What is your screen brightness settings ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All my phone I've always ran manual setting around 20-25%. Only time I ever crank it up is outside in bright daylight..

I never use auto because that is constantly changing the brightness, in turn eating battery.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
From the Google search I was told use Auto Brightness to improve battery? When my family & friends complain about battery life, I also ask them if Auto Brightness is on and tell them to use it.

It's set on 0 and Auto Brightness.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from my EVO LTE, I always used Auto. It worked very well in any condition, giving just the right amount of brightness (save for being a bit too bright in complete darkness). Battery life was great with it too. It was great to leave it and forget it.

So I tend to gravitate towards auto. However, I've noticed that Auto on the S4 is just a little too dim and not quite aggressive enough. So I'll have to decide on a setting in the future. On the bright side (see what i did thar?), at least it's much easier to toggle brightness with the quick-settings.

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, how are you able to set it @Auto +2? I do not see any additional settings within the screen settings to make adjustments to the auto feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

When the auto setting is enabled you should still be able to use the brightness slider. Slide it to the right to increase by +1 +2 etc

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
When the auto setting is enabled you should still be able to use the brightness slider. Slide it to the right to increase by +1 +2 etc

I don't see it. When I have it on auto and then I touch the slider, the auto disables.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't see it. When I have it on auto and then I touch the slider, the auto disables.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk

That is very strange. On my GS4 I just press auto and then use the slider to adjust how bright the auto setting goes up to. Never heard of your issue. Maybe someone else has an answer to it

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the issue is carrier related? I'm using the ATT S4 and I am experiencing the same issue as others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
That's quite possible. I'm a UK user on o2. Is there anyone else on other us networks with the auto setting issue. If not it may be carrier specific.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That's quite possible. I'm a UK user on o2. Is there anyone else on other us networks with the auto setting issue. If not it may be carrier specific.

This would be very helpful if true. Are you sure you aren't just toggling it back to manual at that point? How do you know it's still on Auto? Can you describe in detail what you see?

It didn't work that way on the sprint version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21