Battery being horrible

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I have an S4 with Rogers, and my battery is horrible
I'll have it locked for 10 minutes, and it'll go down 5 percent. Whenever in use it the battery goes down around 1 percent every 2 minutes, if not more, and even when I'm texting
This happens even with all background tasks closed.
Any advice?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That's strange... I'm in rogers as well... It's 10:05pm right now and I unplugged my phone from its charger this morning before work at about 7:45 am... As of this moment my battery is at 32% remaining with moderate use today... Any chance your battery could be defective?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Android Central Forums

gabidavila

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having some troubles also,

I posted in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/276657-battery-life.html#post2764835

I am very new with this android stuff, and this is my first android.

Just got the phone less than a week, and the first couple days I thought the battery was the same as my iPhone 4 regarding the duration x usage, but as I started installing some apps, like, facebook, viber, whatsapp and others, my battery over night was completely drained.

So today I reseted the phone to factory settings, and disabled GPS, and all this cool new sensors, and left enabled only: wi-fi and data mobile, I did not installed any apps yet, just updated the ones already installed.

So now I have 7h and 36min since I completed the charged and the battery is in 41%.

I didnt listen to music today, nor took any pictures, I did made some calls, an average of 20 minutes all of them, and did minor browsing, not much activity at all at the phone.

So this is What I want to know: is this normal? Or my phone is with a problem?

Please have this in mind: go back to the store I bought is out of the question because I bought in a vacation to the US and I am not there anymore.

Thanks.

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was looking through settings and I had "force gpu rendering" enabled, which could very well explain why screen on time used so much battery
I disabled sync, and am going to unplug my phone tonight, and see what battery it's at in the morning

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my battery life.
Lasted all day yesterday using gps, maps, phone, air gestures, Facebook, apps, and lots more.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368012323972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368012323972.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 47

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
OP... please post your battery screen... it will show what is using your battery.

I will tonight, once the battery gets low again.
I would for yesterday but I had to charge it mid day so the stats would be off, plus I'm not sure if you can check a previous day's battery?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Turn of "Smart Stay", that feature constantly runs and it drains ur battery
I turned mine off and noticing a good difference

Only turn features on when ur using them

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had really good battery life with my phone. Insanely good. However different apps can have a massive negative effect on battery life. Over the years i've just learned which apps to avoid.

Matt Ng

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I'm derailing the topic but I can't help but notice that everybody who posts a screen shot always does so when their phone is at around 3-7%. Isn't it best practice to keep the phone around 20% - 80% since that's what keeps Lithium Ion batteries the healthiest? Thanks!

gabidavila

May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my screen, 20% under a hour, this is a factory reset, no GPS or this cool sensor were enabled.

Screenshot_2013-05-08-10-12-29.png

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am happy with my battery life.
Lasted all day yesterday using gps, maps, phone, air gestures, Facebook, apps, and lots more.

Sent from my amazing Samsung Galaxy S4... there is none better!

These shots are pointless without knowing the screen time.

This is my screen, 20% under a hour, this is a factory reset, no GPS or this cool sensor were enabled.

http://img.davila.blog.br/var/albums/Forums/Screenshot_2013-05-08-10-12-29.png?m=1368056039

Looks like mine. Sucks.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@Cadiloc are you thinking about changing/returning the phone?

I love the phone aside from poor battery life. I'm hoping it will improve. <fingers crossed>

I do get tired of reading posts telling people to turn off settings (GPS, wifi, air view, etc). I have so much turned off at times I might as well have it in airplane mode. What's the point of the features if they make the phone unusable because of the battery?

gabidavila

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I am cheering just like you, but I dont have warranty support, cause I am outside of the US, I bought the extra battery on amazon, I am waiting them to deliver, and I am hoping that the battery is the problem, because if it is the phone, I am f$#@!

benbar21

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's my battery stats:
2013_05_08_19_07_04.png

2013_05_08_19_07_13.png

I charged it to a hundred, unplugged around 130am, and went to sleep. Woke up at 7ish and the phone was down to 96%.

Phone was down to 5% by 7pm, so 12 hours, and I wouldn't say that I used it very much(don't think I had 3 hours of screen time, but I will try to time myself tomorrow, as it's more likely that I am wrong than the phone is)
Also never used maps, so don't know why it used 7% of my battery!

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's my battery stats:
http://s11.postimg.org/z5zchvpgj/2013_05_08_19_07_04.png
http://s7.postimg.org/ia05gj2uz/2013_05_08_19_07_13.png
I charged it to a hundred, unplugged around 130am, and went to sleep. Woke up at 7ish and the phone was down to 96%.

Phone was down to 5% by 7pm, so 12 hours, and I wouldn't say that I used it very much(don't think I had 3 hours of screen time, but I will try to time myself tomorrow, as it's more likely that I am wrong than the phone is)
Also never used maps, so don't know why it used 7% of my battery!

Three hours of screen time is absolutely terrible. My iPhone used to get nearly three times that as I recall. I NEVER had to even THINK about my battery with the iPhone.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had really good battery life with my phone. Insanely good. However different apps can have a massive negative effect on battery life. Over the years i've just learned which apps to avoid.

What are some of your worst offendors

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800