Does anyone have Insurance/Protection plan on their phones?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Guess it all depends on what your history is regarding how you take care of your stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been giving AT&T $9.99 a month since they've come out with their mobile protection packs and it's great. Best $10 bucks I spend a month is knowing that if something goes wrong, I'm only out $200, not $700.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think insurance maybe worth it but that also depends who the provider is. I rather deal with square trade than some of the other companies out there.

Now I havent had insurance on my phones for years but the main reason why is because I usually house my phones in otterbox defenders cases. On the night my son was born or morning depending on how you look at it, I was so out of it I had drop my iphone and stepped on it while in that case. Nothing was damage but the case.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Insurance is something you hate to buy, but regret it if you break, lose or get your phone stolen. Its something you hope to never use, but glad when you do have it. Given how much money the carriers rake in I think its too expensive, but cheap enough given the price of Full retail.

Now about that new charge AT&T is going to start sticking us with that will earn them another $500 Million a year that's a crock of shiz.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been giving AT&T $9.99 a month since they've come out with their mobile protection packs and it's great. Best $10 bucks I spend a month is knowing that if something goes wrong, I'm only out $200, not $700.

$240 for two years AND a $200 deductible? Sounds pretty expensive. Have you used it before?

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
$240 for two years AND a $200 deductible? Sounds pretty expensive. Have you used it before?

Twice. Once with my S3 and once with my Note 2 so I guess for me it paid for itself. For what it's worth I just feel more comfortable knowing my phone is covered. I can shell out $10 a month then a $200 deductible a lot easier then if my phone took a dump and I had to drop $700 bucks. I just wouldn't be prepared to spend that kind of money.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Twice. Once with my S3 and once with my Note 2 so I guess for me it paid for itself. For what it's worth I just feel more comfortable knowing my phone is covered. I can shell out $10 a month then a $200 deductible a lot easier then if my phone took a dump and I had to drop $700 bucks. I just wouldn't be prepared to spend that kind of money.

Me too although I have square trade on my Note 2 and S4. I would be up a creek if they were lost or stolen since square trade does not cover that. I got it for my Note 2 mainly because I paid cash, almost 700 for it.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Me too although I have square trade on my Note 2 and S4. I would be up a creek if they were lost or stolen since square trade does not cover that. I got it for my Note 2 mainly because I paid cash, almost 700 for it.

I paid cash for my S3 so I was in the same boat as you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I only buy insurance if I plan to go naked. If I buy a case, I don't get insurance. Usually, I buy a case and haven't had any issues doing it this way. I will never misplace my phone because I always have it with me and I'm always using it. People really need to look into whether or not having insurance or buying protective cases really works for them. I know people, like my father, who have always had insurance but has never lost or broken a phone ever. So the money he has wasted over the years has been tremendous. My wife drops her phone almost daily, but again she has no insurance but uses an Otterbox case and hasn't had to replace her phone. We should all monitor what kind of protection we need. Some may be grossly overpaying for insurance when it isn't needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

pook34

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I only buy insurance if I plan to go naked. If I buy a case, I don't get insurance. Usually, I buy a case and haven't had any issues doing it this way. I will never misplace my phone because I always have it with me and I'm always using it. People really need to look into whether or not having insurance or buying protective cases really works for them. I know people, like my father, who have always had insurance but has never lost or broken a phone ever. So the money he has wasted over the years has been tremendous. My wife drops her phone almost daily, but again she has no insurance but uses an Otterbox case and hasn't had to replace her phone. We should all monitor what kind of protection we need. Some may be grossly overpaying for insurance when it isn't needed.

That's great and all, but here I am 7 months before my upgrade date and my phone has a defect. Warranty expired, always been in a otter box near perfect condition but I'm up a creek!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza