Have youbeen having battery issues?

Jweb92

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a bunch of stuff about people having battery issues like going to bed with full battery and waking up with 20%?
I took my phone off the charger at 9:30 last night it's 10:26 now and I've played a few games of castle tower Defense, ran pandora on the 20 minute drive and back to drop my brother off at school and I've lost about 45 percent now so I'd say that's pretty good I use juice defender and make sure all my programs are off but it can't make that much of a difference. I don't know how people are having problems maybe I'm just lucky?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading a bunch of stuff about people having battery issues like going to bed with full battery and waking up with 20%?
I took my phone off the charger at 9:30 last night it's 10:26 now and I've played a few games of castle tower Defense, ran pandora on the 20 minute drive and back to drop my brother off at school and I've lost about 45 percent now so I'd say that's pretty good I use juice defender and make sure all my programs are off but it can't make that much of a difference. I don't know how people are having problems maybe I'm just lucky?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

I had 100% charge on my s4 on friday morning at 7am. By noon with light usage and majority of the features(gps wifi bluetoth air gestures) turned off, my battery was down to a dismal 42% by noon. By the time it was 5pm, it was down to 10%. I was hardly using the fone since I was at work. My battery usage details showed that the screen was taking up 81% of my battery . I went back to at&t on saturday and they gave me a new handset. I have been on this handset for 1.5 hrs now and the battery has gone down to 82%. This is so so disapointing seeing the sort of battery life other people on this forum are getting. I dont know whats wrong with 2 brand new handsets. Also last night my screen usage randomly went down to 48% which is the lowest I have seen it go so far. I have not even started using this phone to its full capacity and this is the state of my battery life

Update: After 8 hours of usage, my phone is pretty much about to die. 17%. Also, the applications that are shown in this picture are NOT running in the background. I closed them, but the battery usage refresh is not picking that up for some reason.

This is my second handset from the same store...I'm starting to think that store is sitting on a batch of crap handsets.

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Me too...I dont know whats going on with 2 new handsets....this is crazy..could you post screenshots of your battery screen? My phone was charging last night and when i saw my battery usage when i woke up, the screen was 80% of usage. How is that possible when the screen was off for 8 hours.....

so frustrated....

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How's your network coverage? Remember that LTE drains your battery more than 3G/HSPA+, especially if your LTE signal is low. If you wanna test this out, change your phone's setting to only connect to 3G network, not 4G and see if that makes a difference.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's my most recent screen shot. I use my phone to listen to podcasts to and from work. Which is only a 15 minute drive. For about 10 hours I had it in airplane mode as we are not allowed to have phones in my work that put out signals. But I turned on the pedometer and had that going for 10 hours with the phone in my pocket. Played some games off and on. Checked email and news. At night I didn't charge it just to see what would happen.

I'm in Oregon

Screenshot_2013-05-05-08-10-16.png

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ! How do i do that? Sorry am an android noob :)

Hold down home button and power button at the same time. You'll hear a click and it will save your screen shot. I then email it to myself and on my desktop I move the photo to photobucket to share.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I also am having great battery with mine. I cannot complain.

So much better than my iPhone 4S.

I browse a lot on social media _instagram,Twitter, fb etc) play games like candy crush, plants vs zombies lol. And browse web, take lots of pics, listen to music.

I'm quite happy with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367858319187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367858319187.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367858329319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367858329319.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 19

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I also am having great battery with mine. I cannot complain.

So much better than my iPhone 4S.

I browse a lot on social media _instagram,Twitter, fb etc) play games like candy crush, plants vs zombies lol. And browse web, take lots of pics, listen to music.

I'm quite happy with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

What carrier, what state and hows the LTE coverage? Im big on social media and can hardly do anything on my phone because it dies in 8 hours(!)

- - - Updated - - -

How's your network coverage? Remember that LTE drains your battery more than 3G/HSPA+, especially if your LTE signal is low. If you wanna test this out, change your phone's setting to only connect to 3G network, not 4G and see if that makes a difference.

How do I change the settings to 3G?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-06-12-47-28[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-06-12-47-28[1].jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2013-05-06-12-47-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-06-12-47-37.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
The biggest problem is the screen: even on ultra low light it drains the battery like mad.

The battery lasts forever when the screen is not on.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
From the pictures, yeah...your signal is crappy...

To change to 3G-only, go to Settings, More Netwoks, Mobile Networks, Network Mode... There you can change to GSM/WCDMA instead of LTE/GSM/WCDMA.

Ruchi td

May 5, 2013
Visit site
From the pictures, yeah...your signal is crappy...

To change to 3G-only, go to Settings, More Netwoks, Mobile Networks, Network Mode... There you can change to GSM/WCDMA instead of LTE/GSM/WCDMA.

The only options i have under mobile networks are:
Mobile Data
Data Roaming
Access point names
Network operators

There is nothing like Network mode....ugh sucks!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird...which model do you have? Mine's i337 but with Telcel (Mexico) ROM, not AT&T's... I've seen the option in an international i9500 version, too... Maybe your carrier decided it wasn't good for you to tinker with that and disabled the option :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What carrier, what state and hows the LTE coverage? Im big on social media and can hardly do anything on my phone because it dies in 8 hours(!)

- - - Updated - - -

How do I change the settings to 3G?

For you have a good amount of screen time your battery isn't to bad.. The weak data hurts sure. However you can't compare yours to the "fitmom" user because her phone was on wifi.. 24/7 for those battery stats so that explains why hers was so extended.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

BillyMichael92

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with it. To begin with the battery life wasn't as good as expected but after using a battery Monitor and seeing which apps were using the battery I rectified the problem.

I think people are expecting the battery to last an unrealistic amount of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2