Which one are you using by default, and why ?
    05-04-2013 01:41 PM
    I use stock because I like being able to a) save pages for offline reading and b) not jump through hoops to see my history. Also, scrolling to close to the edge of the page would cause the page to swipe, and that was very annoying.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    05-04-2013 01:46 PM
    I have gotten in the habit of using the stock browser due to a perseption that it was faster and I liked the usability a bit more, BUT, after getting my S4 I needed to access my banks website to check my accounts and the stock browser repeatedly failed to get past the online banking security! After several calls to the bank we gave up and I did my business over the phone! I tried again several times over the next 3 days and no go, finally on a whim I popped up Chrome and it took me right through the verification screens and accessed my account with no problem! Interestingly enough, the results had been just opposite on my S3!?
    Side note...The tech in the IT department at the bank speculated that it may be the new security software implimented in the S4, but he admitted that was a guess!

Cheers
    05-04-2013 02:02 PM
    Very much considering going to the stock browser on the S4. I love chrome because everything syncs to my desktop/laptop, but I use the beta due to full screen. I'm not sure what the F google is doing, but rendering in the beta is horrible compared to what it used to be. The latest helped a bit, but not 100% to what it should be.

Plus, I've been using the stock browser a bit while I'm eating lunch, and being able to scroll without touching the screen is awesome.
    05-04-2013 02:09 PM
    I have gotten in the habit of using the stock browser due to a perseption that it was faster and I liked the usability a bit more, BUT, after getting my S4 I needed to access my banks website to check my accounts and the stock browser repeatedly failed to get past the online banking security! After several calls to the bank we gave up and I did my business over the phone! I tried again several times over the next 3 days and no go, finally on a whim I popped up Chrome and it took me right through the verification screens and accessed my account with no problem! Interestingly enough, the results had been just opposite on my S3!?
    Side note...The tech in the IT department at the bank speculated that it may be the new security software implimented in the S4, but he admitted that was a guess!

Cheers
    Really odd. Which bank? Do they have an app?

I use the Chase bank app for banking needs.

John
    05-04-2013 02:56 PM