I read a lot of people say if you use a 2.1 charger (seem to be made for ipad stuff) that Android phones don't recognize it as the correct amps and charge at a default .5 amp rate.
    I want a dual usb charger (either two 2.0 amps or one 2.0 and one 1.0) but all the main ones on amazon and the like have reviews about this saying only good for apple products and they are all dual 1.0 and 2.1 amps.
    Anybody know which one I should get?

Samsung makes this 2.0 charger but it is not a dual one
    Gallery - Cell Phone Accessories ECA-U21CBE | Samsung Cell Phones
    05-05-2013 12:49 AM
    I read a lot of people say if you use a 2.1 charger (seem to be made for ipad stuff) that Android phones don't recognize it as the correct amps and charge at a default .5 amp rate.
    I want a dual usb charger (either two 2.0 amps or one 2.0 and one 1.0) but all the main ones on amazon and the like have reviews about this saying only good for apple products and they are all dual 1.0 and 2.1 amps.
    Anybody know which one I should get?

Samsung makes this 2.0 charger but it is not a dual one
    Gallery - Cell Phone Accessories ECA-U21CBE | Samsung Cell Phones
    My Nexus 7 came with a 2.0A out of the box and works great on a 2.1A that I bought from Amazon. My Galaxy Nexus does fine charging on both, but I believe it to have a max draw of 1.0A. The thing with car chargers is more in how Samsung devices read the charger. With specific chargers, or any scenario where it believes it is hooked up to an AC outlet, it will draw the full value. Often times car chargers are read by the device as being similar to being charged through a USB2 port, which tends to cap at .5A. This interpretation seems to be set and translated at the kernel level. The best option, in my opinion, is to get a good AC charger that is rated well and use a power inverter to translate your charging port into an AC outlet as an intermediary. In this way your device will draw as much as it can through the inverter because it will actually be interfacing with an AC charge scenario.
    05-05-2013 01:11 AM
    I have a wall charger and a car charger that I purchased from best buy. Both are rated at 3.1amp and work fine with my S4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 02:02 AM
    05-23-2013 09:30 AM