How will you use your 50GB's of Dropbox?

Daniel Mclean

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking to backup pictures taken on s4 and maybe upload some movies so i can watch them since the gallery links in with dropbox.

What are your ideas?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, if I go by some of our fellow forum users and some Verizon people, I will be using it along with the sd card to install mounds of apps ;). At least Samsung being the phone maker and all has the tech sense to at least think just the sd card works for that and not Dropbox. Samsung confirms to me that even builders of great things can have clueless people create wrong perception.

If I were joking, this would be funny even to me. Sad really.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody really been able to access this offer?

I already had an account, but can't figure out how to increase it.

Sent DB support an email, but haven't gotten a response yet.

John

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, already have a Dropbox account and would love to bump it up but details on this are very spotty this time! Not a lot said about it! Danial, do you have any more info on this?

Cheers

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I sorted my free 50gb out a few weeks back. Probably won't use it. If you use it for anything important then you will have to pay for it anyway when the 2 years free runs out. I think they are counting on that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Daniel Mclean

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, already have a Dropbox account and would love to bump it up but details on this are very spotty this time! Not a lot said about it! Danial, do you have any more info on this?

When I went through the initial setup process of my S4 I got prompted to activate 50GB's of dropbox space, I think it is a samsung offer not carriers. It looks like the S4 backs ups photos and videos to dropbox after taking them.

If you have not linked to dropbox try going to settingas > accounts > add account then link drop box, they send a confirmation email when your done.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody really been able to access this offer?

I already had an account, but can't figure out how to increase it.

Sent DB support an email, but haven't gotten a response yet.

John

Once u sign up for it on your phone, u should get an email with a link to activate it... I have 102GB of Dropbox space now lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it is carrier dependent, at least the carrier you buy your phone from...I have had every Galaxy phone (S and Note series) so far on ATT and have never got to use any dropbox promotion. My wife has a t mobile S3 and got some deal on dropbox and the app was preinstalled on her S3. I use Drive, Box and Dropbox all because I have a Nexus 4. I have 50 GB on Box because I activated with an LG phone (Nexus 4). I like dropbox better but have like only 5 GB.

I do not think it is a permanent offer like it is with Box in that after a year or so it reverts back to a smaller size. I am not certain of that though.

Anyone able to active the 50GB on dropbox with an S4 bought by ATT?

Daniel Mclean

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it is carrier dependent, at least the carrier you buy your phone from...I have had every Galaxy phone (S and Note series) so far on ATT and have never got to use any dropbox promotion. My wife has a t mobile S3 and got some deal on dropbox and the app was preinstalled on her S3. I use Drive, Box and Dropbox all because I have a Nexus 4. I have 50 GB on Box because I activated with an LG phone (Nexus 4). I like dropbox better but have like only 5 GB.

I do not think it is a permanent offer like it is with Box in that after a year or so it reverts back to a smaller size. I am not certain of that though.

Anyone able to active the 50GB on dropbox with an S4 bought by ATT?

I live in the UK and I bought my phone unlocked. sim free. I got the offer

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Have used Dropbox for some time now and automatically upload all my pics and vids which sinc to all of my and my wifes devices! She no longer wines about "send me that picture"!

Cheers

Daniel Mclean

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Have used Dropbox for some time now and automatically upload all my pics and vids which sinc to all of my and my wifes devices! She no longer wines about "send me that picture"!

Thats a good idea, I used dropbox, then switched to google drive because of larger free space and cheaper upgrades, now im back to drop box because of the free 50 gigs

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Daniel Mclean

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It is a Samsung offer, but I guess the carriers can opt out. Did you have the dropbox app preinstalled on your unlocked version? Is the dropbox app preinstalled on the ATT S4?

i cannot remember, i think it was, i will check i am just doing a charge cycle to optimise battery life, im presuming if i can not delete it was pre installed

I remember you could sign in to dropbox account on the setup for the phone.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i cannot remember, i think it was, i will check i am just doing a charge cycle to optimise battery life, im presuming if i can not delete it was pre installed

I remember you could sign in to dropbox account on the setup for the phone.

If you could sign in when setting up the phone, it was most likely preinstalled. It is a great offer from Samsung. I will wait to hear from ATT s4 users to see if they got the deal. Not that it ultimately affects getting the phone. 50GB on dropbox would be very nice since it allows you to automatically sync photo taken. I wish Box would add that feature.

EDIT: I just noticed the carrier specific forums. I will ask about ATT there.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith