10-31-2013 09:41 PM
56 123
    I had the same problem, but was not sharing an acct with another device. My other problem was that I had already sold my iPhone before finding out that iMessage was the culprit. Luckily, my wife still has an iPhone.

I spent 2 hours Saturday morning making a backup of her phone and resetting it to original. I then put my S4 SIM card in it and loaded the latest backup from my old iPhone, went in and turned iMessage off. Then had to restore it and load her backup in to get her back going.

Different approach that OP, same end result. Between the two of us, hopefully it will help others out.
    I recently switched from iphone to S4 and had the same problem! I did not receive group messages when the other users in the group were using iphones. I did not receive these messages whatsoever - and I understand why it makes sense that individual messages sent to me convert to text, but when in a group using imessage it can't convert for my droid. What i'm not understanding is where are these messages going? I had to return the droid because i was not receiving messages. Did putting the sim card back in the iphone nad turning off imessage really work? Where were you able to do that/was it settings specifically for the CIM card?

I truly loved the droid but missed an emergency message from a friend in the hospital and had to draw the line, the messages never came through! Any advice would helpful because i want to go back to the droid. Thank you!
    07-30-2013 01:38 PM
    How long did it take to finally start working?
    09-10-2013 11:58 AM
    So apparently it just took a little time because now I am able to group text with iphone users with no problem. Here is what I did: 1. disabled imessage on my iphone (i kept it to use for music at the gym) 2. changed my password on my itunes via the computer. And that's it. I had previously downloaded Handcent and Go SMS but that didn't solve the problem until I did the above 2 steps. Now I can group text with the stock messaging as well. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!!!
    How much time did it take for it to start working?
    09-10-2013 12:00 PM
    Same issue here, and sounds like very similar background info. when you're not getting responses from a group message, are any of the recipients members of your family who have their iphone related to your account? The reason i ask this is because i can get messages from other iPhone users in a group, but not when one of the group is my wife or my kids. In that scenario, I don't get any responses, but tehy all see each other's responses. When none of the group is part of my family (all iphone users), I can get their iPhone responses.
    09-12-2013 11:47 AM
    ME TOO!!
    10-31-2013 08:08 PM
    too bad I have verizon and having this issue...ironically mainly with other verizon users...
    10-31-2013 09:41 PM
56 123