First Android love for the S4!

dlach

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone just a quick 2 cents on my newly acquired S4. Quick little background info on me....former iPhone user since the 3g and Mac user as well.

Phone is not cheap IMO, very nicely made
Very comfy to use and operate
Feels nicer in my pocket than any of my iphones which is odd because it bigger but I notice it alot less
Easy to learn this OS and sooooo many options many of which are very cool and usable
Fast as hell and I've experienced no slow down anywhere on the phone except a slight pause when opening your gallery
Camera is fantastic I'm blown away how mice the pictures are and the UI is very quick and nice as well
Using Kies to transfer from my mac to my S4 effortless dont see what the big deal is
Speaker quality is surprisingly nice
Screen is awesome what more to say

Anyways those are just my quick impressions of my S4. If you have any Q's I'll try to answer them the best I can I just wanted to post a non fanboy opinion on a great phone :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone just a quick 2 cents on my newly acquired S4. Quick little background info on me....former iPhone user since the 3g and Mac user as well.

Phone is not cheap IMO, very nicely made
Very comfy to use and operate
Feels nicer in my pocket than any of my iphones which is odd because it bigger but I notice it alot less
Easy to learn this OS and sooooo many options many of which are very cool and usable
Fast as hell and I've experienced no slow down anywhere on the phone except a slight pause when opening your gallery
Camera is fantastic I'm blown away how mice the pictures are and the UI is very quick and nice as well
Using Kies to transfer from my mac to my S4 effortless dont see what the big deal is
Speaker quality is surprisingly nice
Screen is awesome what more to say

Anyways those are just my quick impressions of my S4. If you have any Q's I'll try to answer them the best I can I just wanted to post a non fanboy opinion on a great phone :)

Welcome to Android and the Forums!

Glad you like the device. Hope you are having a blast with it. My only suggestion is after another week or so playing with it, and if you really want to bring custom to a whole new level, try downloading a new Launcher from Play. A launcher is a different User Interface and changes the way you interact with the device. I would suggest Nova, I love that launcher. Many things can be changed on the free version, and there are many other launchers to choose from. ADW, Go, Apex.

dlach

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Nova is next on my list for sure! Man I cant stop playing with this phone way better than iOS and iphones as well!

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time owner of HTC phones, from the Evo to the Rezound. I had every intention of getting the HTC One today. Just happened to pick up the s4 just to fool around with it and was blown away. The One is an amazing phone, but I couldn't put the Samsung down!

I love this phone!

Last edited:

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
My brother was AMAZED and the camera quality...he is an iOS guy but he was blown away!
This phone is amazing!

The camera quality is amazing in good light. Absolutely insane. When I transferred my pictures to my computer, I was blown away that I could actually take portions of the picture and use them as a 1920x1080 resolution wallpaper that looks like it's taken from a proper camera.

In bad light... not so much!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The camera quality is amazing in good light. Absolutely insane. When I transferred my pictures to my computer, I was blown away that I could actually take portions of the picture and use them as a 1920x1080 resolution wallpaper that looks like it's taken from a proper camera.

In bad light... not so much!

Use the auto night mode... It really helps A LOT in dark environments

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz