Why so much hate?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems that most talk on the s4 on here is all negative. All I hear is how it's so laggy, screen sucks, feels horrible in the hand, people returning the device, lack of memory, and battery sucks..... What the heck gives?

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I like it (hopefully 32gb on Sprint soon!). But seriously who cares? It's the same way anytime any new phone comes out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
People love to hate the company that's doing the best. Samsung is making a ton of money, they have the largest market share of any Android manufacturer by a large margin, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon.

As for performance issues, those will most likely get fixed with updates. The screen is mostly a preference, and feel in your hand and build materials/quality are definitely subjective.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It seems that most talk on the s4 on here is all negative. All I hear is how it's so laggy, screen sucks, feels horrible in the hand, people returning the device, lack of memory, and battery sucks..... What the heck gives?

Let me fix that for you........ :)
Now that the 32gb model is out this Friday!

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Seems to be the fate of every underdog that manages to get to the top and stay there.

My phone is a good One!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope I can put this in a way you all will understand and not upset anyone. That's certainly not my intention at all.

Last year I didn't get the S3 until it was out for several months. I really liked it and it became one of my favorite phones. I've read that it also had lag/stutter issues when it first came out. I didn't experience any of that since I got it later after the updates. I like the S4, but my main issue is the hype around it. I wasn't expecting it to have any lag/stutter issues like I've had.

I understand that it will get updates, but for all the hype & advertising that Samsung puts into this phone I expected more. If they're going to make fun of the Iphone and their users through commercials, I expect more. I guess this is something that's been building up with me reading these forums for the past few years. I'm a big Nexus fan, borderline fanboy I admit. When the Galaxy Nexus came out I remember a lot of people saying how the S2 was so much better. It may have been spec-wise but for me it's about the experience.

I like the Galaxy line of phones but after having several other phones, I don't view them that much better than the rest. It seems like the hype builds it up more than it is. Don't get me wrong, I really like the S4. I've been using it everyday trying to get familiar with it for my review but, also because I do like the phone. I still lean toward the HTC one but if the S4 gets those updates I've been hearing about it will be a much harder decision to choose between the two.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone has an opinion and either a love or hate for a certain device/carrier & OEM.

Thats the great thing about forums is being able to discuss this respectfully and openly within the forums.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Everyone has their own opinions, and usually tend to post just when something negative comes up... If you enjoy the phone that is all that matters.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone has their own opinions, and usually tend to post just when something negative comes up... If you enjoy the phone that is all that matters.

That is the truth... Its not very often we get threads like " This is the best! " or " HTC One is truly amazing! " ... Its always the negative side....

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
That is the truth... Its not very often we get threads like " This is the best! " or " HTC One is truly amazing! " ... Its always the negative side....

Yea, usually people want a quick fix or they are a fanboy wanting to just bad mouth the other phone.

Edit: I personally get flamed hard in this s4 forum even though I agree its a great device :/

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Not counting on Samsung to fix the lag issues, they didn't with the S3 or N2...

Lets just hope the CyanogenMod ROM will fix everything.

:)

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy line has become the iPhone of Android. People will complain about the smallest little thing, but that's par for the course when you're the 800 lb gorilla. No Android phone will gain mass market appeal without alienating some people, so my advice is just to enjoy the phone and embrace the hate.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thats the bottom line... My GNex even with all the hate it received does what I need for now so I'm happy. Sure I'd like to have one of the new phones but I choose to pass until I find something I really like that will make me leave my GNex, Nexus 5 anyone? LOL

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

People just like to hate... it's the same thing when anything new comes out. Give it a couple weeks and the haters will go away... and then the forum will be focused on more legitimate threads. The sad part is... many of these haters haven't even used the phone.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
People just like to hate... it's the same thing when anything new comes out. Give it a couple weeks and the haters will go away... and then the forum will be focused on more legitimate threads. The sad part is... many of these haters haven't even used the phone.

This. The "I played with it a Sprint store for 15 minutes" experts.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
This is nothing new, nor is it new to Samsung phones. Every big phone launch there is the same thing. After a few months the level of chatter and those that speak out over-critically drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki