Is anyone else having problems with their bluetooth not connecting and their lockscreen freezing? My bluetooth is paired with my car but it is not automatically connecting. I have to go into the settings each time and manually connect the audio. The other problem is the lockscreen. It was working fine the past few days but today it just started freezing and the only way to get into the phone was through the settings. This problem went away after I took the battery out, but I am worried after seeing this as a recurrent problem with some S3s. Does anyone have any advice on either of these problems?
    05-06-2013 11:46 PM
    I had a similar problem with the external gps connection. I've a Garmin gps for use with the motorbike and it didn't connect with the S4. I changed the settings to"always visible" and now it connects automatically without problems. However it looses the connection frequently, specially during calls.
    I hope Samsung solves this Bluetooth problems
    05-09-2013 10:55 AM
    Hi. I am having this nightmare as we speak. The connection is there but as soon as I call someone there is nothing and the same if someone calls me, the phone will ring in the car speakers but as soon as I answer, I get nothing. Did you manage to fix your problem? Help me out if you have managed to resolve this please as I am on the phone to EE at the moment and they are saying I have to call samsung. I'm not calling an 0844 number when I brought the phone/contract with EE. I'm livid right about now.
    egynoor likes this.
    05-10-2013 10:14 AM
    I had this issue with my s2 after I updated to jelly bean
    Never got it fixed
    Upgraded to the s4 and now it works perfect like it used to
    I'd say you may have a defective phone
    Can you exchange it?
    Maybe do a hard reset?
    Good luck.
    I spent hours trying everything on my s2 and nothing worked other than getting a new phone.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    05-10-2013 10:19 AM
    Thanks, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with this problem. The bluetooth is still not connecting. I manually have to go into the settings each time and connect to the audio and speaker.
    I had the same problem today that I had before with the phone locking up. This time I did a factory reset and it's now working. We'll see if it happens again. I have one more week left in my 14 day return window.
    05-11-2013 12:48 AM
    Hi there,
    I have a Bluetooth problem with my new S4, my car hands free does connect automatically to the phone, but like mentioned above when i call or get a call, there is nothing heard through the car speakers. The media on the phone is running normally on the car hands free, but it doesn't connect automatically, every time i run the car, i have to do it manually. its kind of frustrating. the strange point is the phone is working perfectly on my wife's hands free!!!, it automatically connects to the car with both phone and media working perfectly. I guess it might be some sort of software non comptability or something. I have no idea what i am going to do!!!
    anyway, feels better knowing am not the only one.
    05-16-2013 04:53 AM
    I am sure Sansung S4 does not respect something about Bluetooth standards. I had a problem with a Motorola roadster 2 hands free for the car as it actually hanged with the S4 but not with the S3, my car's Bluetooth worked just fine with it. I called Motorola and they said it was just not compatible. Then I started playing with the roadster setup and started removing some options it had. Bingo, the voice control on the roadster is not compatible with the S4, once disabled works fine. Hope this helps.
    oscar_madison likes this.
    05-21-2013 01:01 PM
    I was having problems with my S4 returning to playing music after being paused or after taking a call in my car via bluetooth. I fixed the issue by going to phone settings, bluetooth settings, select visibility timeout and then select Never timeout. Fixed all of my bluetooth connection problems.
    stringbeanie likes this.
    05-21-2013 05:52 PM
    Hi guys, I had the same trouble pairing my new s4 with my car's bluetooth handset. I solved it working on the contact list... what I have seen is that if you let the phone unify all your contacts (from the contact list, from google accounts, from samsung accounts, from skype and from whatsup and/or others) this messes up completely some bluetooth devices that access your contacts.

In my case, the solution was to wipe away the entire contact list and replace it with a clean one (the one I saved on google contacts). Then I made sure the s4 is not unifying the contacts anymore. It is back working fine now.

I hope this helps.
    05-24-2013 01:47 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Jaybird Bluebuds X headphones. Don't seem to be having the same problem Backbeat Go headphones, although haven't put it through all its paces yet - I just got the phone 2 days ago. This really su x
    05-27-2013 12:42 PM
    Did you happen to resolve this issue as I just purchased a S4 and mine is doing exactly the same thing, I have been told to contact my car dealership so they can upgrade the bluetooth.
    06-11-2013 05:15 AM
    I did the same thing that olemissmike did and my problems were resolved as well. Click on settings-bluetooth-click menu button--visibility time out and set to "never time out"
    08-18-2013 09:50 AM