I have had my s4 for a few days now and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm coming from an iPhone which I have used and had everyone since 2007. I'm slowly getting used to the change. I do have one kinda annoying thing that I'm not sure if there is a way around. I can't stand the blank faces next to the text conversation bubbles and on the call screen. I don't want to assign a face to people and would jut like to get rid of all that. I'm doubting this is possible but like I said I'm new to android so I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks for any help, Brandon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-04-2013 06:59 AM
    I have had my s4 for a few days now and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm coming from an iPhone which I have used and had everyone since 2007. I'm slowly getting used to the change. I do have one kinda annoying thing that I'm not sure if there is a way around. I can't stand the blank faces next to the text conversation bubbles and on the call screen. I don't want to assign a face to people and would jut like to get rid of all that. I'm doubting this is possible but like I said I'm new to android so I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks for any help, Brandon

You can take a black picture and put that in all of your contact photos. But I believe you are right, you can't remove that feature.
    05-04-2013 08:15 AM
    Hi and welcome.

I don't have a sgs4 but can still try and help some.

As for caller id, you can try this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.lowveld.ucs

And if you wanted to change contact images in SMS, you could always d/l GoSMS or Handcent or any other SMS app of your liking, set it as default, and go into options and select/deselect to show contact images.
    That's what's nice with android, the stock SMS app doesn't have to stay the default, you can always change to what you want. Same with browser, can make opera or Firefox your default, as opposed to how things are done in iOS.

Sometimes, you can even find roms (custom android operating systems) that the developers have tweaked/ changed/themed and find that they change the stock image of blank contact to something else. But that involves rooting your device and gets a little more complex.

Rooting is like taking the red pill; you find out how deep the rabbit hole goes. :-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    05-04-2013 08:23 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I want faces instead of blank faces.how do I get faces
    02-25-2014 12:09 PM
    - - - Updated - - -

I want faces instead of blank faces.how do I get faces
    If your contacts have a facebook account you can sync their profile picture to their contact info, or take pictures of all your friends is about the only way to get faces..
    02-25-2014 01:45 PM