Double press of home button to launch Google Voice Search?

dsmoother

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I was able to get this done using nova
1. Disabled S Voice
2. opened nova setting
3. go into gestures and buttons
4. Select voice search as your home button.

Now double tap home and you got it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get this done using nova
1. Disabled S Voice
2. opened nova setting
3. go into gestures and buttons
4. Select voice search as your home button.

Now double tap home and you got it.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing. 🙋

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
An app called Home 2 shortcut. It's on the play store. Make sure to disable S Voice as well. Google a how to use if the app gives you any issues.

Home2 Shortcut was working perfectly on my Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile). Yesterday I got the update to Kit Kat, and Home2 is no longer working. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. Anyone have a suggestion?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Home2 Shortcut was working perfectly on my Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile). Yesterday I got the update to Kit Kat, and Home2 is no longer working. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. Anyone have a suggestion?

Have you updated the app yet?
You might want to email the dev of said app to let him know.

Sent From The Pegassus Galaxy With My GS4

Sandman614

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, if you don't uncheck the double home-press option in the s voice app before you disable it, the system will still try to direct you to the app when you double-press the home button, then fail with a gray screen flashing up briefly.

What you need to do to correct this is re-enable s voice (it's at the very bottom of the list of apps now that it's disabled), go into s voice and hit your menu button, then uncheck the option relating to double-clicking the home button, disable s voice again and then you should be fine.

If it still doesn't work, I'd uninstall, then reinstall the home 2 shortcut app. Hope this helps!

You sir get a Gold Star!! Thank you! Unchecking "Open via the home key" in S-Voice settings did the trick for me. Once I unchecked this option I didn't have to disable S-Voice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca