05-11-2013 08:03 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    I thought I was buying a 16gb phone, not a 9gb phone. I'm not a gamer, thus I am extremely disappointed in the lack of space on this phone.
    I love this phone but the false advertising had to be addressed.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    05-10-2013 09:19 PM
    I thought I was buying a 16gb phone, not a 9gb phone. I'm not a gamer, thus I am extremely disappointed in the lack of space on this phone.
    I love this phone but the false advertising had to be addressed.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!
    but the thing is that's normal... if you buy a Windows (or Mac... or Linux...) computer, the advertised hard drive space never excludes the space for the OS. Heck, Windows 7, as good as it is, can consume 20+ GB of space. I'm not saying higher capacity isn't needed, but this isn't a new practice.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    05-11-2013 01:09 AM
    but the thing is that's normal... if you buy a Windows (or Mac... or Linux...) computer, the advertised hard drive space never excludes the space for the OS. Heck, Windows 7, as good as it is, can consume 20+ GB of space. I'm not saying higher capacity isn't needed, but this isn't a new practice.

It's the relative difference that matters.... Meaning the percentage, which equals to almost a 40% loss

I don't mind losing 6gb if I had a 32 or 64gb phone.

But on a 16gb phone, it is unacceptable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 03:35 AM
    But the feature to move apps from the device to SD card has been removed in android 4.2, correct me if I'm wrong here. Maybe because Google is pushing us to use the cloud now. On my old htc sensation with ice cream sandwich I can move and install apps to the SD card easily and run them too.
    05-11-2013 04:09 AM

The premise of that on its own is valid, but here is the rub, ticking people off far more than just the bubble of forums:

1. The trend over the last year is more data heavy apps and this is being driven by the advancing hardware
    2. Carriers, content providers and Samsung are marketing a pushing the data heavy apps
    3. They are also misinforming people they can put apps on sd cards
    4. In spite of the lower storage and the issues noted above, only one carrier apparently on the planet so far is offering a 32gb option.

Not a good mix.
    skiner5246 likes this.
    05-11-2013 08:03 AM
80 ... 234