05-14-2013 11:22 PM
242 ... 8910
tools
    Of course I didn't say the moderating staff told anyone to close their account and leave. Pretty dissensions for you make that inference.

"But go ahead... Lets throw this thread under the bus again so a few hundred more can shake their head at this ongoing nonsense..."

So what if, "...a few hundred more can shake their head at this ongoing nonsense..." It's nonsense to you but there are over 5,000 views of this thread. Someone is interested and keeps coming back to read what is being said. If I had praised the moderators here you certainly would not have said anything about this nonsense or the shaking of heads. Why is it you (AC staff) are against a free flow of comments about a subject. One of your editors even closed a thread because he didn't like the way the discussion about his comments was going, not because it violated any rules of the forum. Another moderator closed a thread because it was being discussed elsewhere. But when an editor opened a thread on the exact same thing a few days later it was allowed to stay open until the editor couldn't stand the heat. NO, don't answer. I don't want to be accused of questioning a moderator. Some people want to discuss the apparent bias on this site. Obviously many people are interested in the subject and want to comment. Bemoaning the fact that people have differing view from yours is not "throwing the discussion under the bus."

"Why must we continue to openly discuss our moderating practices?"

Who exactly is forcing you to discuss anything? If you don't want to discuss your moderating practices don't do it.
    05-09-2013 09:29 AM
    Of course I didn't say the moderating staff told anyone to close their account and leave. Pretty dissensions for you make that inference.
    But, when a forum member disagrees with a moderator or editor they are advised to close their account and leave.
    Hmmm that is your words correct? Looks like to me your saying that exactly what I commented on.

So what if, "...a few hundred more can shake their head at this ongoing nonsense..." It's nonsense to you but there are over 5,000 views of this thread. Someone is interested and keeps coming back to read what is being said.
    So your saying that we should continue to comment, question and discuss the way things are handled around these forums because its generating page views and fueling your own personal enjoyment? That is exactly how I'm reading it. TBH, I think the small minority that enjoy this type of discussion have already gotten their fill and moved onward, the rest return only because this keeps getting bumped back to the top of the list and they probably can't believe this is still ongoing.

Who exactly is forcing you to discuss anything? If you don't want to discuss your moderating practices don't do it.
    If your read the forum rules & guidelines ' yes I hate having to repeat this... ' you would see in there that its frowned upon to question or discuss moderating practices within the forums.

I'll drop this quote from there so maybe it gets the point across a little better..

Moderators - Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all moderator decisions are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.

Appeals/Complaints - If you feel that a mistake has been made or you are being treated unfairly, or have a question about an action, you may contact our Community Manager James Falconer: james AT mobilenations dot com.

FWIW, Normally when members continue to ignore these rules/guidelines and in thread requests from Moderators that is when you put yourself in a bad situation.

I will stop there on this subject and leave the rest in your hands
    05-09-2013 09:51 AM

"But go ahead... Lets throw this thread under the bus again so a few hundred more can shake their head at this ongoing nonsense..."

So what if, "...a few hundred more can shake their head at this ongoing nonsense..." It's nonsense to you but there are over 5,000 views of this thread. Someone is interested and keeps coming back to read what is being said. If I had praised the moderators here you certainly would not have said anything about this nonsense or the shaking of heads. Why is it you (AC staff) are against a free flow of comments about a subject. One of your editors even closed a thread because he didn't like the way the discussion about his comments was going, not because it violated any rules of the forum. Another moderator closed a thread because it was being discussed elsewhere. But when an editor opened a thread on the exact same thing a few days later it was allowed to stay open until the editor couldn't stand the heat. NO, don't answer. I don't want to be accused of questioning a moderator. Some people want to discuss the apparent bias on this site. Obviously many people are interested in the subject and want to comment. Bemoaning the fact that people have differing view from yours is not "throwing the discussion under the bus."

"Why must we continue to openly discuss our moderating practices?"

Keep nitpicking. I'm 100% confident that Mobile Nations will rewrite their entire policy and procedure page because you complained and continued to complain, and rehashed the same crap, and beat the living he** out of the dead horse.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:01 AM
    It's not our fault people can't recognize an obvious troll/baiting thread versus one meant to harbor discussion and conversation.

It's also not our fault that people choose to derail threads. A thread getting closed because it's been derailed is what is SUPPOSED to happen. This thread is an exception, not an example.
    zero neck and jroc like this.
    05-09-2013 10:07 AM
    Hmmm that is your words correct? Looks like to me your saying that exactly what I commented on.

So your saying that we should continue to comment, question and discuss the way things are handled around these forums because its generating page views and fueling your own personal enjoyment? That is exactly how I'm reading it. TBH, I think the small minority that enjoy this type of discussion have already gotten their fill and moved onward, the rest return only because this keeps getting bumped back to the top of the list and they probably can't believe this is still ongoing.

If your read the forum rules & guidelines ' yes I hate having to repeat this... ' you would see in there that its frowned upon to question or discuss moderating practices within the forums.

I'll drop this quote from there so maybe it gets the point across a little better..

FWIW, Normally when members continue to ignore these rules/guidelines and in thread requests from Moderators that is when you put yourself in a bad situation.

I will stop there on this subject and leave the rest in your hands
    No, again, I did not say the moderators tell people to close their accounts and move on. Assigning factual content to an ambiguous statement is sloppy scholarship.

I'm not saying you should do anything. If you don't want to comment don't. You came out of the blue and commented here, no one forced you.

I asked you who was forcing you to discuss anything and you came back with, "If your read the forum rules & guidelines ' yes I hate having to repeat this... ' you would see in there that its frowned upon to question or discuss moderating practices within the forums." One has nothing to do with the other. I didn't ask you to discuss anything. I appreciate your quick response but maybe you should have taken a bit longer to assess my post before replying.
    05-09-2013 10:16 AM
    It has 5,000 views because many people like myself, think its hilarious the point to which some will go to prove their point. You are splitting needless hairs here. You state that no one asked the mods to publicly discuss their decisions, yet you call them out and openly question their practices. So what, you are allowed to question it, but since they are mods they aren't allowed to answer? Bait, meet hook. You say that when people disagree with mods they are advised to close down their accounts and leave, but then you say that you never put those words in the mods mouths. You are back pedaling and all its doing is dragging this thread on even further.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    zero neck and bigdaddytee like this.
    05-09-2013 10:43 AM
    I'll just drop this here... Let everyone interpret it how they see fit...

This section, going forward

Thanks.
    Paul627g
    Forums Moderator
    zero neck and bigdaddytee like this.
    05-09-2013 10:50 AM
    It has 5,000 views because many people like myself, think its hilarious the point to which some will go to prove their point. You are splitting needless hairs here. You state that no one asked the mods to publicly discuss their decisions, yet you call them out and openly question their practices. So what, you are allowed to question it, but since they are mods they aren't allowed to answer? Bait, meet hook. You say that when people disagree with mods they are advised to close down their accounts and leave, but then you say that you never put those words in the mods mouths. You are back pedaling and all its doing is dragging this thread on even further.

"Yesterday, 01:33 PM
    JHBThree
    Seriously, just leave. Delete your account and go."
    05-09-2013 10:56 AM
    "Yesterday, 01:33 PM
    JHBThree
    Seriously, just leave. Delete your account and go."
    I may be mistaken, but JHBThree isn't a mod, is he?

05-09-2013 11:00 AM

Correct. JHBThree is not a moderator.

If your viewing these forums using Tapatalk or AC Forum App it does not show who is and isn't a moderator like in full browser/desktop.

FWIW, we have also requested in future updates of the new AC App that is added so members can see by some sort of identification that a post is from a moderator.
    Topgonzo and bigdaddytee like this.
    05-09-2013 11:07 AM
    Correct. JHBThree is not a moderator.

If your viewing these forums using Tapatalk or AC Forum App it does not show who is and isn't a moderator like in full browser/desktop.

FWIW, we have also requested in future updates of the new AC App that is added so members can see by some sort of identification that a post is from a moderator.
    That sounds like a very useful feature. Like a ribbon or something below your profile picture, or a badge beside your name on the forums :-)

05-09-2013 11:09 AM

You are not mistaken.

Now please provide a source of my saying "The mods tell you to close your account and leave." I did not say that. Your personal interpretation of the sentence is not a factual rendering of the sentence. Show me the quote.
    05-09-2013 11:14 AM
    You are not mistaken.

Now please provide a source of my saying "The mods tell you to close your account and leave." I did not say that. Your personal interpretation of the sentence is not a factual rendering of the sentence. Show me the quote.
    Touche, but splitting hairs. Sorry for my assumption.

05-09-2013 11:17 AM
    Everyone. Please. See. This. Post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post2769409

Share the love and respect people. The AC forums are a friendly, welcoming place, and I intend to keep them that way.
    [B]James Falconer[/B]
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: [URL="mailto:james@mobilenations.com"]james@mobilenations.com[/URL]
    Twitter: [URL="http://www.twitter.com/JamesFalconer"]@JamesFalconer[/URL]
    05-09-2013 11:19 AM
    Ok folks, the ground rules have been laid out and I will enforce them.

Posts will be deleted and members handled appropriately from here on forward and I will not give any public explanation as to why other than the obvious reason of a problem existing.

Have a nice day.
    Topgonzo, warpdrive, tohio and 7 others like this.
    05-09-2013 11:21 AM
    I like mine with butter. The THC binds to the fat molecules better than it does with cream
    Bulletproof coffee, I think you'll like it. If you add anything beyond the grass fed butter and MCT oil, that's on you my friend... http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-t...r-morning-too/

Posted via Android Central App
    05-12-2013 03:33 AM
    To start with I have owned them all. The iPhone to iPhone 5 the gs3-gs4 the inspire to the htc one. I really like the htc, the feel in the hand, quality of sound is amazing the colors and accuracy of the screen. But as I type the galaxy s4 is my primary device. I like the stock GUI. The feel of lacking settings on the htc drove me to the feature filled gs4. I also prefer the camera for every day. I just wish it was as good as the htc one in low light. I have not sold the htc one due to the refinement and quality. Who knows I might just make it my main device next week.
    05-14-2013 11:22 PM
242 ... 8910