Stock SMS and Pop Up

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sprint GS4 here. Why doesn't the screen light up when a text is recieved and what is the benefit of having a sms pop up that you can't access from the lock screen?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint GS4 here. Why doesn't the screen light up when a text is recieved and what is the benefit of having a sms pop up that you can't access from the lock screen?

Agreed. 2 things you may want to look into if you haven't:

1. Install SMS Pop (this is what I have done). It allows for the popup as well as quick reply and other settings as well.
2. Install a different Messaging app (Handcent, GoSMS, Chomp) that includes the above and more.

Android stock messaging apps on all devices are lacking so it's good that we can install some add on or other apps with more functionality. Personally, I'd like the stock app to be better but it is what it is.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. 2 things you may want to look into if you haven't:

1. Install SMS Pop (this is what I have done). It allows for the popup as well as quick reply and other settings as well.
2. Install a different Messaging app (Handcent, GoSMS, Chomp) that includes the above and more.

Android stock messaging apps on all devices are lacking so it's good that we can install some add on or other apps with more functionality. Personally, I'd like the stock app to be better but it is what it is.

I was thinking about SMS Pop. Wouldn't I have 2 pop ups then?

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When it pops up on the screen and a select "close" the sms icon on the screen shows a 1. Even when I go into the sms app and click on the message the 1 is still there. To get it to go away I have to delete the message completly. Hmmmmm.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Popup Notifier. You can set SMS for a quick reply or just a view/close notification option popup, plus add popups for any app that gives off notifications.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The stock pop up works and you can open text app from pop up. All you do is touch the pop up, then it brings up a square down below it, where u swipe inside that square and it will unlock it and bring up the text app. Thanks to clintw22

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The stock pop up works and you can open text app from pop up. All you do is touch the pop up, then it brings up a square down below it, where u swipe inside that square and it will unlock it and bring up the text app. Thanks to clintw22

That's good to know. I wish it had quick reply in the pop up then I'd be good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca