Anyone noticed this as well?

Basically I had an old HTC phone and the auto-predict works great and fast. For S4, I can type pretty fast but the prediction or word combination isn't fast enough to keep up!

I type for example "photographic is cool". But when I reach "is" the work "photographic" isn't completed yet and it gave me "pho" or "p". I'm not like a robot fast but a fast typer. Why can't the S4 keep up? Other phones can keep up.

My first Samsung here - so just wondering is it something that is unique to Samsung or just the S4?
    05-06-2013 10:56 PM
    Do a battery pull.....
    05-07-2013 04:54 PM

Basically I had an old HTC phone and the auto-predict works great and fast. For S4, I can type pretty fast but the prediction or word combination isn't fast enough to keep up!

I type for example "photographic is cool". But when I reach "is" the work "photographic" isn't completed yet and it gave me "pho" or "p". I'm not like a robot fast but a fast typer. Why can't the S4 keep up? Other phones can keep up.

My first Samsung here - so just wondering is it something that is unique to Samsung or just the S4?
    I have also noticed this as well. In the end I gave up and downloaded SwiftKey.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-2013 05:12 PM
    I'd gladly switch back to SwiftKey when they add the separate, top row numbers. Also, when they fix their RIDICULOUS way of correcting an already typed in word (unless you place the cursor at the end and correct with the prediction, you end up with two split words... preposterous!)
    j0n_8 likes this.
    05-07-2013 06:06 PM
    I'd gladly switch back to SwiftKey when they add the separate, top row numbers. Also, when they fix their RIDICULOUS way of correcting an already typed in word (unless you place the cursor at the end and correct with the prediction, you end up with two split words... preposterous!)
    The number row on the stock keybkard is useful however I still much prefer SwiftKey over the stock because of the prediction.

Guess I'm just trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-2013 06:08 PM
    KII keyboard has a setting when you can add the top row numbers.
    05-07-2013 08:44 PM
    Yes! Not sure if we are talking about the same thing. But only in Exchange Email, when I'm typing I get a weird problem!

When I have a sentence with 2 fullstop in it. "this is a test. This is all the stuff." When you reach the 2nd fullstop, and you hit the space button it will move the cursor back to the first sentence and mess up one of your word in there! OMG... The only way to stop this is to tap on the "." in the auto prediction after you're done.
    05-07-2013 09:13 PM
    is your memory already almost full? the s4 has 9 gb of space. on my s3 when my data started filling up it would start acting up. like the keyboard would start being slow. my s4 seems fine right now but i've hardly used any storage space
    05-07-2013 09:49 PM
    is your memory already almost full? the s4 has 9 gb of space. on my s3 when my data started filling up it would start acting up. like the keyboard would start being slow. my s4 seems fine right now but i've hardly used any storage space
    It's a new phone with hardly anything on it. So can't be space.

I'm going to try Swiftkey like what the others said to see if it's a better keyboard.
    05-08-2013 02:23 AM

There is no fix..Samsung is horrible at user experience. The only fix is third party. What to you get a load of the horrible SMS
    j0n_8 likes this.
    05-08-2013 03:22 AM
    Give Kii keyboard a try. Fast, smooth, and has a setting to turn the top row of numbers on or off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-08-2013 07:08 AM
    Just downloaded the Kii keyboard. Awesome!! Thanks for the tip.
    Give Kii keyboard a try. Fast, smooth, and has a setting to turn the top row of numbers on or off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-08-2013 09:01 AM