I would imagine you have set up your S4's by now and have downloaded your app collection. What is everyone seeing in terms of storage remaining? Have your concerns been eased a bit, or are you already out of app memory?
    05-05-2013 07:57 AM
    I've probably got 90%+ of my stuff installed now and have 8.25 Gb available.
    05-05-2013 08:04 AM
    Of course you would, since busy cruising. Hard to drive and use the device at the same time

Seems even for low app users you are the exception to the rule and play no games or use social apps. Good for you, since based on the telemetry of your use, you will have storage space for the ages!
    05-05-2013 08:14 AM
    I would imagine you have set up your S4's by now and have downloaded your app collection. What is everyone seeing in terms of storage remaining? Have your concerns been eased a bit, or are you already out of app memory?
    It won't let me post the image (Tapatalk hosted/error parameters), but I've used 1.65GB out of an available 9.72GB. I honestly laughed at the people getting really upset about this and didnt even check the total storage available on my device. I thought it was supposed to be only 8.82GB? There's basically 10GB of internal storage, which is anywhere from 1-3GB less than most formatted 16GB phones and people are throwing a fit? And the S4, unlike most of those phones, has removable storage so you can use the bulk of the internal storage for apps.

So we've gone from "plastic and cheap" and most people have gotten over that the second they picked up the device. Then it's "slow and laggy", yet it only stutters occasionally on transition animations and has zero to do with the CPU. So there's no lag, and I think most people who actually own the device have figured that out. Now it's complaining about internal storage when if you were really going to use that much of the internal storage on apps or games, the 16GB version was probably not the best choice for you regardless of whether they included 1-3GB more. Wondering why the higher capacity storage versions aren't available yet (or if they will ever be) is a better way to use your time.

What's next? The default MP on the camera is 9.6 instead of 13. You can change it to 13, but the default is 9.6. But they advertised 13. Oh no.

I enjoyed this phone enough just as it is, but the S4 is like the hot new girlfriend who everyone tries to tear down to make their own relationship seem more significant. There's an added bonus to owning the most polarizing phone in the world.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-05-2013 08:28 AM
    I have no ulterior motives for asking my question. Just trying to get a gauge if this is a real issue or just a manufactured concern by the complainer class. I don't recall how much memory I was using at my max but I don't remember ever using more the 5-6 gb's on app storage.
    05-05-2013 08:51 AM
    Why start a post and not post yours?

John
    05-05-2013 09:08 AM
    I have 4 gig left and yes I do use all the apps I have on my phone. Have a 32 gig SD card for photos and music.
    05-05-2013 09:31 AM
    Plus 11GB out of 32GB left on my SD card.

I might add that I do no gaming whatsoever.

John
    Attached Thumbnails S4 Onboard Memory, what do you have left?-screenshot_2013-05-05-09-37-28.jpg  
    05-05-2013 09:41 AM
    People are going to complain no matter what the storage is. With 90% of people it is a non-issue and that is why most carriers won't carry the 32gb version. They don't sell. Its like most other manufactured problems, it is a very vocal minority doing all the complaining. Give me microsd and 8gb is enough but I can understand the gamers may not be happy. If they had the 32gb I would have bought it but 16gb is enough for me. They just need to advertise it as an 8gb version. With today's software, 32gb needs to be the entry point for high end devices but Samsung probably saved $.10 a phone by going with 16gb.
    Loaded up, I have 7.9gb available. With 64gb microSD I don't fore see ever having a problem with storage.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    MBM7881 likes this.
    05-05-2013 10:54 AM
    People are going to complain no matter what the storage is. With 90% of people it is a non-issue and that is why most carriers won't carry the 32gb version. They don't sell. Its like most other manufactured problems, it is a very vocal minority doing all the complaining. Give me microsd and 8gb is enough but I can understand the gamers may not be happy. If they had the 32gb I would have bought it but 16gb is enough for me. They just need to advertise it as an 8gb version. With today's software, 32gb needs to be the entry point for high end devices but Samsung probably saved $.10 a phone by going with 16gb.
    Loaded up, I have 7.9gb available. With 64gb microSD I don't fore see ever having a problem with storage.
    Exactly. In addition, 32GB isn't 32GB, either. They all do it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-05-2013 10:59 AM
    with everything loaded I have 8.02GB available and 4GB of a 32GB SD card available, yes, I need to purchase a new 64GB card, but I do find it a bit ironic that the storage of a new 32 GB HTC One or Iphone 5 would not be enough! Hmmm, no one is complaining about storage issues there! LOL!

Cheers
    05-05-2013 11:08 AM
    I only have 81 apps and I only have 5GB left... This is so dumb... On my S3 I had 240 apps and still had more space left

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    05-05-2013 11:10 AM
    I have 7.5 left.. 60 apps, and 120 songs on my internal storage I bluetooth most songs over from my nexus instead of adding to sd card from computer, kinda dum lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 11:25 AM
    I have 92 apps installed and have 7.82 gigs left. All music and pics are on sd card. Almost 8 gigs of space left to do what I want with. This topic is way overblown in general. Not necessarily this thread but the others I've read.

05-05-2013 11:32 AM
    Maybe because I downloaded Iron man which is almost 1GB alone

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!
    05-05-2013 11:34 AM