I'm having issues where my lock screen is frozen and I can't unlock the phone. It's very very frustrating. I'm using the default S4 lock screen with my app shortcuts at the bottom. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?
    05-05-2013 12:16 PM
    Yes I had this exact issue and was surprised I thought I was the only one. It was way frustrating and it happened the first day that I got the phone. Luckily I was within my 14 days of purchase so I went to at&t today and showed them the problem. (of course I had to wait till it happend again so they would believe me) they exchanged the phone out right there for a new one. I asked them and they said they haven't heard of any one else with the problem. Hopefully you can return yours still, it seems like we just a couple of the "bad bunch". Good luck!
    05-06-2013 06:36 AM
    Thanks for the advice. Ironically the problem seemed to go away with a 3rd party lock screen but I'm gonna take your advice and recreate the problem to exchange my phone. Thanks!
    05-06-2013 09:05 AM
    Any update if you went into the store yet? Just wondering how they handled it...
    Although you fixed it with the 3rd party app , something I noticed with the new phone is that it's way smoother and faster than the one with the lock screen problem that I had. So I'm guessing that problem affected more of the phone than I noticed. The new one is flawless. Just wanted to bring that to your attention.
    05-07-2013 07:18 AM
    I experienced something similar over the weekend. Rebooting the phone did not resolve it. I had to remove the sim card and put it back in. Doing that corrected the issue.

Sheesh, not a good first day experience I must say.
    05-07-2013 08:34 AM
    Yep it also happens to me the first day which was very shocking as well. From what I noticed it happend again a couple days later and then would work fine for another day or two. Hopefully for you it was only this one time but if it happens again I think ur in my shoes and return it and get a new phone. This new one is perfect. Who doesn't like a brand new phone for free if u can haha. Good luck!

Posted from my Galaxy S4
    05-07-2013 07:39 PM
    Wow I thought this problem was over with the new phone I got a couple days ago. The screen randomly freezing on the lock screen without letting me swipe to getting back in. Do you guys think maybe Nova launcher is not optimized for 4.2 yet? That's the only reason that I can think that would be causing this issue. In terms of apps that modify the launcher all I have is Nova, no lock screen app or anything else ie: Custom theme. If you ready my previous posts I used Nova on the original S4 with the same problem so that's what I'm narrowing it down to. What's your guy's opinion? Maybe it needs to be updated for the S4?

Posted from my Galaxy S4
    05-09-2013 02:30 AM
    Here's something you can try if this happens again guys... The screens on the S4 are VERY sensitive, and if something mildly conductive gets on the screen, it may register it as a 'touch' spot. Wanna try it? Get a droplet of water onto your screen and then try to unlock it. You can't (especially if the droplet is near the edges of the screen). But turn the screen off, wipe it clean, and try again and it should work if it was that. If it persists, then yeah, don't wait around and better exchange it for a new unit.
    05-09-2013 03:06 AM