05-07-2013 05:49 PM
64 123
tools
    It is faster than the One. If you're comparing the UI right now, its because one of them released their phone with the same version of Android their flagship from last year is running. The other has the very latest version of Android and they haven't optimized it for their UI yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    If you actually believe that, then you sir, are a schmuck. I have owned just about every Samsung phone since the galaxy nexus, including the s3 and note 2. Seemed like the newer the phone, the more it slows down...it really is a shame. I would much rather have a better user experience than a minor os update. If we were talking about gingerbread to ics it would be one thing, but you are referring to a very minor OS update.

Your stock s4 will never be as fast as the stock one. If you installed a bloat-free rom it would be a diff story.
    05-04-2013 10:27 PM
    If you actually believe that, then you sir, are a schmuck. I have owned just about every Samsung phone since the galaxy nexus, including the s3 and note 2. Seemed like the newer the phone, the more it slows down...it really is a shame. I would much rather have a better user experience than a minor os update. If we were talking about gingerbread to ics it would be one thing, but you are referring to a very minor OS update.

Your stock s4 will never be as fast as the stock one. If you installed a bloat-free rom it would be a diff story.
    So the Note 2 and S3 are slow right now? That's news to me. I said its faster because either version, Snapdragon or Exynos, outperform the One from a hardware standpoint. What you see on the One is a UI that's stripped down to nothing so it appears to be fast. If I install Nova on my S4 and turn off all the animations that are the main reason the S4 stutters occasionally, its every bit as fast as the One.

An update will come, the UI will get faster, and that's about it. No need for cool insults like "schmuck", either. I've owned both phones.

Jude526 likes this.
    05-04-2013 10:42 PM
    So the Note 2 and S3 are slow right now? That's news to me. I said its faster because either version, Snapdragon or Exynos, outperform the One from a hardware standpoint. What you see on the One is a UI that's stripped down to nothing so it appears to be fast. If I install Nova on my S4 and turn off all the animations that are the main reason the S4 stutters occasionally, its every bit as fast as the One.

An update will come, the UI will get faster, and that's about it. No need for cool insults like "schmuck", either. I've owned both phones.

You want to know how I know you full of it? You actually think that the s4 snapdragon600 and the htc snapdragon600 are different. They are the same chipset, genius..its like going to a PC forum and posting "My i5 2500k will outperform your i5 2500k"-------> hahaha what?!?
    I also find it interested that you think the the HTC One 'appears' faster? Ok so the htc one is slower but it APPEARS faster..Interesting. Never heard that one before lololololol

and for the record yes, the wakeup time on the note 2 is pathetic(the gallery too). Even with everything turns off it takes a full second to wakeup. If you have animations/features on it is even more ridiculous.
    05-04-2013 10:57 PM
    Yeah optimized drop the bloat. Yes the One is on an older version of the OS. It's ui though is paired down from where it was before. Samsung went the opposite direction. Load up more useless features that bog down the system. Why do you think they overclocked it. To cut through all that. And yet they still are having lag issues from what is being reported. Now if Samsung gets KLP on the S4 and HTC doesn't upgrade to that then you have an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    History will say that will happen.

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4
    05-04-2013 11:10 PM
    You want to know how I know you full of it? You actually think that the s4 snapdragon600 and the htc snapdragon600 are different. They are the same chipset, genius..its like going to a PC forum and posting "My i5 2500k will outperform your i5 2500k"-------> hahaha what?!?
    I also find it interested that you think the the HTC One 'appears' faster? Ok so the htc one is slower but it APPEARS faster..Interesting. Never heard that one before lololololol

and for the record yes, the wakeup time on the note 2 is pathetic(the gallery too). Even with everything turns off it takes a full second to wakeup. If you have animations/features on it is even more ridiculous.
    Or that the 600 on the S4 is clocked higher...so you know it, it's faster. Only all the benchmarking tools agree with me. I never said they were different chipsets.

I last had a Note 2 around Christmas time. Didn't have any issues with it.

I'm not going to take the time to explain to you how a phone with a slower processor (whether its a slower CPU or just clocked lower) and a stripped down OS (see: iOS and iPhone) can still appear faster in use. You can "lololol" somewhere else.

maryjane2300, poc1997 and cmersman like this.
    05-04-2013 11:19 PM
    Or that the 600 on the S4 is clocked higher...so you know it, it's faster. Only all the benchmarking tools agree with me. I never said they were different chipsets.

I'm not going to take the time to explain to you how a phone with a slower processor (whether its a slower CPU or just clocked lower) and a stripped down OS (see: iOS and iPhone) can still appear faster in use. You can "lololol" somewhere else.

It's not worth your time trying to explain it to him. He's stuck on his Htc One. Only so much you can do.

The Hustleman and Donvald like this.
    05-04-2013 11:21 PM

Oh, yes. PLEASE. I am dying to know how the HTC One appears faster while actually being slower. Please enlighten me...
    05-04-2013 11:22 PM
    It's not worth your time trying to explain it to him. He's stuck on his Htc One. Only so much you can do.

Pretty much.

05-04-2013 11:24 PM
    If you guys go to my other thread post you will see I have congratulated people on their S4s and also agreed it is the best phone on the market for people wanting removable battery/storage.

I just cant stand when people lie or misrepresent the phones to people that don't know better.
    05-04-2013 11:26 PM
    According to Samsung's own projection, s4 will sell at least 100 million compared to s3's 50 million

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 08:13 AM
    According to Samsung's own projection, s4 will sell at least 100 million compared to s3's 50 million

I don't see it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 08:15 AM
    The best obvious example anyone can give you is the Iphone5! It has a much slower processor, BUT, runs IOS quite fast and smoothly, this is also VERY obvious with any of the Windows phones with VERY slow proccessors running the OS fluidly!

Cheers
    Eric Kane and toujours_frais like this.
    05-05-2013 08:56 AM
    The best obvious example anyone can give you is the Iphone5! It has a much slower processor, BUT, runs IOS quite fast and smoothly, this is also VERY obvious with any of the Windows phones with VERY slow proccessors running the OS fluidly!

Cheers
    Apple makes the hardware around their software or vice versa, that's why they can pull it off.

Windows takes a lot of control as well.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 09:14 AM
    Numbers wise, I have been of the opinion for some time that the GS4 would sell somewhere above what the GS2 sold since this seems to be Samsungs target market! But lately I am begining the widen that thinking a bit. My assumptions are changing based on what I am seeing in the media and the sea change in the advertising practices! Big change here is add companies moving away from the use of the Iphone in pretty much all product advertising you see to the use of the Galaxy S3! For years we have been subliminally force fed images of the Iphone, in advertising for soup to nuts with Apple reaping tremendous results! So many of my Iphone toting friends love their phones but can't defend it and tell me it's just COOL! LOL!
    While this is probably wild speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if the Galaxy line of phones started to see this type of effect while the Iphone seems to be losing a bit of it's luster and Apples stock is no where close to as solid as it once was! It just may be me, but I get the feeling we have a much higher change over rate from IOS users this time!
    Now, with all of this said, Samsung does have stiffer compitition this time around from several brands including their own Note line!! HTC has brought a formitable device in the One, probably better compitition then the One X was last time but MUCH to HTCs dismay, they have squandered the VERY valuable lead time they had last time and effectivly launched a couple weeks before the S4 which may end up hurting a LOT!
    Let's also remember maybe the most important part of this puzzle, "WIDE RELEASE", no other phone will be in more markets around the world, PERIOD! Not even the iphone will sell on SO many carriers and this ultimately will probably doom the HTC One with it's very limited market release! A shame really for such a nice device but if customers can't buy it, they won't!
    Just for discussion, I'm guessing we will see numbers close to the GS3 but I wouldn't be surprised at higher sales!With the add campain the Samsung is sure to fire up and the benifit of this side addvertising, who knows what sale could be?

Cheers
    fkpalm likes this.
    05-05-2013 09:36 AM
    The One is a worth competitor in the tech world, but we are a minority. The S4 will sell more than the One, and I think it might sell more than the S3. Samsung has a lot invested in marketing. HTC doesnt.
    fkpalm likes this.
    05-05-2013 11:12 AM
    I'm quite positive the htc one will top the one X flagship of last year. Will samsungs s4 top the s3? Just curious to see what you guys/gals think
    The One could top One-x sales by an order of magnitude and still not approach GS3 sales. IIRC, Samsung's sold close to 40 million GS3s world-wide. And few of those owners are eligible for upgrades yet. Android owners don't seem quite as addicted to the "gotta have the newest even if it doesn't really change anything" approach that iPhone owners have, so it may be tough for Samsung to top that number.
    05-05-2013 12:44 PM

Cheers
    I suspect Android could be much quicker if it didn't have all the code associated with real multi-tasking in it. And the iPhone would be a lot slower if it really had to do complete background task management like Android does.
    chevyman29 likes this.
    05-05-2013 12:47 PM
    It will based on its marketing and advertisement. It shouldn't though due to its unacceptable lag.
    This will be resolved with a simple software update which will happen in the near future. HTC pushed 1 or 2 updates to fix software glitches so I can expect Samsung to do the same.
    05-05-2013 12:47 PM
    This will be resolved with a simple software update which will happen in the near future. HTC pushed 1 or 2 updates to fix software glitches so I can expect Samsung to do the same.
    No updates with the current HTC One that I know of?
    05-05-2013 12:49 PM

I agree. That is why Samsung is doing this marketing gimmick of only releasing the 16gb version first, and they are selling like hot cakes too. As soon as the demand slows, then Samsung will offer the larger version. I think they will top a 100 million.
    05-05-2013 04:04 PM
    i agree. S3 got Project Butter, S4 got Project Stutter.... lol (Still lovin' it like no otha, tho : )

It will sell well, but doubtful it can outsell the S3...Nexus 4, HTC One, LG's latest weren't around last year to compete like they are now....

BTC
    05-05-2013 07:46 PM
    It won't outsell it. The One will steal a fair number of its sales, as will the next Optimus G and its variants. The market is very different this year, and since Samsung is one of the largest, it will hurt them the most.
    05-05-2013 09:39 PM
    I use Air Gesture and Air View. They're not useless. There's really no lag. The phone stutters occasionally on transition animations.

Not hard to code for a UI when you've been coding for the very same version of Android for almost a year on your other phones.

Ok first part, you just invalidated your argument. With a cpu that is overclocked the way it is. This thing should scream. It's not especially with as you said the animations.

Yes 4.1.2 is older, that said the difference between that and 4.2.2 is minimal. You do realize that when HTC was working on the One. 4.2.2 was probably not out yet. Will the One get 4.2.2 soon? Probably. What it should get is KLP sometime after the new year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 11:50 PM
    Most likely. Ignorant people will bash even when they have nothing to back it up.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    I would say the plastic(opinion) and the fact that half your storage(on 16GB model) is used up( don't say that you have an SD card because you can't install apps on it)
    And it's Amoled display is over saturated I just didn't like it.
    Now one of the cool things about samsung phones is the ability to change the screen mode like dynamic and movie mode, also once the32 and 64GB models land then that issue will also be void. the only thing the S4 has that I really hate is touch whizz, I am sorry but IMHO it is downright ugly looking.
    05-06-2013 01:31 AM
    No updates with the current HTC One that I know of?
    There was a camera update.
    05-06-2013 01:33 AM
64 123