05-07-2013 02:56 PM
39 12
tools
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying what he prefers. That wasn't a shameless plug for the HTC One at all.
    Eric, he titles a post in such a way that makes readers think it is a discussion about a technical issue with the Galaxy S4. Then he downplays the S4 and recommends an HTC One, in a Galaxy S4 forum. Unless you think saying things like, "The features. Half of them don't work as advertised." is a positive statement you would have to agree that the post was negative regarding the S4. Remember who is posting this, the cowboy is supposed to be an expert on phones and is an editor on this site. This isn't just a forum member expressing his preference.
    05-07-2013 09:58 AM
    The funny thing is Jerry preferred the S4, not the One. He only used the htc phone as a comparison, and that is a normal thing to do at this time.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!
    Better reread his post (carefully this time). "I would choose the HTC One, because I like the camera features and front facing speakers. I also need to hate on the SD card and menu button, which I think is holding back the whole platform."
    05-07-2013 10:01 AM
    http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com...atar8925_4.gif

Agreed. Everybody craps on the iPhone...but it doesn't lag or jitter.

It is pretty troubling when a 2013 flagship device stumbles on simple things that 2010 Androids didn't

CyanogenMod will fix all...

I wish all Android phones would ship with stock Android and simply have a guided setup to allow the user to choose which manufacturer-installed items they want.
    Actually the iPhone does lag sometimes...especially if its jaibroken
    My iPhone had a problem with freezing sometimes
    05-07-2013 10:04 AM
    Eric, he titles a post in such a way that makes readers think it is a discussion about a technical issue with the Galaxy S4. Then he downplays the S4 and recommends an HTC One, in a Galaxy S4 forum. Unless you think saying things like, "The features. Half of them don't work as advertised." is a positive statement you would have to agree that the post was negative regarding the S4. Remember who is posting this, the cowboy is supposed to be an expert on phones and is an editor on this site. This isn't just a forum member expressing his preference.
    As much as I know about mobile and as many phones as I've tested/used over the years, I respect his opinion. I have zero issue with him sharing what he thinks about the phone. If anything, I'm glad he stated the same thing I've been saying this whole time in that the "lag" is overblown.

As far as the staff here liking the One better than the S4, I'm not sure why anyone cares. The One is a reviewers wet dream. HTC hit a home run by basically checking off all the negatives that are given in reviews, i.e. low light camera performance, build materials/quality, speaker performance, heavy UIs, etc. It should be no surprise that a vast majority of tech sites that review phones like the One better.

The Galaxy line has crossed into iPhone territory with its success and hype. They've geared their devices to appease the average consumer while not completely alienating the tech community that helped make it what it is. When you do that, there's some sacrifices to be made.

Both Samsung and HTC are trying to win market share and make money. For now, Samsung is just better at it.
    05-07-2013 10:07 AM
    It's more the lack of even handedness that bothers me. The One has at least as many problems as the S4 and you'd be hard pressed to find where Jerry or any of the mods harped on those issues like they have with the S4. I chalk it up to the folks at AC rooting for an underdog(HTC) and perhaps to a lesser extent, being overly enamored with the One's obvious good looks.

Regardless, no one should base their decision on which phone to purchase based on what Jerry, Phil, Tom, **** or Harry has to say and instead frequent a variety of outlets and use both devices and form an independent opinion. At the end of the day, both the One and the S4 are great devices, each with inherent strengths and weaknesses which vary from user to user.
    aggie, Donvald and qnet like this.
    05-07-2013 10:14 AM
    Its not just the AC crew...look across the internet at all the tech bloggers circling the wagons around HTC. I'm not opposed to it...its their blog, and their right to do so...but to think that half of the reviews you see tempered against a desire to not see HTC fall by the wayside, is just naive.

Again, this isn't an implication of the AC staff...they do a terrific job. I'm just in awe that if you look across all reviews...theres exactly 2 that mention that the GS4 (US variant) is 15-20% faster than the One, and with a different chip set...let me tell you...in tech..15-20% is important..and relevant no matter how much you value the extra horsepower

Sent from my Galaxy S 4 on Sprint...and yes, I have LTE so I don't need to hear anyone's **** about how Sprint sucks and there's no LTE
    05-07-2013 10:54 AM
    It's more the lack of even handedness that bothers me. The One has at least as many problems as the S4 and you'd be hard pressed to find where Jerry or any of the mods harped on those issues like they have with the S4. I chalk it up to the folks at AC rooting for an underdog(HTC) and perhaps to a lesser extent, being overly enamored with the One's obvious good looks.

Regardless, no one should base their decision on which phone to purchase based on what Jerry, Phil, Tom, **** or Harry has to say and instead frequent a variety of outlets and use both devices and form an independent opinion. At the end of the day, both the One and the S4 are great devices, each with inherent strengths and weaknesses which vary from user to user.
    I so fully agree with you....my name is Harry and I approve this message.

Donvald and madlaw1071 like this.
    05-07-2013 11:03 AM
    Better reread his post (carefully this time). "I would choose the HTC One, because I like the camera features and front facing speakers. I also need to hate on the SD card and menu button, which I think is holding back the whole platform."
    He stated what he would choose and also that he would more like to watch movies on the S4 screen. In fact, I would even date say that in general he would prefer an OLED screen.

But I see your point and agree, the editors here are not playing fair and should be ashamed with themselves.

tohio likes this.
    05-07-2013 11:08 AM
    Lag issue perhaps being rendered moot as we speak. AT&T pushing update right now.
    05-07-2013 11:13 AM
    If you've been here long enough, you would know that most of the AC staff 'prefer' HTC. Nothing wrong with that because they run a great site for ALL phones!
    05-07-2013 11:32 AM
    What 2010 Android phone didn't have lag? Seriously?
    05-07-2013 11:42 AM
    If you've been here long enough, you would know that most of the AC staff 'prefer' HTC. Nothing wrong with that because they run a great site for ALL phones!
    I also prefer htc and this is my first samsung phone.

05-07-2013 11:52 AM
    This is what I've come to expect from Android Central (after less than a week!). People who jump others simply for their opinion.

This is what I've come to expect from Android Central. A supposedly technical discussion about lag on a phone turns into a sales pitch for the HTC One. I'll bet if anyone of us forum members had posted a recommendation for the S4 in the HTC One forum we would have been castigated by the forum members and the moderator. Shameless.
    Unprovoked.
    I'm gonna stand with Jerry on this one, not because I necessarily agree with his conclusion (I don't even know where mine will be, though I am leaning to the Galaxy in fact, the ONE certainly has it's positives), but because he listed discussed both phones and highlighted something that affects a lot of devices in a more concise manner. It was simply his preference for the ONE, and that he was polite about it. Things like this are helpful to those who haven't decided yet.
    slackerjack and bigdaddytee like this.
    05-07-2013 12:22 PM
    Sometimes I wish I had never even tried. I think there's something wrong with some of you.

I'm done with y'all.
    05-07-2013 02:56 PM
39 12