ATT Galaxy S4..Just Received An Update

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My buddy just received an update on his AT&T S4. It was like 26 or 27mb, I don't remember. But just wanted to give everyone a heads up

Eric Kane 1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
DAMN! Samsung is fast with the updates!

Gallery is loading faster. Physical home button isn't lagging. Apps are loading quickly. Multi-tasking is even quicker with swiping away apps.

Even the lock screen with the light effect isn't lagging. For those that remained patient for this past week and didn't overreact, pat yourselves on the back.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I didnt realize I had lag until I saw how fast everything is now after the update. lol What will the h8ers h8 now?

Eric Kane 1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Some more initial thoughts on the upgrade:

-If you guys can go into your multi-task menu and click on the Task Manager, I'd like to know how much RAM is being used on your devices now. Mine took a dive from 1.1-1.2 to only 730 MB. How they've allocated their RAM has most likely changed. (This is a positive thing, by the way).

-Turning the animations back to 1x still gives a fast experience. I always set mine to 0.5, but that's preference. You don't really need to anymore.

-Kernel and Build Number have changed. Kernel is as recent as April 27th now. Build number is MDL.

I'll post a change log if I come across it. There's still some things that could use tweaking, but for the most part this update fixed the things being complained about.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed it but dont really notice anything differently? I didn't have any lag before though so does anyone know what the actual upgrade does?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow, if this is how fast we can expect updates, that is AWESOME. Now from what i remember the S4 will eventually get Android 5.0 correct? I'll be curious how long samsung takes to get its update for that.

EDIT:
Now i had never had any big problems with "lag" however I'm seeing faster animations specifically with the lock screen (i'm using the ripple effect) and opening the gallery. Now what i'm seeing is there is about 1/2 a second delay when after i click the gallery app it goes to the home screen and then smoothly opens the gallery.

I'd like to note that i never changed any of the developer or animation settings before this update, so i was still at default for all animations.

I can also confirm in task manager i'm only seeing about 650 - 730 MB used rather than the 1.0 - 1.1 i was seeing before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2