Photo Recovery - Mass Storage Device Issue

Georgina Goodey

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I deleted a couple of photos from my camera folder earlier today and have looked up and tried every possible way of recovering them.

The issue seems to be that I cannot convert the S4 to a mass storage device so when trying to recover these photos the phone isn't showing as a drive on the computer i.e. C:/F:/G: etc

Does anyone know how to change the phone to this as then I should be able to recover the photos using either Stellar Phoenix Photo Recoverr, Wpndershare Dr.Fone for Andriod or Recuva.

Please help. It's driving me potty!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, unless you're rooted, you can't activate the Mass Storage mode in your phone, sorry (Google removed this option from Android 4 up). I know I read somewhere about an app for your phone that could recover deleted files from SD Card, though...

Did you save the photos to SD card? If so, you could try getting the card on a reader in your computer; that way it'll show up as a local drive.

And I'd use the "auto upload" on your DropBox account (you do get 50GB with your phone for free, after all...); it's driving me nuts that when I delete a picture from my gallery, it's still there in my DropBox folder (but I can see how useful that would be for accidental deletes).

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
OK, unless you're rooted, you can't activate the Mass Storage mode in your phone, sorry (Google removed this option from Android 4 up). I know I read somewhere about an app for your phone that could recover deleted files from SD Card, though...

Did you save the photos to SD card? If so, you could try getting the card on a reader in your computer; that way it'll show up as a local drive.

And I'd use the "auto upload" on your DropBox account (you do get 50GB with your phone for free, after all...); it's driving me nuts that when I delete a picture from my gallery, it's still there in my DropBox folder (but I can see how useful that would be for accidental deletes).

How to get 50GB free?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just install the DropBox app... At least that's what I did; as soon as I installed it it notified me that because I was a Samsung costumer, I got two years of 50GB (I do hope they extend the time, though hehe)

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Just install the DropBox app... At least that's what I did; as soon as I installed it it notified me that because I was a Samsung costumer, I got two years of 50GB (I do hope they extend the time, though hehe)

But what if I already have Dropbox account? Or that's just for new users. I have only 6GB

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... it should be for new Galaxy S4 activations, not new users...
UPDATE: From what I've been reading, apparently you only get the 50Gigs if your phone comes preloaded with Dropbox, and it seems US phones, for some reason, 'lost' the Dropbox promo :(

I'd try to create a new account though, test it out...

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Mmm... it should be for new Galaxy S4 activations, not new users...
UPDATE: From what I've been reading, apparently you only get the 50Gigs if your phone comes preloaded with Dropbox, and it seems US phones, for some reason, 'lost' the Dropbox promo :(

I'd try to create a new account though, test it out...

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac