05-14-2013 11:22 PM
242 1234 ...
tools
    Great answer, a thread isn't generating the responses you want so shut it down. That's what the Cowboy did with the lag thread. Eric, silencing people you don't agree with is not how we do things in this country.
    No, I locked it because I'm tired of interacting with people like you.

This thread is another classic example of what people like you can do to a discussion. You make these forums worse by just being here. Normal, well adjusted people don't act like you and others like you.

Now be sure to get the last word, as that's what people like you care about. I won't be back, and apologize to a few people in the S4 forums for the horrible mess it has turned into because you and others like you are allowed to run roughshod through it.
    ffejjj, Aquila, isitme and 4 others like this.
    05-07-2013 08:55 PM
    No, I locked it because I'm tired of interacting with people like you.

This thread is another classic example of what people like you can do to a discussion. You make these forums worse by just being here. Normal, well adjusted people don't act like you and others like you.

Now be sure to get the last word, as that's what people like you care about. I won't be back, and apologize to a few people in the S4 forums for the horrible mess it has turned into because you and others like you are allowed to run roughshod through it.
    Just one question, do you think it is professional and shows an unbiased view for an Editor to "slag" some people who own a particular phone on this site. I know you won't respond but by your slagging statement you lend credence that you have bias toward a phone or that phone's owners.
    05-07-2013 09:12 PM
    First let me say I applaud our editorial staff for coming into the forums and stepping away from their daily blog duties. Now because Jerry makes a comment towards the way some have reacted to opinions and views of a certain device he becomes the target because he's " Staff ".

Aside from our daily routine of writers, moderators and ambassadors we are smartphone enthusiasts just like you and deserve from time to time to have a voice or opinion. But to some people that is considered wrong for a Moderator or Editor to have a voice, and we take the heat for it.

So go ahead and keep shunning the editors like Phil, Alex & Jerry when they join in on the fun. All your doing is shutting out the guys that probably know these devices the best when its all they do day in and day out is eat, breathe and sleep Android. If it was me which I do, I listen up when they have something to say because I know they take great pride in what they do and there is nothing worse than folks that come along and attempt to troll or derail threads they get involved in and then turn around and claim that AC is bias.

Just my two cents...
    05-07-2013 09:53 PM
    But how am I supposed to enjoy a forum if everyone doesn't have the exact same opinion I have? If everyone isn't just like me, they must be morons.
    05-07-2013 10:31 PM
    Just one question, do you think it is professional and shows an unbiased view for an Editor to "slag" some people who own a particular phone on this site. I know you won't respond but by your slagging statement you lend credence that you have bias toward a phone or that phone's owners.
    He's not slagging all S4 owners. He's slagging people like you.

Also, since when are moderators/editors not allowed to have opinions? Of all people on this site, their opinions should mean MORE than some random forum dweller. They handle all of these phones, and if they don't, they talk to people frequently that do. They also know a hell of a lot more than your average person about android, and of the different handsets available. So what if their opinion isn't the same as yours. Who cares. If you're that attached to your phone, hit the bricks.
    05-07-2013 10:39 PM
    I recently went over to Android from the iPhone 5 and was really surprised at how much infighting and back-biting there is here between Android phone users. Just caught me a little off-guard, I guess.
    cckgz4, bigdaddytee and ICEmayne like this.
    05-07-2013 10:46 PM
    I recently went over to Android from the iPhone 5 and was really surprised at how much infighting and back-biting there is here between Android phone users. Just caught me a little off-guard, I guess.
    LOL, you and me both. Before I got interested in android phones, I thought "fandroids" just trolled apple sites. Hell, they troll anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% that whatever phone they support is "the best of the best of the best, Sir.... "- will smith

I am buying S4 for me, and HTC One for my wife and keeping my iPhone, guess I will be hated by EVERYONE...
    cckgz4, ScottsoNJ, natehoy and 2 others like this.
    05-08-2013 12:01 AM
    And honestly, it's completely ridiculous. The in-fighting trolls are acting like little girls who are mad because they aren't the prettiest one in the room.
    05-08-2013 12:01 AM
    The point of the matter is "Be your own reviewer"
    Who care what others think, the only difference between what you think and what a blogger thinks is that they are sharing their views with hundreds of people, but at the end of the day, everyone is their own reviewer. Don't let other people's reviews influence your own...BE YOUR OWN REVIEWER

I'm sure if some of yall had your own blog sites, youl would be going through the same problems and debates, and hate these established bloggers do, but at the end of the day, the sky is still blue and the grass is still green, I still have my S4, and others have the phones of their choice...Be Your Own Reviewer
    "Be Your Own Reviewer" coming from the guy that created a thread that listed opinions as facts as to why the S4 is better than the One... Haha.

Meh, you're missing the larger picture Eric. It's their site, they can have any bias they want. The problem that many peeps have is that they lay the heavy hand on the S4 both in criticism and in calling out S4 posters. Kevin and Jerry feel free to slag the S4 in the S4 forums and then complain about this firestorm they created. They are intelligent men and have to know what their posts will generate. Even more is the moderators openly advocating for the One, engaging in flame wars against the S4 owners and then handing out demerits like we are in kindergarten. If AC is going to have moderators, they should moderate, not actively engage in argument for one side.
    Again, why is it you think moderators have to be unbiased? Their job is moderate, and one does not have to be indifferent to moderate, which you have proven in countless posts that you simply don't understand. There is nothing wrong with moderators engaging users on the site for the sake of discussion and sharing thoughts and opinions. You consistently, annoyingly attack that Kevin user, and for what purpose? You disagree with each other, yet he isn't banning you for having a different opinion. He isn't altering your posts or harassing you. He simply voiced his opinion and you have thrown a tantrum about it for weeks. I say again, having an opinion does not mean one cannot moderate effectively.

There a rules of how to conduct oneself on this forum, and all the moderators here do a fairly decent job at upholding those rules, and I've never been under the impression their integrity should be called into question simply because they happen to be humans with opinions.

Side note: Typed via Nexus 4, not proofreading my composition, my apologies.
    05-08-2013 12:09 AM
    So not only do y'all fight the competition, y'all fight each other? Hilarious.

Sent from my Optimus G, the one everyone overlooked
    05-08-2013 01:29 AM
    Remember, they're just phones! Who cares what someone else likes? I work with a guy whole still uses a flip phone. And he likes it. Apparently, its serves his purposes. And isn't that what matters? Choices equates to competition, which equates to a benefit for the consumer. I have an imac, but don't like the iPhone. I have the HTC One, but could have easily pulled the trigger on the GS4. All great products. Pick the one you like, and enjoy it!
    Or my Dad who hates any form of technology...
    05-08-2013 04:51 AM
    So not only do y'all fight the competition, y'all fight each other? Hilarious.

Sent from my Optimus G, the one everyone overlooked
    This, at least where I am right now, is America! If there is no one to fight, we fight ourselves! Know why we fought the civil war? Europe was too busy to come fight us again and we get cranky if we go too long without at least a good face punch.
    chesalaam likes this.
    05-08-2013 05:51 AM
    First let me say I applaud our editorial staff for coming into the forums and stepping away from their daily blog duties. Now because Jerry makes a comment towards the way some have reacted to opinions and views of a certain device he becomes the target because he's " Staff ".

Aside from our daily routine of writers, moderators and ambassadors we are smartphone enthusiasts just like you and deserve from time to time to have a voice or opinion. But to some people that is considered wrong for a Moderator or Editor to have a voice, and we take the heat for it.

So go ahead and keep shunning the editors like Phil, Alex & Jerry when they join in on the fun. All your doing is shutting out the guys that probably know these devices the best when its all they do day in and day out is eat, breathe and sleep Android. If it was me which I do, I listen up when they have something to say because I know they take great pride in what they do and there is nothing worse than folks that come along and attempt to troll or derail threads they get involved in and then turn around and claim that AC is bias.

Just my two cents...
    That last paragraph is the important one. Realistically, we're all here to talk about Android and many of us follow the pulse closely trying to stay on the inside scoop. The people who actually have the information should be encouraged to share as much as they can responsibly, and that includes honest appraisal of devices.

Little known secret: The S4 is not the best device that will ever be made. Neither is the HTC One. They're both strong contenders for the top 5 that are available on the market as of 5:54 AM CST on May 8th, 2013. Give it a week or a month and that might change, give it 6 months and they'll be fighting to stay in the top 10. That's how this works. The most important spec on any device is, "this is the one I wanted". Given that it's 100% subjective, why would we ever get angry because someone chose differently? Do you drive down the highway screaming at all the idiots that bought a Ford this year?

Here's what I want to know from the reviewers: What's good about it, what's bad about it, and how do you feel it stacks up to the competition. Why would you only want to know the first part? The first one tells you the value, the second the cost and the third provides context to the opportunity cost.

Consider IF the HTC One is better, would you prefer they called them equal just because they were announced within a few weeks of each other? I'd rather get the news straight. The real bias would be to review them separately and then call them equal, if that was dishonest and being done for political reasons, not because they are actually equal. That's negatively favoring the inferior.
    05-08-2013 06:00 AM
    How is he slagging S4 users? He is stating an opinion on his personal choice of phone, but since its not an S4 he is is slagging S4 users? This is pretty intense around here. I personal chose the One, had a serious mental debate about switching to the S4, I enjoy reading both forums because I am a fan of both devices, but it doesn't bother me that some people like the S4 or the One, its personal choice.

At my work there are three people already with One's and 4 with S4's we don't hate each other as a result, actually we collaborate and ask each other questions about each device to see how they compare for specific activities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Aquila, barryl85 and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-08-2013 06:06 AM
    How is he slagging S4 users? He is stating an opinion on his personal choice of phone, but since its not an S4 he is is slagging S4 users? This is pretty intense around here. I personal chose the One, had a serious mental debate about switching to the S4, I enjoy reading both forums because I am a fan of both devices, but it doesn't bother me that some people like the S4 or the One, its personal choice.

At my work there are three people already 3 with One's and 4 with S4's we don't hate each other as a result, actually we collaborate and ask each other questions about each device to see how they compare for specific activities.

I was totally with you and in full agreement until I saw "sent from my iPad". You are little better than an Ape! THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!

JK, I still agree with you.
    barryl85 likes this.
    05-08-2013 06:08 AM
    I was totally with you and in full agreement until I saw "sent from my iPad". You are little better than an Ape! THIS IS WAR!!!!

JK, I still agree with you.
    I could have posted it from my nexus 7 lol, see I am a fan of technology and not bound to any specific brand. I like what I like and could care less I'd some one does not agree, I also have an iPhone 5 currently serving as a paper weight on my desk

Aquila and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-08-2013 06:12 AM
    "Be Your Own Reviewer" coming from the guy that created a thread that listed opinions as facts as to why the S4 is better than the One... Haha.

Again, why is it you think moderators have to be unbiased? Their job is moderate, and one does not have to be indifferent to moderate, which you have proven in countless posts that you simply don't understand. There is nothing wrong with moderators engaging users on the site for the sake of discussion and sharing thoughts and opinions. You consistently, annoyingly attack that Kevin user, and for what purpose? You disagree with each other, yet he isn't banning you for having a different opinion. He isn't altering your posts or harassing you. He simply voiced his opinion and you have thrown a tantrum about it for weeks. I say again, having an opinion does not mean one cannot moderate effectively.

There a rules of how to conduct oneself on this forum, and all the moderators here do a fairly decent job at upholding those rules, and I've never been under the impression their integrity should be called into question simply because they happen to be humans with opinions.

Side note: Typed via Nexus 4, not proofreading my composition, my apologies.
    There's just as much trolling in the One forums and the same kind of flame wars over there but the mods are not even handed. The mods don't weigh in on the many obvious flaws with the One but choose instead to incite in the s4 forums and then throw their hands up in shock and horror that some people take exception to their tactics. Jerry knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he created his post. He knew that by expressing his preference for the One in an S4 forum there would be reaction.

This isn't about his or Kevin's right to an opinion in the slightest. I respect and appreciate their opinions but wish they were more even handed in criticism of phones and users.
    tohio likes this.
    05-08-2013 06:50 AM
    I thought I was going to have a massively tough decision choosing the S4 over the One - I came from an S3 (previously iPhone 4) but in reality when I used the HTC One I wasn't impressed by many things especially Sense, the smaller screen and the build quality was terrible on the handset I had in my hand the speaker grills weren't aligned perfectly and I hated the buttons they wiggled about just lightly brushing past them and they are also for me stupidly flush with the device. The aluminium was nice and I liked the way the edges leaned towards the screen but I don't see the big deal with the design I actually don't think it's good looking in the slightest - in fact it looks like the BB10!

The other big thing about it is the speakers as that's what I was really interested in - those front facing stereo speakers, they are loud but IMO useless for anything other than when your phone rings. I thought to myself when would I seriously use them and actually need them and it was only if I was showing someone a video or similar but with everyone having smartphones I tend to just text people a link to watch on there own device. I also use earphones for everything regarding media playback just like the majority of phone users.

If i'm honest I may have been over critical of the device and not because I was sold on the S4 already but because of how over hyped it is and I really mean that it truly is. I was a bit let down with it once I used it. This is however HTC's greatest ever handset.

I love the S4's design its stunning as its just all screen and that IMO is better than having speakers on the front, since when did a minimalistic and sleek design become something that's worse? Tiny bezel, edge to edge glass (I was happy it was flat glass instead of curved this time round), the device is extremely thin which I like. I also have no problems with the plastic construction especially since I can whip the back off and insert my 64gb Micro SD card. The physical home button is great, I much prefer it to a capacitive home button and I like the physical power and volume buttons to that on the HTC One. Lastly I know i'm in the minority but I like touchwiz and many of the Samsung software - they really make it easy out of the box to do many things especially DLNA features.

These are only my opinions I couldn't care if someone else thinks differently because that's my hands on experience with the One and the S4, these opinions let me see the Galaxy S4 was definitely the device for me. If the S4 didn't exist I would be an HTC One owner.

I see no reason for people to "slag off" or "hate" on others for there choice it's almost like you are trying to justify yours by doing so, I do however think comparisons are interesting but feeling you are a cut above the other person because of the phone you own is ridiculous. What you need to remember is that both phones are priced similar so if the person you are slagging wanted the device you own they would have bought it.
    madlaw1071, kleeno and ScandaLeX like this.
    05-08-2013 07:06 AM
    Anyone buying an android over an iphone is a win for the android community
    madlaw1071 and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-08-2013 07:35 AM
    I think this thread has done a good job outlining that one phone isn't better than another, but rather, which phone matches your highest priorities best. I still haven't figured out what I value the most, but what I am still in question about is, how hackable are these two phones?

I am currently on Verizon but considering all options since Verizon makes it difficult to hack anything except for the Nexus. Would the S4 be more hackable and have more dev support because of its similarities and popularity with its sister phones?
    05-08-2013 08:35 AM
    I'm pretty much new to the android central forums but not android itself. I do lot of video gaming and this reminds me of the battlefield 3 vs call of duty or alpha protocol vs splinter cell whenever I see the ONE vs s4 threads and some of you people on here can far worst at times. The way I'm looking looking at is that the perception is s4 is the smartphone version of cod doing nothing new but just re-skinned it with gimmicks which is not true by any means in my own opinion. I will add more later on my bus stop is coming up so sorry for the incomplete post

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    05-08-2013 08:39 AM
    Addressing The One/S4 "Bias" At Android Central-photo-5-8-13-8.47-am.jpg

HATE ALL THE PHONEZ.

Folks need to chill. The HTC One appeared to get more love because it was first, and it landed at a relatively dead time, and because it was a bigger departure from previous HTC phones on the software side as well as all Android phones on the hardware side.

We're gonna cover the **** out of the GS4, just like we did the GS3. Remember that when folks start complaining about how many GS4 stories we're doing. Or how they might seem to be too simple, never mind that a buttload of first-time smartphone owners will be picking up a GS4.
    05-08-2013 08:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 5-8-13 at 8.47 AM.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	67462

HATE ALL THE PHONEZ.

Folks need to chill. The HTC One appeared to get more love because it was first, and it landed at a relatively dead time, and because it was a bigger departure from previous HTC phones on the software side as well as all Android phones on the hardware side.

We're gonna cover the **** out of the GS4, just like we did the GS3. Remember that when folks start complaining about how many GS4 stories we're doing. Or how they might seem to be too simple, never mind that a buttload of first-time smartphone owners will be picking up a GS4.
    I remember all the love you gave the Nexus when it debuted, and now it doesn't even make it into your top four in a picture...

I'm tearing up.

Also, you're biased and now I can never trust you again.
    Aquila and msndrstood like this.
    05-08-2013 08:59 AM
    I slag S4 users, because frankly many of them deserve it.
    Unfotunately, so do many of the One users. Are you an equal opportunity flamer?
    05-08-2013 09:07 AM
    Unfotunately, so do many of the One users. Are you an equal opportunity flamer?
    That is precisely my ONLY issue with the AC team, perceived lack of even handedness.
    tohio likes this.
    05-08-2013 09:11 AM
242 1234 ...