HDTV Adapter

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

New to the forum and new to Android - have moved over from using an iPhone 4. So far enjoying it, although I have a lot to learn! Anyway - to my first question:

I want to buy the HDTV adapter. I understand that it doesn't need an external power source to work, as it draws its power from the TV; however, will it charge my phone at the same time? I wanted to use it as a replacement for my laptop when viewing Netflix, but I'm worried that the battery will not last long enough whilst watching.

If it will not charge my phone at the same time, is there some kind of device that I can get that will turn my single micro USB port into two micro USB ports, so that I can have my HDTV adapter and charger plugged in at the same time?

Thanks.

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah - I don't think this latest one for the s4 needs an external power source as it gets its power from the TV. I wonder whether it will charge the phone too.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It gets the power from the tv? If your tv has a usb port that will charge it, that adapter will work...although I havent heard of ppl getting power from a tv.

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh... maybe it doesn't. I definitely read somewhere that it did, but below is the description from handtec - based on this, it should charge the phone at the same time, right?:

Simple and easy to use
Simple and intuitive, the Samsung Galaxy S4 MHL HDTV Adapter is easy to set up and connect to your Galaxy S4. Simply connect the adapter to your smartphone via the Micro USB and use a regular HDMI cable to connect the adapter to your HDTV. Finally, to ensure that the connection can be established the adapter need to be powered using a mains Micro USB charger.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance