Hi All:

the cell phone handset and the kitchen sponge are the 2 most dirty objects we own, according to many studies i've read. this has been repeatedly talked about and i can understand why!

as such, i want to be able to clean my cell phone, if not daily, maybe every other day. coming home after a long day, hands have touched everything, door knobs, handles, money, and then we grab our cell phones.

May i ask what is the best way to clean and disinfect our cell phones?

i've thought of using those wet wipes (round plastic dispenser containers, in a roll form inside) from Clorox wet wipes, they don't seem that strong.

i've also thought of using Alcohol Pads (those tiny 1" x 1" square little thin alcohol pads available from any drug store, many use these to wipe oral thermometers when they're sick).

Windex and paper towels?

What might be least hurtful to the phone yet still effective in disinfecting and cleaning? Thanks in advance.
    05-07-2013 07:33 PM
    I don't clean my phone with anything other than a cloth... and I get sick 1-2 times a year tops with something small like a cold or flu.

I don't understand all this germaphobe stuff.
    chuckh0308 likes this.
    05-07-2013 08:00 PM
    I remember some hype Zagg was selling and at one point was giving it away - some sort of anti-germ foam cleaner. Bs if you ask me. Wash you hands and clean your device with a microfiber cloth and a little glass cleaner - nothing with ammonia in it though. And spray the cleaner on the cloth - not on the device.

I clean mine probably twice a day. I'm not a germaphobe but a simple cleaning rids it of fingerprints, oils, etc.
    05-07-2013 09:04 PM
    I always use alcohol and cotton balls

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Topgonzo likes this.
    05-07-2013 09:12 PM
    A little glass cleaner on the screen and the back one in a while...unless someone wants to use the phone then I rub it on my junk...
    05-07-2013 09:56 PM
    I've used Clorox wipes on my current phone many many times with no problems. (I don't have the S4 yet thanks to Verizon.)
    05-07-2013 09:58 PM
    A little glass cleaner on the screen and the back one in a while...unless someone wants to use the phone then I rub it on my junk...
    I've always understood to not use any chemical cleaner of any kind on the screen, because it removes the oleophobic coating. Use a dry microfiber cloth and nothing else. Maybe water if you have some serious grime on the screen.
    05-07-2013 10:03 PM
    I've used Clorox wipes on my current phone many many times with no problems. (I don't have the S4 yet thanks to Verizon.)
    I should add that I keep a TPU case and a clear screen protector on my phone at all times - so really, THAT is what I am cleaning with the Clorox, not the phone itself.
    05-07-2013 10:05 PM
    Alcohol swabs aren't great at killing germs, but will move them around. Hydrogen peroxide is much better at germ killing, but I have no idea if it would be harmful to the phone.
    05-07-2013 10:28 PM
    Leave the germs on. They will help keep your immune system strong. If you sanitize everything constantly you'll just get sick more often. That said, I do clean my phone once every week or two with rubbing alcohol and TP, just to get the grease off. Then I polish it with a microfiber cloth. I wash my case in dish washing soap at the same time. I've never damaged a device with the alcohol.
    TheyStoleMyName likes this.
    05-07-2013 10:32 PM
    Use one of those Micro-Fiber cloths u get from the auto shop...they clean ur phone and make it look like brand new!
    05-07-2013 10:34 PM
    Windex and clorox house hold cleaners can ruin screens. Use rubbing aclohol with s cotton ball or the alcohol wipes to clean it. Alcohol with a concentration of 70% and less will kill germs. Methanol will kill getms too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-07-2013 10:42 PM
    I simply use a soft lint free 100% cotton cloth, and if I'm home, a touch of deionized water (if I'm out, spring water), lightly touch a few areas of screen with slightly damp cloth - then complete by lightly rubbing in circles with dry part of cloth- with phone off, by the way. a few times a week. I would never use anything but a touch of water, but that's just me...

from my gs3
    05-07-2013 11:07 PM
    Put it in the dishwasher
    06-29-2015 09:40 AM
    Do not use anything in a liquid form. Water or any chemical in the phone jack or sd card slot could be bad for your phone or tablet. Moisten a cloth and wipe off the phone. A good cleaner for most things is 1/2 rubbing alcohol, 1/2 water and a couple drops dishwashing detergent. I haven't tried this on my phone but it works great on optics.
    06-30-2015 02:02 PM