So, this morning the phone was fully charged.... put it in my pocket... go to work. Around noon, I unlock the screen to check my email... and notice that my battery was around 60% already! Even if I did not used at all. I noticed that Google Maps process took 23% of the ressources..... weird, knowing I never launched it.

My assumption is Google Maps is used by another apps.

I suspect either Google Now (might try to turn that off tomorrow to compare) or the weather widget that is trying to fetch location.

Anyway, that pretty boring...

Anybody had the same issue?

05-06-2013 03:57 PM
    My EVO 3D had the same problem, so I disabled location in the settings of the maps app.

My new S4 is waiting for me when I get home from work.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 04:00 PM
    I'm lucky if I have 60% at noon. I dont understand why battery life has been so bad for me. Really frustrating coming from my iphone 5, which could easily last a day with no thought of running low.
    05-06-2013 04:03 PM
    Don't have it yet (Verizon) but android phones do a lot of updating and need to "settle in" give it a few days before freaking out and shutting down things the phone is updating. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 07:49 PM
    Don't have it yet (Verizon) but android phones do a lot of updating and need to "settle in" give it a few days before freaking out and shutting down things the phone is updating. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I've had the phone for 10 days. Seems it should be settled by now? Or do you mean longer?
    05-06-2013 08:00 PM
    I'm lucky if I have 60% at noon. I dont understand why battery life has been so bad for me. Really frustrating coming from my iphone 5, which could easily last a day with no thought of running low.
    I'm with this guy, I have started to carry an extra battery with me. The problem is further compounded by the fact that I really like tight fitting slim cases that seem to be a real pain in the rear to get off of this phone, making changing the battery a pain.

Can't win

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 09:22 PM
    Remember that neat little feature on newer Android phones? Yeah, Google Now... Well, THAT USES LOCATION TO WORK ITS MAGIC. Wanna guess where that comes from? The Maps app.

If Google Now is crap for you as it is for me (in my country you only get route times and weather info...which I already have on my widgets and traffic conditions are really not that accurate), you're better off disabling it entirely. Also, make sure your Google Maps/Latitude setting is not enabling auto-update of your location as this constantly polls and sends your location data to Google's servers (just make sure you really don't need the history before you disable it).
    05-06-2013 11:28 PM