Addressing The One/S4 "Bias" At Android Central

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So an Editor of an Android site "slags" one group of phone users who are members of the site? The words professional and unbiased do not come to mind.

Yeeeeah...the entire point of my thread kind of got missed on both sides. I'd suggest locking this before it gets ugly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeeeeah...the entire point of my thread kind of got missed on both sides. I'd suggest locking this before it gets ugly.

Great answer, a thread isn't generating the responses you want so shut it down. That's what the Cowboy did with the lag thread. Eric, silencing people you don't agree with is not how we do things in this country.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Great answer, a thread isn't generating the responses you want so shut it down. That's what the Cowboy did with the lag thread. Eric, silencing people you don't agree with is not how we do things in this country.

Then by all means, have at it. It's pointless, but oh well.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Once again it's refreshing to see adults having pissing contests over phones.
Curious, how much stock do you guys own of Samsung and Apple.
I bet the shareholders are pissing thier pants laughing about the sheep fighting. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Samsung shares are not listed on any major US Exchange so hard to get unless you want to buy the pinks at about 1300 a share! Gotta love owning Google and Apple stock though!

Just trying to lighten the mood!

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

We certainly are free to at least ignore people that aren't contributing anything useful to the topic at hand. But some people don't get it and continues to spew crap everywhere and they get burned.

My phone is a good One!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

No, I locked it because I'm tired of interacting with people like you.

This thread is another classic example of what people like you can do to a discussion. You make these forums worse by just being here. Normal, well adjusted people don't act like you and others like you.

Now be sure to get the last word, as that's what people like you care about. I won't be back, and apologize to a few people in the S4 forums for the horrible mess it has turned into because you and others like you are allowed to run roughshod through it.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No, I locked it because I'm tired of interacting with people like you.

This thread is another classic example of what people like you can do to a discussion. You make these forums worse by just being here. Normal, well adjusted people don't act like you and others like you.

Now be sure to get the last word, as that's what people like you care about. I won't be back, and apologize to a few people in the S4 forums for the horrible mess it has turned into because you and others like you are allowed to run roughshod through it.

Just one question, do you think it is professional and shows an unbiased view for an Editor to "slag" some people who own a particular phone on this site. I know you won't respond but by your slagging statement you lend credence that you have bias toward a phone or that phone's owners.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First let me say I applaud our editorial staff for coming into the forums and stepping away from their daily blog duties. Now because Jerry makes a comment towards the way some have reacted to opinions and views of a certain device he becomes the target because he's " Staff ".

Aside from our daily routine of writers, moderators and ambassadors we are smartphone enthusiasts just like you and deserve from time to time to have a voice or opinion. But to some people that is considered wrong for a Moderator or Editor to have a voice, and we take the heat for it.

So go ahead and keep shunning the editors like Phil, Alex & Jerry when they join in on the fun. All your doing is shutting out the guys that probably know these devices the best when its all they do day in and day out is eat, breathe and sleep Android. If it was me which I do, I listen up when they have something to say because I know they take great pride in what they do and there is nothing worse than folks that come along and attempt to troll or derail threads they get involved in and then turn around and claim that AC is bias.

Just my two cents...

ashykat

May 21, 2010
Visit site
But how am I supposed to enjoy a forum if everyone doesn't have the exact same opinion I have? If everyone isn't just like me, they must be morons.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just one question, do you think it is professional and shows an unbiased view for an Editor to "slag" some people who own a particular phone on this site. I know you won't respond but by your slagging statement you lend credence that you have bias toward a phone or that phone's owners.

He's not slagging all S4 owners. He's slagging people like you.

Also, since when are moderators/editors not allowed to have opinions? Of all people on this site, their opinions should mean MORE than some random forum dweller. They handle all of these phones, and if they don't, they talk to people frequently that do. They also know a hell of a lot more than your average person about android, and of the different handsets available. So what if their opinion isn't the same as yours. Who cares. If you're that attached to your phone, hit the bricks.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I recently went over to Android from the iPhone 5 and was really surprised at how much infighting and back-biting there is here between Android phone users. Just caught me a little off-guard, I guess.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently went over to Android from the iPhone 5 and was really surprised at how much infighting and back-biting there is here between Android phone users. Just caught me a little off-guard, I guess.

LOL, you and me both. Before I got interested in android phones, I thought "fandroids" just trolled apple sites. Hell, they troll anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% that whatever phone they support is "the best of the best of the best, Sir.... "- will smith

I am buying S4 for me, and HTC One for my wife and keeping my iPhone, guess I will be hated by EVERYONE... :(

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

And honestly, it's completely ridiculous. The in-fighting trolls are acting like little girls who are mad because they aren't the prettiest one in the room.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The point of the matter is "Be your own reviewer"
Who care what others think, the only difference between what you think and what a blogger thinks is that they are sharing their views with hundreds of people, but at the end of the day, everyone is their own reviewer. Don't let other people's reviews influence your own...BE YOUR OWN REVIEWER

I'm sure if some of yall had your own blog sites, youl would be going through the same problems and debates, and hate these established bloggers do, but at the end of the day, the sky is still blue and the grass is still green, I still have my S4, and others have the phones of their choice...Be Your Own Reviewer

"Be Your Own Reviewer" coming from the guy that created a thread that listed opinions as facts as to why the S4 is better than the One... Haha.

Meh, you're missing the larger picture Eric. It's their site, they can have any bias they want. The problem that many peeps have is that they lay the heavy hand on the S4 both in criticism and in calling out S4 posters. Kevin and Jerry feel free to slag the S4 in the S4 forums and then complain about this firestorm they created. They are intelligent men and have to know what their posts will generate. Even more is the moderators openly advocating for the One, engaging in flame wars against the S4 owners and then handing out demerits like we are in kindergarten. If AC is going to have moderators, they should moderate, not actively engage in argument for one side.

Again, why is it you think moderators have to be unbiased? Their job is moderate, and one does not have to be indifferent to moderate, which you have proven in countless posts that you simply don't understand. There is nothing wrong with moderators engaging users on the site for the sake of discussion and sharing thoughts and opinions. You consistently, annoyingly attack that Kevin user, and for what purpose? You disagree with each other, yet he isn't banning you for having a different opinion. He isn't altering your posts or harassing you. He simply voiced his opinion and you have thrown a tantrum about it for weeks. I say again, having an opinion does not mean one cannot moderate effectively.

There a rules of how to conduct oneself on this forum, and all the moderators here do a fairly decent job at upholding those rules, and I've never been under the impression their integrity should be called into question simply because they happen to be humans with opinions.

Side note: Typed via Nexus 4, not proofreading my composition, my apologies.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
So not only do y'all fight the competition, y'all fight each other? Hilarious.

Sent from my Optimus G, the one everyone overlooked

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, they're just phones! Who cares what someone else likes? I work with a guy whole still uses a flip phone. And he likes it. Apparently, its serves his purposes. And isn't that what matters? Choices equates to competition, which equates to a benefit for the consumer. I have an imac, but don't like the iPhone. I have the HTC One, but could have easily pulled the trigger on the GS4. All great products. Pick the one you like, and enjoy it!

Or my Dad who hates any form of technology...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So not only do y'all fight the competition, y'all fight each other? Hilarious.

Sent from my Optimus G, the one everyone overlooked

This, at least where I am right now, is America! If there is no one to fight, we fight ourselves! Know why we fought the civil war? Europe was too busy to come fight us again and we get cranky if we go too long without at least a good face punch. :confused:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
First let me say I applaud our editorial staff for coming into the forums and stepping away from their daily blog duties. Now because Jerry makes a comment towards the way some have reacted to opinions and views of a certain device he becomes the target because he's " Staff ".

Aside from our daily routine of writers, moderators and ambassadors we are smartphone enthusiasts just like you and deserve from time to time to have a voice or opinion. But to some people that is considered wrong for a Moderator or Editor to have a voice, and we take the heat for it.

So go ahead and keep shunning the editors like Phil, Alex & Jerry when they join in on the fun. All your doing is shutting out the guys that probably know these devices the best when its all they do day in and day out is eat, breathe and sleep Android. If it was me which I do, I listen up when they have something to say because I know they take great pride in what they do and there is nothing worse than folks that come along and attempt to troll or derail threads they get involved in and then turn around and claim that AC is bias.

Just my two cents...

That last paragraph is the important one. Realistically, we're all here to talk about Android and many of us follow the pulse closely trying to stay on the inside scoop. The people who actually have the information should be encouraged to share as much as they can responsibly, and that includes honest appraisal of devices.

Little known secret: The S4 is not the best device that will ever be made. Neither is the HTC One. They're both strong contenders for the top 5 that are available on the market as of 5:54 AM CST on May 8th, 2013. Give it a week or a month and that might change, give it 6 months and they'll be fighting to stay in the top 10. That's how this works. The most important spec on any device is, "this is the one I wanted". Given that it's 100% subjective, why would we ever get angry because someone chose differently? Do you drive down the highway screaming at all the idiots that bought a Ford this year?

Here's what I want to know from the reviewers: What's good about it, what's bad about it, and how do you feel it stacks up to the competition. Why would you only want to know the first part? The first one tells you the value, the second the cost and the third provides context to the opportunity cost.

Consider IF the HTC One is better, would you prefer they called them equal just because they were announced within a few weeks of each other? I'd rather get the news straight. The real bias would be to review them separately and then call them equal, if that was dishonest and being done for political reasons, not because they are actually equal. That's negatively favoring the inferior.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
How is he slagging S4 users? He is stating an opinion on his personal choice of phone, but since its not an S4 he is is slagging S4 users? This is pretty intense around here. I personal chose the One, had a serious mental debate about switching to the S4, I enjoy reading both forums because I am a fan of both devices, but it doesn't bother me that some people like the S4 or the One, its personal choice.

At my work there are three people already with One's and 4 with S4's we don't hate each other as a result, actually we collaborate and ask each other questions about each device to see how they compare for specific activities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How is he slagging S4 users? He is stating an opinion on his personal choice of phone, but since its not an S4 he is is slagging S4 users? This is pretty intense around here. I personal chose the One, had a serious mental debate about switching to the S4, I enjoy reading both forums because I am a fan of both devices, but it doesn't bother me that some people like the S4 or the One, its personal choice.

At my work there are three people already 3 with One's and 4 with S4's we don't hate each other as a result, actually we collaborate and ask each other questions about each device to see how they compare for specific activities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was totally with you and in full agreement until I saw "sent from my iPad". You are little better than an Ape! THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!

JK, I still agree with you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay