Does the S4 work with the Fitbit Flex?

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The title pretty much sums it up. I am seriously considering getting a Fitbit Flex and I already know for a fact that it will not work with my current phone GSII but I am also thinking about picking up an GS4. Honestly I'll probably end up getting the S4 anyway, but it would be nice to know up front if it is going to work with the Fitbit Flex.

stringbeanie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The syncing function does not currently work with the S4 but I'm sure it will soon..this is the hottest phone out there and the hardware on the phone meets the requirements of the fitbit. Fitbit is a very responsive company. I bought the flex and just sync it with my computer for now. The info makes it to the fitbit app on the phone. It's just a matter of time before the syncing function will be there.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. That's pretty much what I assumed, that it wasn't supported yet but the hardware is compatable. I'll probably go ahead and pick up an S4 and I'll probably wait a while before I get the Fitbit.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What are you trying to sync the Flex with? If you are trying to use the Samsung S-Health software I have a feeling it won't support it since Fit Bit makes their own syncing software. I would d/l and install theirs.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just asked this yesterday. I'm debating if I should wait for the S band or not. I feel like I'd rather have something more universal in case I switch away from samsung in the future.

The only thing that sucks about the Flex is that I have a baby and pushing on the stroller doesn't count steps ... wtf

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sue if this helps but:

Unlike most Bluetooth accessories, your Flex must be paired directly through the
Fitbit App, and not through your Android device?s Bluetooth preferences.
1. Open the Fitbit App.
2. Account Setup:
a. Select Get started if you don?t already have a Fitbit.com account.
b. Select Log in to log into your existing Fitbit.com account.
3. Enter the email address and password for your Fitbit account and tap Sign Up.
4. Enter your personal details, then tap Save. This information personalizes your
Fitbit experience and improves the accuracy of your calorie burn and distance
data. This personal information is, by default, only visible to your friends, but
you can adjust your privacy settings on the Fitbit website to control what
information is shared with others.
5. Tap Set up Now.
6. Choose Flex and follow the onscreen prompts.
7. Tap I?m Ready to begin searching for your Flex.
8. Once found, the lights on your Flex will begin to blink. Tap the window of your
Flex repeatedly with your finger until it vibrates. If you have trouble finding
your Flex, tap Try Again and follow the onscreen instructions for help.
9. Once the Fitbit App shows the message ?You?re all set!? you can tap Go To
Dashboard to complete setup.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how long it will take FitBit to support the S4, I have an older FitBit and honestly would prefer a wristband style that can go a week on a charge, but it they aren't going to support it for weeks or months I will likely get something else.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep, works like a charm. I'd say this is the advantage of having a popular phone: compatibility with devices and timely updates/fixes.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sweety got my wife a fitbit for mother's day and waiting on vzw to delivery my s4!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34