No auto correct for the keyboard?

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Does the auto prediction work properly for you guys anyway? I realise that the software takes a while to process the word you're typing, and if you type too quickly, when you press spacebar the previous suggestion appears instead.

I found that it was a bit slow to pick up what I had typed and auto corrected the word incorrectly. It got very annoying and I ended up going back to the SwiftKey keyboard which works much better

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

DekonR

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I like that the stock JellyBean KB has the good auto-correct, but I miss the dedicated row for numbers. I type numbers a lot and like not having to go to the sub-keyboard to get them like on the Samsung keyboard. Is there a keyboard out there with auto-correct that has the number row on the main keyboard? In a perfect world, it would have a comma too :)

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed Swiftkey yesterday. I'm really liking the predictive text; it's amazing how quickly it learns your speech and typing patterns.

bengtc

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried swiftkey and kii keyboard and went with kii....it has text short cuts so I can type c1 and it will be my full email address.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's really irritating when someone points out a problem with X app and people say the solution is to ignore X and just use Y. This is not a solution. The solution to the Samsung Keyboard not autocorrecting on AT&T is not to install SwiftKey (no disrespect to them; it's a great keyboard and they deserve your money/business) or other keyboards. The solution is for Samsung to provide that very basic functionality out of the box. I just bought a new S4 only after poking around the demos and determining that auto correct actually worked on the Samsung keyboard. I was thrilled - then I got it home and the setting to make that happen wasn't available on mine. So I went back and held them up side by side - the demo unit (which turned out to be a Sprint S4) had the auto replacement option, while my brand new AT&T did not. This is very frustrating to me - I really like this phone, but Samsung really makes me mad with their software.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It's really irritating when someone points out a problem with X app and people say the solution is to ignore X and just use Y. This is not a solution. The solution to the Samsung Keyboard not autocorrecting on AT&T is not to install SwiftKey (no disrespect to them; it's a great keyboard and they deserve your money/business) or other keyboards. The solution is for Samsung to provide that very basic functionality out of the box. I just bought a new S4 only after poking around the demos and determining that auto correct actually worked on the Samsung keyboard. I was thrilled - then I got it home and the setting to make that happen wasn't available on mine. So I went back and held them up side by side - the demo unit (which turned out to be a Sprint S4) had the auto replacement option, while my brand new AT&T did not. This is very frustrating to me - I really like this phone, but Samsung really makes me mad with their software.

Who is to say who is really to blame for this? Obviously Samsung is capable of putting it on their phones. Just like the missing optical reader in Verizon gs4s. Whose decision was that?

We come to expect all these features standard on every smartphone and then it becomes inexcusable when we get nothing more than what is actually a decent keyboard that just happens to not have autocorrect. SwiftKey may or may not be a solution. It's a workaround. Samsung right on their website claims to have developed the keyboard with SwiftKey. There are many workarounds we get to use on our phones. At least they have the capability to use them.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I installed A.I.type keyboard on my s4 because it has much more intense hypatic feedback and is easier for me to use (verizon s4).

And it has auto correct plus predictive text. See it at android market place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

AgnesLP

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
It seems in ome cases the autocorrect feature depends on the keyboard / input language combination.

I have got a Note 2 from Korea and it had some Asian language and Samsung Chinese IME keyboard loaded.
That keyboard accepts Asian languages as well as English input, but no French (I am french)
If I keep this IME keyboard with English, auto correct does work.
Idon't manage to load Frenc with this keyboard.

After I chose French as a language, I enabled Samsung keyboard.
Then I dont find any choice to enable auto correct, or oit does not work the same way (it suggest words but does not auto correct).
I belive there should be a way to add some linguistic pack, but I can't find.

I could use an alternative keyyboard like Swifkey or else,n ut I could not find any that does both:
- offer auto correct
- has a key to switch to manual input
- provides a keyboard with both letters and figures on the same layout.

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks, Agnes

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
As someone said earlier, also missing from the Verizon version and from my U.S. wifi-only Galaxy Note 8.0.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 8.0 via Android Central App

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing since the s4 doesn't have autocorrect, 3rd party keyboards such as swiftkey bootsed in downloads. Maybe this was on purpose for this reason. I'm to cheap to pay for a keyboard so the Google keyboard is just perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois