ATT Galaxy S4..Just Received An Update

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
no one has mentioned it, but is there any potential for this update to mess with djrbliss's unlock method? I could have sworn I saw somewhere that updating it could cause the method to not work. We're still a few weeks away from his release

This is a good question. I'd say probably not, simply because the exploit's not out so AT&T wouldn't yet know what to patch.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I saw the update in the morning and first thing I did was google it lol. I read there must be "Hidden bug fixes in update". I updated and soon enough wow my phone is super fast and I haven't noticed anymore lag! Gallery loads instantly.. Camera on night mode would lag really bad for me before update like slow motion, no longer does anymore. I love my phone even more now and I thank Samsung for such a fast update! I knew an update would take care of these "little bugs" thought we needed to wait a month or more. Best phone ever! Obsessed with my Galaxy s4!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Judging from the people in this thread it must be a very nice update! Gj Samsung.
But my N4 only ever uses 330-700MB when I'm using it normally.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me what number the update was/is?
I still thinking that I got my phone already updated 4 days ago, but I want to be sure.
So can someone post the build number after the update, or the number that got updated please.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

Jim Mitchell1

May 5, 2013
Visit site
New iPhone convert and this update is great. The lag in the camera was getting super annoying. Hoping people can answer a few of my questions here to help me with the last few things I can't figure out.
I MUCH prefer the Gmail app over the mail app and have moved it to the favorites app bar down the bottom, however I can not find out how to get it to display the "1" when a new mail message comes in similar to the samsung mail app. The new messages shows up top in the notoifications but not on the app itself. This is a huge dissatisfier for me now.

Group chat is working between 3 of my friends (both iphone and not) so I was excited to see that Android/Samsung has this capability as I was concerned about the singluar back and forth. I have tried it with a group of other iphone users and the original message get rec'd/ i recieve it but i do not get any of the subsiquent repsonses.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
New iPhone convert and this update is great. The lag in the camera was getting super annoying. Hoping people can answer a few of my questions here to help me with the last few things I can't figure out.
I MUCH prefer the Gmail app over the mail app and have moved it to the favorites app bar down the bottom, however I can not find out how to get it to display the "1" when a new mail message comes in similar to the samsung mail app. The new messages shows up top in the notoifications but not on the app itself. This is a huge dissatisfier for me now.

Group chat is working between 3 of my friends (both iphone and not) so I was excited to see that Android/Samsung has this capability as I was concerned about the singluar back and forth. I have tried it with a group of other iphone users and the original message get rec'd/ i recieve it but i do not get any of the subsiquent repsonses.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Samsung apps put the notification number directly on the icon but that's specific to samsung and is not part of android. I think go launcher may have that option. Really it's just one of those things you get used to not having. It bugged me at first but not anymore. With the notification system in android and my beloved blinking LED i'm a pretty happy camper.

How are you doing group messaging? Just like regular texting?

Personally I don't even have a texting plan. I use google voice and everyone ONLY has my google voice number and not my AT&T number. I text with that and all texting is free. However I text so rarely I could count on one hand the number of times I do that in a year.
My family and friends have taken to using messaging apps that are free and work much better than texting. Suck as KiK, Touch and Whatsapp. They work across several different OS's. I highly recommend taking a look at those and getting your friends to use one.

stealth2920

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Everything seems quicker on mine, but that also includes the battery drain. I have only text and received email today and was 100% this morning and 67% now, but really noticed the drop after the update. My battery chart shows the OS is using 22%. That is allot higher than before. Anyone else notice any battery change?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Everything seems quicker on mine, but that also includes the battery drain. I have only text and received email today and was 100% this morning and 67% now, but really noticed the drop after the update. My battery chart shows the OS is using 22%. That is allot higher than before. Anyone else notice any battery change?

Nope... Not me..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm noticing that. I would get over 1 day, after the update its now like 14 hrs. And Google services is taking a lot of it and I don't know why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing that. I would get over 1 day, after the update its now like 14 hrs. And Google services is taking a lot of it and I don't know why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Did the update reset your Google Maps settings? I ask because I believe location settings in the Maps app may be responsible for excessive battery drain.

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me what number the update was/is?
I still thinking that I got my phone already updated 4 days ago, but I want to be sure.
So can someone post the build number after the update, or the number that got updated please.

Your build should end in DL if latest--let me know as I plan on a 32gb version soon and was wondering if update would already be there--:)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Your build should end in DL if latest--let me know as I plan on a 32gb version soon and was wondering if update would already be there--:)

Mine says DB. I wonder if I have to be on wifi to get the download. I tried by LTE and it said I should try again today. Tomorrow I'll test on wifi and see if I can get the update.

I didn't try today, but I also dont want to mess this up and have to test again later.

Thx btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2