06-28-2017 07:08 PM
374 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I get the Hot phone too, maybe a virus or hack on it, putting it into Airplane mode for a few minutes and out seems to fix it.
    11-13-2014 07:31 PM
    Hi all,

Few days ago I received a SIV with glass dirty inside (between glass and lcd), and "Sim Card Error" problem.

1 - Try another Sim Card - No
    2 - Try another Rom, more recently - No
    3 - Try root and undervolt CPU - No
    4 - Change Sim Card and SD Card module from motherboard (by my self) - No
    5 - Try Rom from operator (Brazil Oi, 4.4.2) - In Progress
    6 - Try downgrade to 4.2.2, by root way - After step 5.

I'm think that it is something with process and ram memory, that it's incompatible certain kindles of motherboard with this version of 4.4.2. Some users of HTC One are spoting same problem.
    11-16-2014 10:04 PM
    Just got back from India where I'd been using an air tel sim. Tried my 3 uk sim and was getting the reboot option. Pain in the ***. Anyways simplest of things worked. Took our sim gave it a wipe and blew into the port. No problems so far (running cyanogenmod 11 m12) must have been a slightly oversized sim in India or some ****e had got into contacts

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2014 06:23 AM
    5 - Try Rom from operator (Brazil Oi, 4.4.2) - kind of solved

Just having "Sim Card Error" after change battery.
    11-17-2014 09:11 PM
    ugghhhhhhh...........same here. Several times a day, Sim card not detected. Did the replacement SIM, cleared cache, factory reset, stood on my head, drew a pentagram on the floor and placed the phone in the middle, prayed to the Patron Saints of Samsung help desk.....you name it. I had this phone for 17 months. I do not want to buy another so soon. I'm with Bell and I think it's bloody sick how Samsung KNOWS but denies the problem. I have never rooted this phone, or none of that. Here is the transcript of my 'lack of' help desk discussion (edited out private info):

Thank you for choosing Samsung. A representative will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with 'Sanderson'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
    Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK**************** (edited for forum posting)
    Sanderson: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Canada support. How may I assist you today?
    Jim: I am having quite a bit of difficult with my phone in recent weeks. I keep receiving the Sim card removed error, and then a reboot will temporarily cure it. I have taken it into the shop I purchased it, and they replaced the SIM which worked about 2 weeks, now it is repeating itself. Today it has popped up the error probably 5-6 times. I am also experiencing a problem with the WIFI dropping, where I have to pull the battery in order to activate WIFI again. I spoke with live chat yesterday, and we cleared the cache, and I also wound up doing a factory reset now, same problems exist. Are you aware of these being common problems?
    Jim: Samsung S4 SGH-I337M
    Jim: Android version 4.4.2
    Sanderson: I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing issues with no sim card error.
    Sanderson: I am sorry; there are no known issues with the phone.
    Sanderson: Did you perform reset on the phone using Power, volume and home buttons?
    Jim: I googled it and found many people experiencing it with no resolve. I preformed the reset by holding volume up and power on, releasing power when vibrate holding volume up.
    Sanderson: The information posted on forums cannot really be validated, we observe that many similar looking issues are posted as a unique issue, but when checked the actual causes always differ. Samsung does not have control over the content posted on third party web-sites.
    Jim: then selecting wipe data/factory reset
    Sanderson: As the issue persists, the device needs to be examined by a Samsung authorized service technician to find the root cause and fix the issue.
    Sanderson: Please provide me the IMEI and serial number of the phone. From the phone tap on Settings>> More>> about device>> Status>> IMEI. You can find the serial number from the same page.
    Jim: IMEI **************** serial **************** (edited for forum posting)
    Sanderson: Thank you for the details.
    Sanderson: I see that the phone is out of warranty. As the issue persists, please contact Samsung authorized service center to get it fixed.
    Sanderson: Click on the link below for walk-in service centers:
    Sanderson: (link removed due to my being new here)
    Jim: k, thanks
    Sanderson: You are welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    (I closed the window at that point. I hate that final question when I am dying to say, "What did you help me with in the first place?")
    tahoechris likes this.
    11-19-2014 03:37 PM
    Just wanted to update this a bit. A while ago, when the sim not detected error started cropping up, I had order a new sim slot from EBAY for I think $5. Found an easy tutorial on youtube on changing it, but I never really had the gumption to actually crack it open and start changing a circuit board. Then I convinced myself that it could not be a sim slot. Because I had the WIFI dropping all the time, and the power randomly powering off and on, it had to be something else, and I strongly believed to be software. It was very strange because all this started happening virtually at the same time I received a kernel update (not that I think a kernel update would do it, but what else updated that I am not aware of?). It just seemed suspicious.

Finally, last night, I had enough and didn't care. I actually started to make plans to destroy this fun in a satisfying way, like make a burnout on it underneath my 69 Camaro, possibly put it under my 5 ton press at work, or seeing it skip across the lake. So having resolved I am about to buy a new phone, and this is off warranty, I cracked it open, put a heat gun to it, and swapped the sim slot.

So far last night and this morning.........nothing. No sim error, no wifi dropping, no random reboots......nothing.......yet.

I am going to keep an eye on it.

If it craps the bed again, I will update this forum. If not, then considered this my personal remedy for it as a success. But I probably just jinxed myself.....

Tell you what, if it craps again, I will post a pic of me blowing the phone up in a spectacular way.

One last note, I regret factory resetting it. I had it all backed up anyway on kies, but what a pain for nothing. If you are thinking about it...don't do it. Not worth it.
    11-20-2014 10:46 AM
    Just wanted to update this a bit. A while ago, when the sim not detected error started cropping up, I had order a new sim slot from EBAY for I think $5. Found an easy tutorial on youtube on changing it, but I never really had the gumption to actually crack it open and start changing a circuit board. Then I convinced myself that it could not be a sim slot. Because I had the WIFI dropping all the time, and the power randomly powering off and on, it had to be something else, and I strongly believed to be software. It was very strange because all this started happening virtually at the same time I received a kernel update (not that I think a kernel update would do it, but what else updated that I am not aware of?). It just seemed suspicious.

Finally, last night, I had enough and didn't care. I actually started to make plans to destroy this fun in a satisfying way, like make a burnout on it underneath my 69 Camaro, possibly put it under my 5 ton press at work, or seeing it skip across the lake. So having resolved I am about to buy a new phone, and this is off warranty, I cracked it open, put a heat gun to it, and swapped the sim slot.

So far last night and this morning.........nothing. No sim error, no wifi dropping, no random reboots......nothing.......yet.

I am going to keep an eye on it.

If it craps the bed again, I will update this forum. If not, then considered this my personal remedy for it as a success. But I probably just jinxed myself.....

Tell you what, if it craps again, I will post a pic of me blowing the phone up in a spectacular way.

One last note, I regret factory resetting it. I had it all backed up anyway on kies, but what a pain for nothing. If you are thinking about it...don't do it. Not worth it.
    Change Sim card Slot didn't work to me.

I'm trying now change ROM for AOSP and after that try to go back 4.2.2
    11-20-2014 07:35 PM
    Change to AOSP Cyanogem11, android 4.4.4.

No problems, let's try for a week...
    11-21-2014 09:11 AM
    I have read this post and for what little I may add here are my experiences with my EE S4. The phone is as supplied with EE stock ROM running KitKat.

Perfectly fine for just over a year and then "SIM Card Removed - The mobile network will be unavailable until......" started appearing. Strangely enough only when in my pocket. I could not make it do it but if in my hand it was ok.

Then the message became more frequent and I was forced to call forward my S4 to my HTC so that I could be sure of receiving calls if the phone had gone offline in my pocket.

Contacted my provider and ordered a new SIM. Whilst this was on its way I put a prepay SIM in the S4 and all appeared ok for a day then....."SIM Card removed...." Argh!! So it was not a SIM card error.

Tried the business card trick without any success.

Finally ordered a SIM holder from EBay "SD Sim Card Reader Holder Slot Flex Cable Ribbon For Samsung Galaxy S4 GT i9505" user ID "phonelinksuk" for £4.49. Once this had arrived a quick YouTube search and an easy to follow tutorial was found.

The phone has been perfect for over a week now. So from what I read there may be multiple reasons for this message. In my case it appears to be cured but it is only early days so far....

Good luck

PH

*Addendum*
    NO SOONER HAD I POSTED THE ABOVE WHEN MY PHONE POPPED UP WITH THE SIM REMOVED MESSAGE!!!!

Guess it's not cured after all
    11-23-2014 11:26 AM
    Well, after 3 days of working fine........guess what started up again today every 30 GD minutes.......

I actually noticed when the phone is not being used, just sitting there flat in front of me, for no valid reason the message will pop up.

Samsung, you can SUCK IT! I'm going to Apple. As painful as that sounds, far less baloney with 600 dollar phones that last a year and a half.
    11-23-2014 03:11 PM
    I just broke my sim card slot flat connection trying to clean with eraser the connector. hehehe

So, I'm backing to use my blackberry z10 that 2 years still working fine and good, I just will buy my Galaxy Note 4 and than use this S4 as Ipod to run. hehehe **** GALAXY S4.
    11-24-2014 04:59 AM
    Well, after 3 days of working fine........guess what started up again today every 30 GD minutes.......

I actually noticed when the phone is not being used, just sitting there flat in front of me, for no valid reason the message will pop up.

Samsung, you can SUCK IT! I'm going to Apple. As painful as that sounds, far less baloney with 600 dollar phones that last a year and a half.
    I would like to go use a apple but there is no battery replacement if you got one with battery problems or in a trip you are tight hands.

It's better take Galaxy Note 4 that Note phones is ever better than S.
    11-24-2014 05:01 AM
    Hi,

I had the same problem and tried everything (inserted a new sim, cleaned the partition cache, read endless posts, etc...)
    Now I have installed this free App called "Bluetooth connect & Play" search for it on Google Play

(I'm not related to this App in any way) and since then, I don't get any reboots

My guess is that there is something wrong with the Bluetooth software in the S4.

Please let me know if that helped you out.
    11-26-2014 09:30 AM
    Hello,

When my Samsung S4 gave me repeated NO SIM CARD errors, I thought I would have to sell my phone for parts. BUT I was able to get it working. It has been up for three days. No problems.

1 - I did an online chat with Samsung. Not much help.
    2 - I went to the Rogers dealer and they gave me a new SIM. It worked for about 12 hours. Then the error came back.
    3 - Some sites suggest doing the VOL + HOME menu / Clear Cache and / or factory reset. That did nothing, other than waste time.
    4 - I placed a strip of business card behind the SIM. That would work for short periods, but I think that was a fluke.

What DID work was the following:

You take apart the phone, including the white interior back plate, including the eight or so little screws.

Turns out that there is a heat related issue that makes it so that the ribbon cable connector that makes the SIM card and the microSD card tray NOT communicate with the mainboard. Maybe there is some slight warping. Anyway. Look at this image:

Galaxy S4: Major problem - SIM card not detected-capture.jpg

Literally, I trimmed a piece of a guitar pick, and glued it to the black strip on the plastic phone backing. Then, when the phone is reassembled, it puts enough pressure on the ribbon cable assembly that the phone begins working. It was a ten minute fix, and it seems to be holding up just fine. I would try that fix before replacing the SIM tray.
    11-27-2014 01:07 PM
    Hello,

When my Samsung S4 gave me repeated NO SIM CARD errors, I thought I would have to sell my phone for parts. BUT I was able to get it working. It has been up for three days. No problems.

1 - I did an online chat with Samsung. Not much help.
    2 - I went to the Rogers dealer and they gave me a new SIM. It worked for about 12 hours. Then the error came back.
    3 - Some sites suggest doing the VOL + HOME menu / Clear Cache and / or factory reset. That did nothing, other than waste time.
    4 - I placed a strip of business card behind the SIM. That would work for short periods, but I think that was a fluke.

What DID work was the following:

You take apart the phone, including the white interior back plate, including the eight or so little screws.

Turns out that there is a heat related issue that makes it so that the ribbon cable connector that makes the SIM card and the microSD card tray NOT communicate with the mainboard. Maybe there is some slight warping. Anyway. Look at this image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	792 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	151038

Literally, I trimmed a piece of a guitar pick, and glued it to the black strip on the plastic phone backing. Then, when the phone is reassembled, it puts enough pressure on the ribbon cable assembly that the phone begins working. It was a ten minute fix, and it seems to be holding up just fine. I would try that fix before replacing the SIM tray.
    I tried this fix yesterday, so far so good. I will report back in a week or so (or before if the problem reoccurs). Thanks, hopefully this fixes it!

Update: I spoke too soon, the problem re-occured . Unfortunately this fix did not solve my issue, I think the issue is with the motherboard itself (I also did a clean install from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4, which also didn't fix the issue).

Time for a new phone
    12-05-2014 09:13 AM
    I had the same problem for months until my s4 stopped recognizing any Sim cards I placed in it.

Problem is the phone was region locked even tho it was network unlocked...

Solution...root phone and download "RegionLockAway-v1.3.apk". It will unlock the regional lock and fix problem by updating the phone's modem.
    12-08-2014 06:07 AM
    Try rooting the phone and install RegionLockAway-v1.3. It will fix the phone by updating the modem...the problem.for the restart is the regional lock on the phone...let me know.
    12-08-2014 06:17 AM

Same here...but for me, it is two main times....

When the phone is just chilling, not being used for any reason, and I happen to look over and see the message.

and..

My personal favorite inconvenience: When someone is calling me!! Can't do nothing about it

This is extremely frustrating for me. Sometimes I have no clue it happened, thus missing all calls and texts. Get calls to my home phone (obtained solely for cheaper triple-play cable bundle-so never used) asking why I am not answering my phone. What do you mean..my phone is right...Ugghh..Not again!!

At the present moment it has been happening every 20 minutes for the past few hours. Then maybe tommorrow once, then the next day it might not happen at all. Really didn't want to buy a new phone yet, as I haven't had it for 2 years even. I am not technical in that way to be able to take anything apart, I have purchased two new sim cards, and did the tke it out blow on it, wipe it thing.

Heres a new one: The past 5 minutes every other text message received...error message. Cant read the message until i restart...This is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess i will go though this thread in it's entirety for fixes that are on my level.

Any other suggestions or whatever guys??
    Radiolaire likes this.
    12-10-2014 07:54 PM
    We have had this exact problem on 2 Samsung phones. S4 and Note. We tried new card but didn't fix. We finally figured out it was Amazon Music. Once we uninstalled that and all that goes with it we haven't had the problem since !!
    12-11-2014 07:22 AM
    I did got phone back with this no service error. Been reading many others have to I am soooo angry as it was a fight to get other issues fixed

Really feeling let down
    12-12-2014 12:24 AM
    yes i m having a problem coz when m choosing mobile networks it is displaying "insert sim cerd to access mobile network" even when the sim is already in the phone
    12-15-2014 07:14 AM
    Anyone having this issue also use a large capacity/high speed microSD? I've also had microSD issues, and wonder if the heat is the SD's fault.
    12-19-2014 12:01 PM
    HOHOHO! Merry Christmas and stuff! (time to buy a new Samsung? or not...

I´ve had this "Sim removed-" problem on my GT-I9505 LTE here in Finland for about 3 weeks for now. I have noticed that the phone gets really really hot (like 60 celsius or more!!!) around the SIM- slot at some random time of the day. I roam very much allover the 2g,3g and 4g-areas around my neighborhood and might it be really a problem with some overheating components... I´ve had a Sandisk 8GB Class4 MicroSD card in but now i removed it and reflashed my phone to the newest 4.2.2 Firmware and hope for the best. I will be informing the results here!

I´f it seems to be working, i´ll report here. If not, i´ll still report.

Cheers,

Antti
    12-23-2014 05:14 PM
    I bought my children brand-new Galaxy S4 Minis for Christmas at the AT&T store.

They opened them up happily. My daughter's works - no problems.

My son's gets "No SIM Card" error and he's unable to make a phone call.

These are BRAND NEW phones.

I am very unimpressed at the moment. Advice?
    12-25-2014 11:32 AM
    I tried this and the first time I used a thin piece of plastic (about credit card thickness) I had no issues for around 1 week and then they started again. I just put a thicker piece of plastic in there yesterday and so far so good. there is a noticeable warp in the back of my phone though. i don't really care as long as it functions.

My wife and I got the phones just over a year ago so I am stuck for another year. she has never had any issues like this but mine does. after reading through these posts I don't think I would want to bring it back to AT&T just to get a sim card that will die anyway. I hope this can just keep it going for another year or an actual "fix" is found instead of a workaround.
    12-27-2014 11:39 AM
374 ... 34567 ...