10-25-2013 02:29 AM
33 12
tools
    I was thinking to backup pictures taken on s4 and maybe upload some movies so i can watch them since the gallery links in with dropbox.

What are your ideas?
    05-05-2013 07:49 AM
    Well, if I go by some of our fellow forum users and some Verizon people, I will be using it along with the sd card to install mounds of apps . At least Samsung being the phone maker and all has the tech sense to at least think just the sd card works for that and not Dropbox. Samsung confirms to me that even builders of great things can have clueless people create wrong perception.

If I were joking, this would be funny even to me. Sad really.
    05-05-2013 08:18 AM
    Has anybody really been able to access this offer?

I already had an account, but can't figure out how to increase it.

Sent DB support an email, but haven't gotten a response yet.

John
    Calidoc and JamesTBurns like this.
    05-05-2013 08:22 AM
    yeah, ive been given my 50gbs and i have no idea what rushmore is talking about
    05-05-2013 08:30 AM
    He is being facetious about the SD card not being able to store apps.

John
    05-05-2013 09:04 AM
    Is ATT offering this too? They have opted out in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-05-2013 09:08 AM
    Evidently not.

I don't recall seeing any disclaimer from Samsung saying.. BTW, don't expect this from AT&T. LOL!

John
    05-05-2013 09:34 AM
    What offer are you all talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-05-2013 09:44 AM
    I already had a db account also and never got a prompt for the offer. (ATT)
    05-05-2013 09:54 AM
    Yeah, already have a Dropbox account and would love to bump it up but details on this are very spotty this time! Not a lot said about it! Danial, do you have any more info on this?

Cheers
    alex3333 likes this.
    05-05-2013 10:00 AM
    I sorted my free 50gb out a few weeks back. Probably won't use it. If you use it for anything important then you will have to pay for it anyway when the 2 years free runs out. I think they are counting on that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 10:28 AM
    Yeah, already have a Dropbox account and would love to bump it up but details on this are very spotty this time! Not a lot said about it! Danial, do you have any more info on this?
    When I went through the initial setup process of my S4 I got prompted to activate 50GB's of dropbox space, I think it is a samsung offer not carriers. It looks like the S4 backs ups photos and videos to dropbox after taking them.

If you have not linked to dropbox try going to settingas > accounts > add account then link drop box, they send a confirmation email when your done.
    05-05-2013 10:51 AM
    Has anybody really been able to access this offer?

I already had an account, but can't figure out how to increase it.

Sent DB support an email, but haven't gotten a response yet.

John
    Once u sign up for it on your phone, u should get an email with a link to activate it... I have 102GB of Dropbox space now lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    05-05-2013 11:38 AM
    I think it is carrier dependent, at least the carrier you buy your phone from...I have had every Galaxy phone (S and Note series) so far on ATT and have never got to use any dropbox promotion. My wife has a t mobile S3 and got some deal on dropbox and the app was preinstalled on her S3. I use Drive, Box and Dropbox all because I have a Nexus 4. I have 50 GB on Box because I activated with an LG phone (Nexus 4). I like dropbox better but have like only 5 GB.

I do not think it is a permanent offer like it is with Box in that after a year or so it reverts back to a smaller size. I am not certain of that though.

Anyone able to active the 50GB on dropbox with an S4 bought by ATT?
    05-05-2013 01:01 PM
    I think it is carrier dependent, at least the carrier you buy your phone from...I have had every Galaxy phone (S and Note series) so far on ATT and have never got to use any dropbox promotion. My wife has a t mobile S3 and got some deal on dropbox and the app was preinstalled on her S3. I use Drive, Box and Dropbox all because I have a Nexus 4. I have 50 GB on Box because I activated with an LG phone (Nexus 4). I like dropbox better but have like only 5 GB.

I do not think it is a permanent offer like it is with Box in that after a year or so it reverts back to a smaller size. I am not certain of that though.

Anyone able to active the 50GB on dropbox with an S4 bought by ATT?
    I live in the UK and I bought my phone unlocked. sim free. I got the offer
    05-05-2013 01:16 PM
    Have used Dropbox for some time now and automatically upload all my pics and vids which sinc to all of my and my wifes devices! She no longer wines about "send me that picture"!

Cheers
    05-05-2013 01:24 PM
    Have used Dropbox for some time now and automatically upload all my pics and vids which sinc to all of my and my wifes devices! She no longer wines about "send me that picture"!
    Thats a good idea, I used dropbox, then switched to google drive because of larger free space and cheaper upgrades, now im back to drop box because of the free 50 gigs
    05-05-2013 01:40 PM
    I live in the UK and I bought my phone unlocked. sim free. I got the offer
    It is a Samsung offer, but I guess the carriers can opt out. Did you have the dropbox app preinstalled on your unlocked version? Is the dropbox app preinstalled on the ATT S4?

Edit:

I guess this answers why I did not get it with my S3 on ATT...
    http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/08...ngs-galaxy-s3/
    05-05-2013 01:45 PM
    It is a Samsung offer, but I guess the carriers can opt out. Did you have the dropbox app preinstalled on your unlocked version? Is the dropbox app preinstalled on the ATT S4?
    i cannot remember, i think it was, i will check i am just doing a charge cycle to optimise battery life, im presuming if i can not delete it was pre installed

I remember you could sign in to dropbox account on the setup for the phone.
    No Worry likes this.
    05-05-2013 01:50 PM
    i cannot remember, i think it was, i will check i am just doing a charge cycle to optimise battery life, im presuming if i can not delete it was pre installed

I remember you could sign in to dropbox account on the setup for the phone.
    If you could sign in when setting up the phone, it was most likely preinstalled. It is a great offer from Samsung. I will wait to hear from ATT s4 users to see if they got the deal. Not that it ultimately affects getting the phone. 50GB on dropbox would be very nice since it allows you to automatically sync photo taken. I wish Box would add that feature.

EDIT: I just noticed the carrier specific forums. I will ask about ATT there.
    05-05-2013 01:58 PM
    If you could sign in when setting up the phone, it was most likely preinstalled. It is a great offer from Samsung. I will wait to hear from ATT s4 users to see if they got the deal. Not that it ultimately affects getting the phone. 50GB on dropbox would be very nice since it allows you to automatically sync photo taken. I wish Box would add that feature.
    The dropbox deal is worth 80 i think thats about $120 so its makes the phone cheaper at least haha
    05-05-2013 02:05 PM
    The dropbox deal works out at 80 which is $120 i think. at least it knocks some money off the price
    05-05-2013 02:16 PM
    I don't think I ever used it on my GS3, no reason to use it with my GS4. You guys are overblowing the space issue. It's 2 gb less than what the GS3 had. Pop in a 32 gb MicroSD card for your files, movies, pictures, and save the 9+ gb for apps. Some games are huge, but most apps are within then 20-200 mb range.
    05-06-2013 05:41 AM
    Just got new S4 on EE in UK
    Setup has just got to the dropbox offer page
    Do I login with my existing account or create new?

If I login will I still get the 50GB extra?
    05-09-2013 02:48 PM
    Per Dropbox website:

Is my Samsung phone or tablet eligible for the free space promotion?

Back to Help Center

If you have a brand new Samsung phone or tablet with Dropbox already installed, you may be eligible to earn 48 GB of free space for up to two years. To qualify:

The Dropbox app must be pre-loaded on your device.
    You need to complete at least five steps from our Get Started guide.
    Your carrier must be participating in the promotion.

Make sure Dropbox is pre-loaded

Dropbox must be "pre-loaded" on your brand new phone or tablet, which means that the Dropbox app already came installed without the need to download it from the Google Play store.

If the Dropbox app is pre-loaded on your device, you may qualify for 48 GB of bonus space for up to one year.

Additionally, some devices that have the Dropbox app pre-loaded may also have the Dropbox "out-of-box experience," which means that the first time you turn on the device, you'll be asked to sign in to Dropbox or create a new account. If your device has the out-of-box experience, you may qualify for 48 GB of bonus space for up to two years.

The first Dropbox account that signs in to the app on the device will get 48 GB of free space (assuming the other conditions are met). Each account is only able to claim this promotion once.
    Complete the Get Started guide

To claim your extra space, you need to complete at least five steps from our Get Started guide. Please note that some steps require your desktop computer.
    Make sure your carrier is participating

Some carriers have opted out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are the following carriers:

United States: AT&T
    Japan: NTT DoCoMo
    Korea: SK Telecom

Verizon customers: Some Samsung devices on Verizon may be eligible for 48 GB of bonus space for one or two years. As described above, your device needs to be pre-loaded with the Dropbox app, or pre-loaded with the Dropbox out-of-box experience, to receive the applicable promotion. If your device does not have the Dropbox app pre-loaded, then it is not eligible.
    05-09-2013 02:57 PM
33 12