Maximize Your Battery Life - Tips from CNET (VIDEO)

DeerFilm

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I will watch this, thanks. Just a quick question. My battery lasts almost 2 days. Is it bad to charge it every night, even though it is only half charged.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I will watch this, thanks. Just a quick question. My battery lasts almost 2 days. Is it bad to charge it every night, even though it is only half charged.

Your battery lasts how long? Wtf?

And no, it's not bad to charge a lithium ion battery nightly. Every month, just drain it down to zero and fully charge it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

No its not bad to charge it every night, it s good if u do
and does ur battery last 2 days without charging?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sharon..... I wasn't paying attention. What did she say again?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

PaulWog

May 1, 2013
Visit site
No its not bad to charge it every night, it s good if u do
and does ur battery last 2 days without charging?

Very easy if you don't turn on the screen lol. I get 36+ hours on my battery if I leave my phone sitting around except when I text & call & occasionally facebook message. But if I start using it heavily (few hours of gaming, etc), taking some pictures, then it drains a lot quicker.

j0n_8

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone fully charged in the morning (or at 94%) will last me the whole day and at the end of day it will be around 45%. I have used it the next day and it will last me till night around 10+pm and be at around 12%

So my phone can also last 2 days :)

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I must say after a week with the S4 the battery last much longer than the S3. As an example the S3 would be below 20% by 6pm if I didn't do a top up charge doing the day. The S4 has been at 50 - 60% by 6pm with similar usage. Systems other than the screen used up a higher %of the battery in the S3.
So I am thinking not only the larger battery but the android OS has improved battery usage on the S4. Go android. Looking forward to 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

DeerFilm

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I will charge it at night. Then turn it on in the morning around 6:00 am. I am not using many apps, weather channel, email, news, amazon. I also take pictures and make some calls. Then at 10 p.m. at night I shut it off. the next day the battery is a little more then half used, and it will last me until about 8:00 at night. So about 2 days. Way better then any other phone I have used.