Stock Calendar app

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I got my phone since last Friday...love it!

I started to use the calendar. I have a Gmail and Hotmail accounts. So when I create an event, it asks me if it should be Samsung account, Gmail account or Hotmail account.

I am wondering which one should I use? Any benifits to use Samsung account? I don't really check my calendar on PC...

Also..
My wife have also another Galaxy.... is there a way to "share" some events, so it appears in the calendar of the other ? How to do that ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Me personally I'd stick with the Gmail since that is the universal " sync " of all Android devices/accounts.

As for sharing events this can be done via sharing in Gmail from the device or on desktop.. You can either share your entire Calendar with your wife's Gmail account or go into the events you want to share, edit them to add sharing w/ your wife which will send her a notification to accept & add to her calendar.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Heya, I can't speak for hotmail or samsung accts, but you can "add a friends calendar" using Gmail.

well I took a screen shot for you so you can see what it looked like but I can't figure out how to get a picture on here.
If I click add image it won't accept anything but a URL. I don't have a URL I have it saved on my desktop.
Can't drag and drop the picture either. so I'm clueless how to show you. but goto gmail.com, click on calendar and it should be on the left ....

tarball

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Upload the pic to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and copy the IMG link they will give you.
Heya, I can't speak for hotmail or samsung accts, but you can "add a friends calendar" using Gmail.

well I took a screen shot for you so you can see what it looked like but I can't figure out how to get a picture on here.
If I click add image it won't accept anything but a URL. I don't have a URL I have it saved on my desktop.
Can't drag and drop the picture either. so I'm clueless how to show you. but goto gmail.com, click on calendar and it should be on the left ....