ATT Galaxy S4..Just Received An Update

hppwdn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just did the update and mine's still laggy. It's a little better, but still unacceptable. I notice it most in the text message section. If I go back and forth between the list of conversation and individual conversations it will build up lag and stall out after ten or so tries. Before the update it would lock up and ask me to kill the app, now it just stalls out for 10-15 seconds and then proceeds.

I have a factory S4, just got it last night, not sure why this is happening. It's an ATT S4.

Riggs27

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I received the update 2 days ago and since then my battery life is worse. Also, the camera settings have changed. After install, I opened my camera and it said "updating camera firmware". There is a default "night shoot without flash" that slows down the camera considerably. (had to turn it off) Also theres a "change player" icon and no description on what it does or how to use it. After I take a picture, it now says "processing" and I cant shoot another till its done ! It's horrible and the battery life too. Not happy .... Some things are just better when left alone .. This needs to be fixed !

Spunjer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I received the update 2 days ago and since then my battery life is worse. Also, the camera settings have changed. After install, I opened my camera and it said "updating camera firmware". There is a default "night shoot without flash" that slows down the camera considerably. (had to turn it off) Also theres a "change player" icon and no description on what it does or how to use it. After I take a picture, it now says "processing" and I cant shoot another till its done ! It's horrible and the battery life too. Not happy .... Some things are just better when left alone .. This needs to be fixed !

this.

battery life went to hell...

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yup go the update 5 days ago here in Sonora from Telcel.

Damn dude! I'm in Monterrey , I check for updates almost everyday, but still without the update that gives the option to supposedly 'save to sd'.... last update I got was like a month ago...

is yours the octa or the 4g?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Damn dude! I'm in Monterrey , I check for updates almost everyday, but still without the update that gives the option to supposedly 'save to sd'.... last update I got was like a month ago...

is yours the octa or the 4g?

1089wle.png

503cdw.png

Que raro jaja. Bought the international Snapdragon unlocked so 4G.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Is the camera in "Night Mode" by default. I think in digitally enhances what light it picks up and in my experience ends up much better than the simple (quick) shot w/LED flash, but then processing is slow. Can you switch to another mode to get the speed you want? Or just manually setting the flash on?

Punkrulz

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Talk about frustration right now. I previously submitted a warranty request because of 1) my display issue, and 2) the SD card issue. While waiting for the replacement I've been trying to get the update frequently. Today I bumped the date up a month on the old phone to get the update, and it worked. It even fixed the display issue I had! Unfortunately, the replacement arrived today as well and now I'm having nothing but problems. I made a backup with Samsung Kies, however it says that apps, ringtones, and some other information can't be restored. Also for some reason, I am trying to do the update by doing the same thing and it keeps saying Update Interrupted...

Also unfortunately, the phone that they had sent me has the different display issue involving the purple hue when scrolling... Sooooo yeah I can't win right now. According to AT&T while I had them on the phone they did say that there were about 24 or so updates that get pushed out, but for some reason he was trying to push them individually to my phone. He wasn't sure about the firmware and couldn't provide me much information about that... So now I'm still waiting trying to figure out what to do. If I don't return one of the phones within 10 days I'm going to get charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith