Afternoon all, John here, and new to the forums, and the Android OS in general. Took the plunge and got rid of my IPhone 4 and my IPad for a S4 and a Note 10.1 tablet, and I love both of them. Still exploring, customizing and finding everything I want and more.

My question revolves around music, but is not an ordinary one, and not sure if you guys can help me. I am a dedicated Spotify user, love it, and have long since stopped using itunes even when I had the IOS devices. The one problem I have had after converting, is my car, a 2013 Chrysler 200, with the top end radio. Now I can connect no problem with blue tooth to the radio, but the Iphone connected also via the USB, which my S4 will not. Dug a little deeper, and most radio made are just "Iphone ready" and not Android. Connecting via Blue Tooth will suffice, but it doesn't bring up all the song info, album art, or enable to the skip/forward/rewind track features on the radio it self.

Are there Android ready in dash radios out there? That's my question.
    05-06-2013 11:16 AM
    Afternoon all, John here, and new to the forums, and the Android OS in general. Took the plunge and got rid of my IPhone 4 and my IPad for a S4 and a Note 10.1 tablet, and I love both of them. Still exploring, customizing and finding everything I want and more.

My question revolves around music, but is not an ordinary one, and not sure if you guys can help me. I am a dedicated Spotify user, love it, and have long since stopped using itunes even when I had the IOS devices. The one problem I have had after converting, is my car, a 2013 Chrysler 200, with the top end radio. Now I can connect no problem with blue tooth to the radio, but the Iphone connected also via the USB, which my S4 will not. Dug a little deeper, and most radio made are just "Iphone ready" and not Android. Connecting via Blue Tooth will suffice, but it doesn't bring up all the song info, album art, or enable to the skip/forward/rewind track features on the radio it self.

Are there Android ready in dash radios out there? That's my question.
    I think the issue runs a little deeper. To the best of my knowledge, Android itself doesn't support music out via the USB port - so I don't think you'll see a "Android ready" radio in that sense.

FWIW, I play music from my HTC Thunderbolt via BT, and I see song info and album art on my Toyota Prius' headunit. So it's possible to do what you want via Bluetooth, it just looks like the headunit on your Chrysler isn't supporting it. Bummer.
    05-06-2013 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    05-06-2013 11:53 AM
    I may be talking stupid here, but can you connect through an Aux cable?
    05-06-2013 12:08 PM