06-15-2014 03:19 PM
34 12
tools
    You are wrong! At least several people have stated the S4 never gets hot..... It has found a way in spite of the same fabrication process of the S3, to be faster and push over twice the pixels and runs cooler than the S3. The two hotter running S4 units I tested were my imagination and ditto for yours.

On a more serious side, the S3, DNA, iPhone 4, 5, Razr HD, etc and yes, even the coveted S4 gets hot. The Qualcomm 800 and similar lower fab chips should usher in less heat, but they will STILL run hot. The reason is the new chips run even faster, so nulls the better fabrication process. LTE though should see a slight improvement.... Unless using the new super fast LTE.
    06-21-2013 10:35 PM
    I'm new to android after having BlackBerry for years. Loving my S4 i9505. It is the best phone I've used so far. Phone does overheat while playing games for long periods. Phone is beautiful and I'm very happy with it.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-21-2013 10:45 PM
    My phone does get warm but every phones get warm. But if you are referring force shutting down by overheating, then no. Mine doesn't. AT&T 1337 model made in korea.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-21-2013 11:14 PM
    My phone gets hot as well near the camera in the back and also the screen gets hot.
    so my question is are your phones also getting hot in the front (screen)?
    07-10-2013 07:13 PM
    I got a Galaxy S4 about two weeks ago, and it never overheated until yesterday, when I launched Skype. I let Skype remain in the background, and I noticed the battery was draining quickly, so I recharged it but it became very hot - not just around the camera area, but all over the device. I unplugged it, and it stayed hot and the battery went down extremely quickly. So I turned the device off for a few hours, let it cool off, and restarted it... no heat. I recharged and it did not become hot again. It's now fully charged and cool to the touch, without Skype running. I'm uninstalling Skype, as that seems to be the only thing that made my phone hot.
    07-23-2013 01:36 PM
    I bought S4 AT&T US last week.
    When using Camera or GPS and Navigation system phone heats up to the point that it's uncomfortable to hold it.
    I called AT&T Support and they told me that this might be a problem with battery (not the phone/CPU itself).

Anybody was successful with fixing heating problem by replacing battery?
    I called ATT this morning and they will send me a new battery. They dont replace phone. Lets see if it works. Mine is extremely hot when on call. In 3 minutes you cant even put the phone in your ear.
    07-24-2013 04:34 PM
    Just an update on overheating... I removed Skype from my phone and it's been working fine with no overheating for the last 2 months.
    09-23-2013 03:46 PM
    SAME HERE WITH THE EAR THING!!! And this is in 2014!!! I just received a free S4 update from switching from Alltell to AT&T.. The phone gets up to 60C just in calls and litterally burns my cheek..... WHY TF HASNT THIS PROBLEM BEEN FIXED YET!!!!! AND WHY DO 85% OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM OFFER NO GOD DAMN SOLUTION!? HALF OF EM SAY "OH YEA THATS NOT NORMAL" NO SH*T ITS NOT NORMAL!!!!!!! ANY SOLUTIONS!?!?!?!?!??!!
    06-15-2014 12:06 AM
    SAME HERE WITH THE EAR THING!!! And this is in 2014!!! I just received a free S4 update from switching from Alltell to AT&T.. The phone gets up to 60C just in calls and litterally burns my cheek..... WHY TF HASNT THIS PROBLEM BEEN FIXED YET!!!!! AND WHY DO 85% OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM OFFER NO GOD DAMN SOLUTION!? HALF OF EM SAY "OH YEA THATS NOT NORMAL" NO SH*T ITS NOT NORMAL!!!!!!! ANY SOLUTIONS!?!?!?!?!??!!
    What do you expect forum members to do exactly? Saying it isn't normal for your phone to get that hot is pretty much saying you need to either find out if there is an app taxing the processor causing it to overheat or take it in to your carrier and tell them to give you one that does not overheat like that. If you want a solution to the phone burning your face, I have one for you. BUY A HANDS FREE DEVICE.
    06-15-2014 03:19 PM
34 12