S4 outselling One by alot

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nah i'd say that makes you sound even worse since you bought something that you portray you can't stand.

I have never 'portrayed that I can't stand' the S4. Also, what you're posting is considered trolling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Eric Kane 1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Nah i'd say that makes you sound even worse since you bought something that you portray you can't stand.

I happen to agree that you're going to get a lot of sites that push one brand/device before the other. All he's saying is that there's no question the S4 will outsell the One, but that posting "proof" from these sites doesn't lend itself to credibility. I echo that sentiment.

Am I against Samsung?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I happen to agree that you're going to get a lot of sites that push one brand/device before the other. All he's saying is that there's no question the S4 will outsell the One, but that posting "proof" from these sites doesn't lend itself to credibility. I echo that sentiment.

Am I against Samsung?

What would constitute proof according to you, so the record is clear going forward.

Eric Kane 1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What would constitute proof according to you, so the record is clear going forward.

Wait until they release their numbers from Q2. There's really no need to post anything before then because it's just text on a page stating something even the HTC One owners/fans know; their phone won't sell as well as the S4. Not even close.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait until they release their numbers from Q2. There's really no need to post anything before then because it's just text on a page stating something even the HTC One owners/fans know; their phone won't sell as well as the S4. Not even close.

Ok so anecdotal evidence is out. What about Wall Street analysts reports? Does it have to come from Samsung and HTC themselves? what about from the carriers? What about Amazon sales totals?

Eric Kane 1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok so anecdotal evidence is out. What about Wall Street analysts reports? Does it have to come from Samsung and HTC themselves? what about from the carriers? What about Amazon sales totals?

All of the above, I guess. I don't really see the point in it personally, but if it's purely because you take pride in your choice to support Samsung and you're celebrating them doing so well, then by all means.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
All of the above, I guess. I don't really see the point in it personally, but if it's purely because you take pride in your choice to support Samsung and you're celebrating them doing so well, then by all means.

I can only speak for me. I don't support any one company. I post things that are relevant to the forum. It is for others to decide how much stock they wish to put in any particular nugget.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Why u return it??? sorry new to this haha

the main reason I returned it was the battery. I got tired of having to constantly plug in my phone to the charger. The other reasons were that the picture quality was not that good, the camera did not have many features, on full brightness, the darker colors looked grainy, and no all share. Also, the phone felt heavy. I'm used to the featherweightof my s3

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sales numbers. A survey of 20 stores in a small region isn't worth anyone's time. (Seriously, when you're dealing with handsets that sell in the millions, that sample size is so small that the survey being conducted means absolutely nothing. )

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Analysts guess. Granted, their guesses are based in more concrete information, but they're still guess nonetheless.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Of more note than presence in AT&T stores is I feel Walmart which probably sells a few despite the crap non working display units and lack of people who know much about them... ... I have seen several with S4s on display in their lineups and for $169, for several carriers q, less than the original $249, and less than the HTC One... And I did not see any HTC devices at all in these displays.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
For the record I don't think the One is a lesser phone. Just about any new high end phone is as good as another one.

I was just responding to what I read in this thread. I got 2 extra lines so I might get the One and GS4. Part of the reason I got a 3 line family plan was to do real side by side comparisons of different phones to offer an unbiased view as possible. That and I am a tech addict....lol.

Nobody bought HTC's before this year? I seem to remember the original HTC EVO becoming Sprint's best selling mobile device of all time at that point.

Exactly. I actually missed that....and seriously invalidates his post, opinion. The orig EVO was one of the top 5 selling, popular smartphones in 2010, early part of 2011. The other 4 were...Droid X....which also negates ppl buying phones because of updates, support....(the Droid X was taken care of tho as far as updates and support IMO) the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and the HTC Incredible. Thats 2 HTC phones that were very popular in 2010, 2011. HTC was better with updates back then tho. Still....that didnt effect ppl buying it. Before those 2 phones HTC was more known for the HD2 and the G1. Probably the Nexus One too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Also, what you're posting is considered trolling.

Consider it trolling if you will it's genuinely not what I was aiming for, I was actually inspired to post as I initially read your comments in the "They Still Haven't Fixed The (Ridiculously) Dim Display..." thread and when I came into yet another thread and seen you bashing on Samsung it was tiresome it's like you have a point to prove against them.

I have never 'portrayed that I can't stand' the S4.

Are you sure?

AMOLED has always been broken.

Poor white balance, totally incorrect color calibration/saturation, poor brightness, suspect clarity thanks to inferior implementation (pentile), high power consumption, and ghosting/burn in issues with nearly every new handset they introduce.

Tell me how it ISN'T broken.

You have all of them. You just choose to ignore them. They are all 'features' of the technology.

Of course LCD is not perfect. They just have fewer cons than AMOLED does. The new LCD (like the superlcd 3 I'm typing this on) technology is better than AMOLED in every way. The only thing AMOLED has now is the black levels.

-Only poorly made LCDs do that. OLED screens can have similarly distracting defects.
-OLED screen assemblies are no longer the thinnest. IPS and superlcd screens have surpassed OLED in that regard.
-OLED is not more efficient. Not in the slightest. Especially when your OS has very little black in it. (OLED is only more efficient in black-heavy situations)
-Again, newer LCDs have matched OLED.
-A larger color gamut is irrelevant if the display is blue or green tinged with colors that do not exist in nature.
-The technology itself is flawed. Samsung's implementation only exaggerates those flaws.

Compare it to other handsets. The S3 is quite dim. Still not as bad as the galaxy nexus, which was one of the worst displays I've ever seen.

Wow you certainly have justified your purchase of an S4 considering you clearly cannot stand the AMOLED screens, the main part of the phone. You do realise that every time you use the device you will have to look at it right?

So you have the HTC ONE, are you not happy with it that you need to buy the Galaxy S4? Thus adding to Samsung sales figures?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are we ever going to move past the bickering and just help each other solve problems and answer questions?

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Consider it trolling if you will it's genuinely not what I was aiming for, I was actually inspired to post as I initially read your comments in the "They Still Haven't Fixed The (Ridiculously) Dim Display..." thread and when I came into yet another thread and seen you bashing on Samsung it was tiresome it's like you have a point to prove against them.

Are you sure?

Wow you certainly have justified your purchase of an S4 considering you clearly cannot stand the AMOLED screens, the main part of the phone. You do realise that every time you use the device you will have to look at it right?

So you have the HTC ONE, are you not happy with it that you need to buy the Galaxy S4? Thus adding to Samsung sales figures?

Talking about AMOLED and the S4 in total are two very different things. As we know now, also, the S4s AMOLED is significantly brighter.

Doesn't matter though. You're still a troll doing what trolls do best.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Talking about AMOLED and the S4 in total are two very different things. As we know now, also, the S4s AMOLED is significantly brighter.

I don't even know what a troll is.. I've seen lord of the Rings. What's the definition?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I don't even know what a troll is.. I've seen lord of the Rings. What's the definition?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Come on guys. Do we need to do this in this thread?

Please keep it civil and NOT personal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair