S4 outselling One by alot

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am basing my replies on other threads you have responded to,talking how god like the S4 is,and if someones opinion varies from yours you get all crazy,i am here for opinions on wether to get the S4 once Verizon gets it with my upgrade in August,not to fight with a one sided opinion,i could care less what phone outsells what,my needs come first.

Never said the S4 is god-like. I just refuse to let people who don't even own the phone sway people like you, prospective buyers, from buying the phone based off of fallacies or over exaggerations. That's it.

Ask me anything you'd like about either version of the phone (Exynos 5 or Snapdragon) and I'll be objective with you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Never said the S4 is god-like. I just refuse to let people who don't even own the phone sway people like you, prospective buyers, from buying the phone based off of fallacies or over exaggerations. That's it.

Ask me anything you'd like about either version of the phone (Exynos 5 or Snapdragon) and I'll be objective with you.

Okay Thank You for the offer i will ask just waiting till i can walk into a Verizon store and see it for myself,i can tell you i had an S3 but i work outside for 8+hours a day and had to return it cause the screen was to dim,i could care less what it is built with plastic,metal wood glass etc,the radios,cell,data,wifi,bluetooth,GPS are very important to me,Camera,is not that important,do not need a ton of storage,and battery life is of low priority..

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay Thank You for the offer i will ask just waiting till i can walk into a Verizon store and see it for myself,i can tell you i had an S3 but i work outside for 8+hours a day and had to return it cause the screen was to dim,i could care less what it is built with plastic,metal wood glass etc,the radios,cell,data,wifi,bluetooth,GPS are very important to me,Camera,is not that important,do not need a ton of storage,and battery life is of low priority..

If screen brightness outside is important to you to that degree, an LCD screen would be a better choice. They're typically better in direct sunlight. The S4 is an improvement over the S3 in terms of usability in daylight, but not to the extent an LCD screen would provide.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You work for Samsung,why can't people just enjoy there phones instead of acting like there phone is god like,thus the word fanboy exists,the S4 is a nice phone but so is other phones,i have come to expect no phone is perfect,and Samsung phones are not immune to this,this my phone is better then yours is getting old.
WOW, this coming from an HTC owner in a GS4 forum with a history of ripping on Samsung! Again, WOW!

OK, enough of that...HTC can't blame Samsung for thier own marketing woes! They have made several bad decisions over the last several years that have cost them in market share AND mind share! You simply can not build a brand if every year you start over again and then dilute that drand by rebranding your products for every carrier! HTCs willingness to make diferent handsets for every carrier with seperate firmware for each has cost them the opportunity to compete head to head with Samsung and Apple! When HTC manufactures a phone for Verison, and it is all Verison branded and HTC is lucky to get their name on the box, you don't build brand loyalty with the common customer and sadly, this customer only realizes it's an HTC when they have problems! NOT good marketing! Add to this the fact that the industry as a whole now percieves HTC as a "second tier" company and lowed them on credit rating and shipping priorities...witnessed in the recent launch delays of the One due to parts shortages! Not from me but from Wall Street!
You may not like Samsung, but you have to respect the marketing prowess! they learned early on during the original Galaxy S era, that multiple branding is a negitive and from that point pushed carriers to single branding with increasing limits on firmware modification starting with the Galaxy S2 on thru the present GS4! They also leveraged this single increasingly popular brand to get their phones on the vast majority of carriers world-wide! An accomplishment that not even Apple can claim with their demanding carrier plans!

Cheers

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If screen brightness outside is important to you to that degree, an LCD screen would be a better choice. They're typically better in direct sunlight. The S4 is an improvement over the S3 in terms of usability in daylight, but not to the extent an LCD screen would provide.

I was scared of that,not like i can go with the one seeing Verizon does not offer it,i currently use the DNA and Rezound,the DNA fits my needs with the screen,the rezound is not as good outdoors,but come August i do want to upgrade the rezound,so unless something from HTC gets announced for Verizon,the S4 would be the best option,Thanks for the advice.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was scared of that,not like i can go with the one seeing Verizon does not offer it,i currently use the DNA and Rezound,the DNA fits my needs with the screen,the rezound is not as good outdoors,but come August i do want to upgrade the rezound,so unless something from HTC gets announced for Verizon,the S4 would be the best option,Thanks for the advice.

Anytime.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Living next door to a district manager for a company that sells phones has it's advantages.
In this particular part of the mid-atlantic, the iPhone 4S is outselling both by a fair margin. Not the 5, the 4S.

Anecdotes. Everyone has them.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Living next door to a district manager for a company that sells phones has it's advantages.
In this particular part of the mid-atlantic, the iPhone 4S is outselling both by a fair margin. Not the 5, the 4S.

Anecdotes. Everyone has them.

Also not that surprising considering the price.

IPhones. Almost everyone has them.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Funny how people keep saying HTC is terrible with updates my rezound just got it's 4th update and my DNA has had 2.and with Verizon who people claim never update anything.

Rezound it's 4th update and how long did it take to get it's first update ...almost a year i remember because I own one still and those 3 other updates were meaningless just tweaks. not the global that was promised

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Marketing. Samsung owns it.

It's more than that - Samsung are already outspending HTC by about 16:1 and HTC's marketing budget has declined in line with their fortunes and is actually pretty tiny compared to the sector.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
20 stores. One market. Two carriers.

What a huge sampling size that is. You guys fell for the click bait (ok, ok, I did too lol). Perspective, though. It's important for things like this.

I'm not sure anyone expected the One to outsell the S4. That doesn't mean that it won't or can't be a success for HTC. Also, I think everybody expects Samsung to sell a ton of S4's. Also not surprising.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No one here should be surprised. The key for HTC was to sell a lot, not be the best selling. I expect this to continue when the S4 hits Verizon and the One doesn't. But I also expect the next iPhone to have massive sales too but that doesn't prove anything except that marketing is key and you can ride the momentum of previous devices and that's what's Samsung is doing and good for them. This year it's more about HTC getting back on track and it looks like they are getting back there. We will see how the rest of the year turns out. If good, then I look for next year's device to have a device that can rival the S5 sales because in my opinion it's already there in functionality.

Guys, look at it this way, 2014 is going to be exciting for us.... HTC will come with a new device, Samsung is going to have to do something different with the S5 and next year should be when apple redesigns the iphone. It's going to be crazy!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Rezound it's 4th update and how long did it take to get it's first update ...almost a year i remember because I own one still and those 3 other updates were meaningless just tweaks. not the global that was promised
It took nearly 6 months i got my rezound in January and it was released in November,if you are saying the ICS update.and i was pleased with the phone for that time,until November 2012 when i walked into the Verizon store to pay a bill,and seen the DNA played with it,and wound up adding a line and walking out with it,still no regrets,serves me well,i still use the rezound for my computer repair business,for customer phone calls and texts and my DNA for everything else.

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I got my S4 this past week when I took my Photon in for repair. They opted to give me an early upgrade. While getting the new phone set up, I asked how the S4 and HTC One were selling. The girl told me they were selling a surprising number of One's, but that they sold many more S4's than One's. Not data, of course, but it was interesting.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
How can anything be determined in one week? Just wait a few more when customers are complaining they can't install apps to the sd card like sales and Samsung are telling them. Good luck with EA, Gameloft or GTA games with that nine total gigs. Still, if data heavy apps are not used, I agree that returns should be minimal.

Not a fanboy of any device, but have owned a S3 since launch and will get the S4 if a larger size is offered. I agree it is the better device for several big reasons, but one week of data is a tad presumptuous. That must be some serious exponential curve being used ;)

Fellow math and forecast trend folks will get that one :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Undoubtedly true, but I was using my S3 outdoors in sunlight today and didn't have any real issue. I just shaded the screen with m body.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Undoubtedly true, but I was using my S3 outdoors in sunlight today and didn't have any real issue. I just shaded the screen with m body.

I would assume switching it to dynamic mode and putting the brightness at 100% would make it work just fine.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Marketing. Samsung owns it.

I can't recall the last time I saw an hTc commercial on Television, the One has been out for a few weeks and still haven't seen one. LOL

This was the problem with RIM/BlackBerry in the past, now I'm seeing more commercials for the Q10 & Z10 than Apple's iPhone.

Actually I've seen the One Boomsound commercial at least four times on U.S. TV, including three times on NBC - once during the Today show and twice during the Tonight show.

Edited to add: But I have yet to see the One in my local T-Mobile store. :p But that might mean it still has room to go up... :)

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung sells 50 million S4's I'm sure HTC would be tickled to sell 20 million One's. But that's to be expected given the great S2 and S3 and HTC's cluster**** of past phones and lack of support. Hopefully HTC learned a lesson because I don't think they will get anymore chances after this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37