I'm having trouble with my S4 lagging some times. I noticed that my ram status is 1.69GB/1.78GB used. I have only 2 applications listed under my "active applications" (Advanced task killer shows 7). This happens when my phone is on for 2+ days without being restarted. I have ATK to automatically kill some apps every half hour, in case I open the application, or in case it opens on its own. When I "clear memory" from the S4 task manager menu (holding the menu button down), a few applications will close, but memory may only go down to 1.5gb/1.78gb or so, and that's being optimistic. Does anyone know why so much memory is being used and why I can't free it up? I use a lot of applications, but I try to close them with the task killer when I'm done. Also, I'm on Sprint if that makes any difference.
    05-07-2013 04:22 PM
    I have noticed my Ram being fairly used up as well with my Sprint GS4. Not sure what the issue is but I hope it gets solved soon.
    05-07-2013 05:01 PM
    I'm having trouble with my S4 lagging some times. I noticed that my ram status is 1.69GB/1.78GB used. I have only 2 applications listed under my "active applications" (Advanced task killer shows 7). This happens when my phone is on for 2+ days without being restarted. I have ATK to automatically kill some apps every half hour, in case I open the application, or in case it opens on its own. When I "clear memory" from the S4 task manager menu (holding the menu button down), a few applications will close, but memory may only go down to 1.5gb/1.78gb or so, and that's being optimistic. Does anyone know why so much memory is being used and why I can't free it up? I use a lot of applications, but I try to close them with the task killer when I'm done. Also, I'm on Sprint if that makes any difference.
    It's all the bloatware

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    05-07-2013 05:09 PM
    All task managers are useless(you can even Google the topic). The later versions of android manage the ram better than 3rd party task managers. As to the amount of ram being used, android uses more ram when it is available. For example if the phone had 5gb of ram it would probably be using 3gb of it. It will automatically adjust when you are running more apps.This way the ram is being used and not wasted, instead of saving more ram for apps you may not be running.

As to the lag, most people are saying that if you turn off the eye tracking features as well as S-voice it will stop the lag. I have an S3 and if I turn on S-voice there is a slight lag.
    05-07-2013 05:14 PM
    Uninstall the task killer. Problem solved.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-07-2013 07:59 PM