I have the Note2 , amazing device but I saw the S4 today and it seemed to me that whites were better on the S4? but I've also read that people aren't crazy about the S4screen?
    Is the S4 that much better? or not ...
    05-05-2013 08:20 PM
    You would be well served to simply go to a store and check it out yourself! Compare it to your Note 2 and make up you own mind!
    Take what you read on these forums with a grain of salt, any post to the extreme good or bad may be a bit shaded at the least and down right fabrication at worst!
    Pick the device that works best for you and make your own decision!

Cheers
    SERBDVB and MikeDubC like this.
    05-05-2013 09:13 PM
    I very much doubt battery life is better on the s4. The note 2 has a huge battery. As for features, that's a personal decision you have to make on your own. The biggest improvement for me would be the ir blaster. Go to store and check it out n play w the features. Try out the one too.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 09:45 PM
    Dropped my Note 2 for the S4 and haven't missed it since. I didn't hate my note either, just not my cup of tea. Deciding factor was actually using both side by side, so take the above posters advice and go play with one.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    05-05-2013 10:10 PM
    I still have my Note 2 and just got my S4 this weekend... I will surely miss the screen of the Note (you'd think 0.5" difference wouldn't be that bad, but it IS) but the resolution and vivid colors of the S4 completely make up for that. I'm also loving the features of the S4 but Samsung took away a few minor things my Note 2 had, for instance, being able to turn off Mobile Data from the Power menu or just burying everything under tabs and settings subsections. Oh, also, you can customize the order of the notification bar toggles but you can no longer 'undock' any of them; they're always there in a row, you just decide which ones you want to be at the very end, but you can't remove them like you could on the Note 2.
    05-06-2013 12:09 AM
    No way in hell am I giving up my note 2.
    I may get a s4, but not over my note 2.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    lpt2569 likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:18 AM
    I still have my Note 2 and just got my S4 this weekend... I will surely miss the screen of the Note (you'd think 0.5" difference wouldn't be that bad, but it IS) but the resolution and vivid colors of the S4 completely make up for that. I'm also loving the features of the S4 but Samsung took away a few minor things my Note 2 had, for instance, being able to turn off Mobile Data from the Power menu or just burying everything under tabs and settings subsections. Oh, also, you can customize the order of the notification bar toggles but you can no longer 'undock' any of them; they're always there in a row, you just decide which ones you want to be at the very end, but you can't remove them like you could on the Note 2.
    I'm hearing a mixed bag on lack of screen brightness on the S4 . what do you think?

I think the Note 2 is a unique device maybe that shouldn't be compared to anything else.
    05-06-2013 12:36 AM
    I have the Note2 , amazing device but I saw the S4 today and it seemed to me that whites were better on the S4? but I've also read that people aren't crazy about the S4screen?
    Is the S4 that much better? or not ...
    The S4's screen is significantly sharper than the Note's. That said: I was going to replace my Note II with the S4 but now that I have both at home, I just can't bring myself to selling the Note. Not because the S4 isn't great - but it's not in the same device category. I like reading on the Note a lot better than on the S4, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

I very much doubt battery life is better on the s4.
    It isn't - but it's actually pretty darn good on the S4
    05-06-2013 03:25 AM
    I'm hearing a mixed bag on lack of screen brightness on the S4 . what do you think?

I think the Note 2 is a unique device maybe that shouldn't be compared to anything else.
    Those guys complaining about the brightness just don't know how to adjust a setting... Brightness is EXCELLENT, but this time around you can actually set your maximum brightness level in AutoMode; those complaining about it just haven't cranked it up to the max.
    05-06-2013 10:19 AM
    I went from a Note 2 to the S4. I LOVE my Note 2 so I've been very cautious about the move. However, after a week of S4 use, I gave the Note 2 to my brother in law last night to ebay it. I'll miss it for sure.

The biggest reasons for me making the switch were:
    - The build of the phone. The screen on the S4 is a little bit smaller but the phone is much smaller and really really light. I can comfortably put this phone in my pocket and still get a great sized screen.
    - The camera. My wife's iPhone camera was better than the Note 2 camera, but the S4 camera is the best camera on any phone - it's amazing.
    - Texting. Group texting now works (finally) on the S4. Also when I click on a picture that was texted to me, it fills the screen instead of that stupid thing it did on the Note 2. This may sound nitpicky but it makes a huge difference to me.

To answer specific questions:
    - I don't notice any difference between screen brightness on the phones.
    - Battery life was definitely better on the Note 2 - that's the biggest thing I'll miss.
    - IR Blaster has come in handy for changing channels, but I can't adjust volume since that's through my receiver. Maybe a 3rd party app will come out and allow users to set up receivers using the IR blaster.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
    05-06-2013 01:20 PM

It isn't - but it's actually pretty darn good on the S4
    Glad to hear. I have personally been extremely pleased with the One's battery coming from the Note 2. I would imagine it is similar to s4 since the clock speed of the s4 burns a little faster but they also put a bigger battery. Good luck and enjoy OP!
    05-06-2013 02:49 PM
    Glad to hear. I have personally been extremely pleased with the One's battery coming from the Note 2. I would imagine it is similar to s4 since the clock speed of the s4 burns a little faster but they also put a bigger battery. Good luck and enjoy OP!
    Having used both, the S4 definitely has better battery life, but it's not anything so significant that would stop someone from purchasing a One for that reason.
    05-06-2013 03:39 PM
    Having used both, the S4 definitely has better battery life, but it's not anything so significant that would stop someone from purchasing a One for that reason.
    Yea I would imagine it is very close. These days everyone has chargers everywhere. I can get a full day with medium use, that's all I need.
    05-06-2013 03:40 PM