Does anyone have Insurance/Protection plan on their phones?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Samsung S4 (16GB) through Best Buy Mobile.. the sales consultant said if I get their protection plan My phone is completely covered for cracks on the screen, water damage (no theft though).. and up to one battery replacement.. No deductible and unlimited number of incidents.. So I got that..

my issue now is.. I am considering returning the phone for the 32GB version (I originally said I wasn't, but Husband told me to just do it since it's $50 for the extra space - & this is my Mother's Day Gift lol:p ), but through AT&T directly..

but I wanted to know if any of you opted for insurance/protection plan that was similar to what best buy had offered me.

I for the life of me cannot find the e-mail from AT&T that they were offering some kind of insurance for $6.99 extra a month but I remember when I originally got my Note 2 (returned it), they mentioned that they do have insurance plan for water damage/phone crack etc but the deductible was $200 and you were limited on how many accidents could happen (or something like that).

And I don't know if it's worth it to change to the 32GB cause the protection plan I have with best buy sounds too good to leave (cause i'd have to get the 32GB with AT&T since they will not have the 32GB)..

Any input would be greatly appreciated?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Not yet, but I am considering getting the Square Trade protection plan

Samsung Galaxy S Insurance

Thanks a bunch :) I'll look into that - Looks pretty good though - just like the BB one.. has a cheaper deductible than the AT&T one..

I'm still on the fence getting the 32gb or not.. (hassle lol) this would be the 4th time I went back and forth with samsungs and my iPhone (which I don't wanna use at all at this point lol)

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have ocd so I'm very careful with my phones. Never scratched, dropped, dinged, lost a cellphone in 15 years.
For my situation issurance is a waste of $80 a year plus a deductable.:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have ocd so I'm very careful with my phones. Never scratched, dropped, dinged, lost a cellphone in 15 years.
For my situation issurance is a waste of $80 a year plus a deductable.:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

From the look of your avatar, I don't think I'd wanna try and steal your phone lol

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Samsung S4 (16GB) through Best Buy Mobile.. the sales consultant said if I get their protection plan My phone is completely covered for cracks on the screen, water damage (no theft though).. and up to one battery replacement.. No deductible and unlimited number of incidents.. So I got that..

my issue now is.. I am considering returning the phone for the 32GB version (I originally said I wasn't, but Husband told me to just do it since it's $50 for the extra space - & this is my Mother's Day Gift lol:p ), but through AT&T directly..

but I wanted to know if any of you opted for insurance/protection plan that was similar to what best buy had offered me.

I for the life of me cannot find the e-mail from AT&T that they were offering some kind of insurance for $6.99 extra a month but I remember when I originally got my Note 2 (returned it), they mentioned that they do have insurance plan for water damage/phone crack etc but the deductible was $200 and you were limited on how many accidents could happen (or something like that).

And I don't know if it's worth it to change to the 32GB cause the protection plan I have with best buy sounds too good to leave (cause i'd have to get the 32GB with AT&T since they will not have the 32GB)..

Any input would be greatly appreciated?

What a great question!
I too am in the same boat as you. I have recently debated turning in my 16GB S4 and getting the 32 GB. ( I have until tomorrow) I'd just caution you to get what the Best Buy plan covers in writting and compare with AT&T's. I have the AT&T plan and after looking at your post, I found this.

AT&T Smart Controls: AT&T Mobile Insurance

I checked to see what the levels were and right now the S4 is considered Equipment Tier III = $199 deductable. It's still $6.99/mo for insurance but like you, I don't know if AT&T covers water, but they do cover theft. I may have to run to the store and find out exactly the deal is after work today. WIsh you luck.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought phones were covered under Obama care?????

Seriously though, I figure if I break a phone its my fault and i'll deal with it and buy the new latest and greatest phone at that time :)

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I never had insurance for my iPhone 4S and thank goodness nothing happened to it as I was very careful with it too - kept it in it's otterbox case and it's still in pristine condition!

But because this is such an investment for me And Have little ones running around (thank goodness I had applecare on my iPad because they dropped it on accident) so yes If I were to damage my phone it'd be my fault - But I do want to at least have piece of mind that I can easily replace it without having to pay the total cost of the phone - cause I'm not sure about you, I just don't have that kind of money laying around right now..

- - - Updated - - -

Yup I got the $200 deal.... Imo that's a steal for a brand new s4 if you lose or break it.

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

Yea my husband was saying that's not bad considering the phone is close to a grand itself.. so i'm taking that into consideration as well.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I never had insurance for my iPhone 4S and thank goodness nothing happened to it as I was very careful with it too - kept it in it's otterbox case and it's still in pristine condition!

But because this is such an investment for me And Have little ones running around (thank goodness I had applecare on my iPad because they dropped it on accident) so yes If I were to damage my phone it'd be my fault - But I do want to at least have piece of mind that I can easily replace it without having to pay the total cost of the phone - cause I'm not sure about you, I just don't have that kind of money laying around right now..

- - - Updated - - -

Yea my husband was saying that's not bad considering the phone is close to a grand itself.. so i'm taking that into consideration as well.

Idk about a grand but it is like $700 without a contract and that's the 16gb model.

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The BB plan is the best out there because of the unlimited repairs and no deductible. I have it and have always had it. Unfortunately I have had to use it a couple times and it was worth every penny. If you pre pay it is cheaper and if you get rid of your phone you will get a prorated refund.

Prepayment is $170, which is about $7.05 per month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
The BB plan is the best out there because of the unlimited repairs and no deductible. I have it and have always had it. Unfortunately I have had to use it a couple times and it was worth every penny. If you pre pay it is cheaper and if you get rid of your phone you will get a prorated refund.

Prepayment is $170, which is about $7.05 per month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Yes, I was just reading their features (Smartphone & iPhone Protection Plans | Best Budy)

and I didnt know you could pre-pay. I wonder if I can go back instore and change it (instead of paying monthly $9.99)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had square trade on several phones including my current note 2. Have not had a claim but they have good reviews on amazon which is where I buy it from. Only helpful if broken and not lost or stolen. The deductible is $99 which is about what it cost for 2 years.

I have bought many phones at full price so for peace of mind I spent the money. I do not have it on my Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL