I am very new with this android stuff, and this is my first android.

Just got the phone less than a week, and the first couple days I thought the battery was the same as my iPhone 4 regarding the duration x usage, but as I started installing some apps, like, facebook, viber, whatsapp and others, my battery over night was completely drained.

So today I reseted the phone to factory settings, and disabled GPS, and all this cool new sensors, and left enabled only: wi-fi and data mobile, I did not installed any apps yet, just updated the ones already installed.

So now I have 7h and 36min since I completed the charged and the battery is in 41%.

I didnt listen to music today, nor took any pictures, I did made some calls, an average of 20 minutes all of them, and did minor browsing, not much activity at all at the phone.

So this is What I want to know: is this normal? Or my phone is with a problem?

Please have this in mind: go back to the store I bought is out of the question because I bought in a vacation to the US and I am not there anymore.

05-07-2013 06:50 PM
    I'm new to Android / GS4 too and did a little unscientific test. I disabled my GPS, bluetooth, etc, on both my GS4 and my iPhone 4s. Charged them both to 100%, unplugged them and went to bed. Woke up 7 hrs later and my iP4s was at 100% battery, my GS4 at 56% battery

I'm still tinkering with my GS4 trying to minimize the battery usage. I just disabled some bloatware and hoping to get better results. I really like the GS4, just wish it had better battery life.
    05-07-2013 10:10 PM
    Yeah, disable Google Now, and dont allow maps to keep trying to find out your location, it is a battery drainner, that's for sure!
    05-07-2013 10:16 PM