05-07-2013 05:49 PM
64 123
tools
    In other countries S4 sales are more than S3. So i expect same it happens in India also.
    Lets Wait & See for a bit of time
    05-06-2013 04:27 AM
    Well the massive success of the GSIII is either a benefit or a disadvantage. It means more people are comfortable using Samsung devices, more people believe Samsung is the best device manufacturer Android has etc. But it also means, tons of people are perfectly happy with their GS3's and not as likely to upgrade to the S4.

This is the problem with Samsung. There is a diminished quality about the GS4 to GS3 and Note 2 owners. Plus, Samsung is facing stronger competition from the HTC One, a phone mentioned in almost all the reviews. Last year, I was one of 10 friends who bought the GS3 within the first few weeks of release. Right now, I'm the first of my friends to upgrade, and it doesn't seem like they are so intent to do so.

A lot of people are also waiting to hear more about the Nexus 5, Note 3 or iphone 5s or whatever.
    05-06-2013 06:16 AM
    Ok first part, you just invalidated your argument. With a cpu that is overclocked the way it is. This thing should scream. It's not especially with as you said the animations.

Yes 4.1.2 is older, that said the difference between that and 4.2.2 is minimal. You do realize that when HTC was working on the One. 4.2.2 was probably not out yet. Will the One get 4.2.2 soon? Probably. What it should get is KLP sometime after the new year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that first sentence because I barely understood it. I guess you're from the school of thought that believes the CPU is the be-all end-all in performance. It's not. It's important, but so is optimizing the software. That's the issue with the S4. If you could just throw hardware at it, the Exynos 5 would be faster in these situations, but it really isn't.
    05-06-2013 08:33 AM
    I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that first sentence because I barely understood it. I guess you're from the school of thought that believes the CPU is the be-all end-all in performance. It's not. It's important, but so is optimizing the software. That's the issue with the S4. If you could just throw hardware at it, the Exynos 5 would be faster in these situations, but it really isn't.
    It's really a matter of how you look at it. From your point of view, Samsung is having issues cause of it being on 4.2.2 and they have more kinks to work out. Granted there can always refine code to make something run better. Heck that's why project butter was started in the first place. I'm seeing it not so much as software refinement but more as the S4 is doing to much for the system to keep up. That was the reason for the overclock, Samsung knew that all the stuff they were putting on here was going to tax it. To make up for that they bumped up the processor. Did it help? on that I world say yes. Thing is HTC realized they had to do a revamp and slimmed down Sense5. With that they a very responsive user experience. If you took out all the bells and whistles that Samsung crammed into TW this time round it would be even faster.

This was a design decision that Samsung made that i'm not about to let them get a pass on. Now hopefully they can rewrite code and make it better. If 4.2.2 had been out only say 3 months ago I would say you have a stronger argument. It wasn't, and Samsung had plenty of time if there were specific issues with 4.2.2. This is all an issue of UI bloat in TW. You may not agree and that is fine. That's just what i've seen so far.

Besides, in the end there will be more goodies to come out later this year to go after.
    05-06-2013 03:54 PM
    It's really a matter of how you look at it. From your point of view, Samsung is having issues cause of it being on 4.2.2 and they have more kinks to work out. Granted there can always refine code to make something run better. Heck that's why project butter was started in the first place. I'm seeing it not so much as software refinement but more as the S4 is doing to much for the system to keep up. That was the reason for the overclock, Samsung knew that all the stuff they were putting on here was going to tax it. To make up for that they bumped up the processor. Did it help? on that I world say yes. Thing is HTC realized they had to do a revamp and slimmed down Sense5. With that they a very responsive user experience. If you took out all the bells and whistles that Samsung crammed into TW this time round it would be even faster.

This was a design decision that Samsung made that i'm not about to let them get a pass on. Now hopefully they can rewrite code and make it better. If 4.2.2 had been out only say 3 months ago I would say you have a stronger argument. It wasn't, and Samsung had plenty of time if there were specific issues with 4.2.2. This is all an issue of UI bloat in TW. You may not agree and that is fine. That's just what i've seen so far.

Besides, in the end there will be more goodies to come out later this year to go after.
    I don't think it was specific issues, but just a focus on other things that may have led to this. Either way, Touchwiz is not performing as well as it could and there's plenty of factors that are contributing to that. So yes I do agree. Either way, it needs to be addressed and corrected. I'd love to see what this thing can do when the software is optimized.
    05-06-2013 04:00 PM
    I don't think it was specific issues, but just a focus on other things that may have led to this. Either way, Touchwiz is not performing as well as it could and there's plenty of factors that are contributing to that. So yes I do agree. Either way, it needs to be addressed and corrected. I'd love to see what this thing can do when the software is optimized.
    On that we can both agree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 06:56 PM
    S4 is giong to blow S3 sales away over the same period.

Keep in mind that a lot of people are STILL transitioning from feature phones to smart phones. Also, a lot of other people missed the S3 generation (myself included) because of other phones... i personally had a Gnex.
    05-06-2013 07:26 PM

Keep in mind that a lot of people are STILL transitioning from feature phones to smart phones. Also, a lot of other people missed the S3 generation (myself included) because of other phones... i personally had a Gnex.
    Not to mention they offer a 32GB version of their phone with expandable storage for $50 less than the iPhone 5 with just 32GB internal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-06-2013 07:30 PM
    With the even more bloated touchwiz interface? I dont think so
    05-06-2013 08:59 PM
    Because the average consumer even knows what bloat is. Or even cares.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-06-2013 09:02 PM
    The only people that care about that are those of us in forums

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-06-2013 09:12 PM
    It's only bloated if you can't handle it, plus you can turn off the features anyway. Try again.
    05-06-2013 09:27 PM

Not quite. The issue is that the S3 customers won't be eligible for upgrades until next year. Samsung hasn't cultivated the kind of brand loyalty like Apple that will result in people buying the S4 at full price. That could be a big drag on sales, especially with handsets like the One vying for their attention.

The S4 will sell a lot, but it will have a difficult time doing what the S3 did.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 10:27 PM
    This will be resolved with a simple software update which will happen in the near future. HTC pushed 1 or 2 updates to fix software glitches so I can expect Samsung to do the same.
    i agree. S3 got Project Butter, S4 got Project Stutter.... lol (Still lovin' it like no otha, tho : )

Ok first part, you just invalidated your argument. With a cpu that is overclocked the way it is. This thing should scream. It's not especially with as you said the animations.
    Apparently there's already an update rolling out for the AT&T version which make the phone much smoother.
    05-07-2013 05:49 PM
64 123