05-24-2013 08:10 PM
191 12345 ...
tools
    Eh. Not worth doing this all over again.
    Oh you mean yourself. "Bash" doesn't really fit, though. "Put in your place" would probably be more accurate.

I like the intentional derailment of this thread by you, though. I'm sure you'll spin it so that someone else is to blame. It was only a thread started by madlaw1071 (someone who's questioned you more than I have) about a comparison that the S4 won.

Like clockwork, just like I said before.
    05-09-2013 12:04 AM
    Couldn't resist.

Note II - Wow
    GS4 - Hmmmmmmm
    One - Hmmm
    IPhone 5 - imagine crickets chirping......

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums
    05-09-2013 12:52 AM
    Eric, it is a sad day that Kevin and Jerry feel the need to start some drama on the s4 forums again. It seems that they are still hurt from earlier today.

At least Phil was a grownup about it earlier. But I'm wondering if I made a mistake on coming back here to this forum. As much as I like the staff here, they clearly feel the need to act childish.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!
    05-09-2013 12:55 AM
    Oh you mean yourself. "Bash" doesn't really fit, though. "Put in your place" would probably be more accurate.

I like the intentional derailment of this thread by you, though. I'm sure you'll spin it so that someone else is to blame. It was only a thread started by madlaw1071 (someone who's questioned you more than I have) about a comparison that the S4 won.

THIS post or THIS post can be credited with the derailment. Funny how I apologized for an off-the-cuff remark, then decided to NOT argue again, yet you still persist, as well as at least one member of your "fan club". You couldn't just take my post as "cool, he doesn't want to argue" and be an adult, could you?

Pushing the limits you are.
    05-09-2013 12:59 AM
    FACT: the galaxy s4 is the third best phone ever made.
    FACT: inside the htc is liquid awesome.
    FACT: the galaxy s4 is made of brittle plastic that melts in your car if you leave the windows closed.
    FACT: the htc one is made of platinanium-uridium which is physically indestructible and so pretty women leave their husbands for them.
    FACT: htc one screens stick out the front just a little bit because htc MEANT IT TO BE THAT WAY because ITS BETTER than being flush.
    FACT: ONE is better than FOUR because one is a prime number and four isnt.
    05-09-2013 03:46 AM
    CNET is usually not my first source of tech info but it was a fair and interesting article.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hence my reason for posting it.
    05-09-2013 05:10 AM

And I posted it without comment and throughout the thread noted it was hardly a resounding victory.
    05-09-2013 05:14 AM
    THIS post or THIS post can be credited with the derailment. Funny how I apologized for an off-the-cuff remark, then decided to NOT argue again, yet you still persist, as well as at least one member of your "fan club". You couldn't just take my post as "cool, he doesn't want to argue" and be an adult, could you?

And here is precisely the problem with a mod actively engaging in debate with an end user. The implied threat of sanction to wit "pushing the limits you are" (in best Yoda voice")
    05-09-2013 06:11 AM

Clockwork, indeed. Immediately spun it somewhere else. I'll assume people who don't agree with you probably aren't too keen on being called my "fan club" since they have their own opinions separate of what I said. What you're trying to do is provoke me enough so you can slap an infraction or a ban, but unfortunately for you I'm just contributing to a thread about CNET.

Speaking of that, before it was interrupted, I found it pretty interesting the way they grouped some of the criteria together. Jon Rettinger had a pretty good comparison video; different result, but mostly fair because he was clear it was his preference.
    05-09-2013 08:06 AM
    Clockwork, indeed. Immediately spun it somewhere else. I'll assume people who don't agree with you probably aren't too keen on being called my "fan club" since they have their own opinions separate of what I said. What you're trying to do is provoke me enough so you can slap an infraction or a ban, but unfortunately for you I'm just contributing to a thread about CNET.

Speaking of that, before it was interrupted, I found it pretty interesting the way they grouped some of the criteria together. Jon Rettinger had a pretty good comparison video; different result, but mostly fair because he was clear it was his preference.
    Spun? OK...

Directly addressed your accusation of derailing the thread. Nice job ignoring the rest of my post.

You could choose to ignore my posts and not reply since, let's be honest, you probably just think I'm trolling.
    05-09-2013 08:14 AM
    And here is precisely the problem with a mod actively engaging in debate with an end user. The implied threat of sanction to wit "pushing the limits you are" (in best Yoda voice")
    I actively allow it (the skirting of the rules, and sometimes outright breaking of them) to happen by telling the Mod team NOT to do anything. Quite the opposite of what you think is going on.

Do you guys really think the rest of the Mod team just ignores threads like this? They want it closed with infractions handed out, honestly. Some would be well justified. I know if that happened, though, there would be cries of "ZOMG THE MODZ R SO BIASED". The free ride will have to end eventually. It always does.
    05-09-2013 08:21 AM
    B/C that's how HTC fans roll.
    Nope can't generalize like that or better yet I guess the same should be said about Samsung fans....
    05-09-2013 08:30 AM
    Nope can't generalize like that or better yet I guess the same should be said about Samsung fans....
    And he's one of them xD.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:02 AM
    I think we can all agree on that. There's people on both sides who do the same thing. Any thoughts on the actual video, though?
    adriandb likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:11 AM
    Wow. I can only imagine the comments on this, but wow. I didn't think any tech site/review site would be bold enough to do that.
    CNET always does prize fights .

I thought it was a great review.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    BigDinCA and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-09-2013 09:16 AM
    CNET always does prize fights .

I thought it was a great review.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Oh I know. I haven't watched that many comparison videos, but the videos I have watched have all been pro-One. CNET is the first I've seen, and it could be just me, that actually went the other way, even if it was ever so slightly.
    05-09-2013 09:23 AM
    I actively allow it (the skirting of the rules, and sometimes outright breaking of them) to happen by telling the Mod team NOT to do anything. Quite the opposite of what you think is going on.

Do you guys really think the rest of the Mod team just ignores threads like this? They want it closed with infractions handed out, honestly. Some would be well justified. I know if that happened, though, there would be cries of "ZOMG THE MODZ R SO BIASED". The free ride will have to end eventually. It always does.
    So what is this, the 3rd or 4th time you have actively tried to derail or instigate a a fight in an S4 thread? And somehow you are proud because at the same time you state that infractions won't be handed out because you are stopping it?
    You do understand that members are viewing this and your actions don't speek highly of this site.

I will say this, you are lucky that you didn't mention my name when speaking about Eric's fan club. But we all know you were talking about me. You really should feel ashamed bro. You are acting childish on a forum that you happen to moderate.

chevyman29, tohio and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-09-2013 09:36 AM

its a sad day whenever the people who run a great site such as this one feel the need to come into threads and intentionally start a argument with its members . the thread was moving along just fine without comments from you that where meant to inflammatory. and by all means feel free to ban or infraction me at will . im a reader not a poster and last time I checked you cant stop me from reading.
    tohio and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-09-2013 09:36 AM
    Waiting for the CNET sucks, is paid off by Samsung, has no credibility posts to roll in.
    They do suck. They did a car review recently and tried to make it sound like Nissan was on par with Honda. NOT. Nissan is the "I can't afford Honda/Toyota" company. My purely anecdotal unscientific proof of this rests in my obserservation that I see more hoodierats driving Altimas than Accords
    badbrad17 likes this.
    05-09-2013 09:55 AM
    But what about the LAG? Good Lord don't forget the LAG!!!
    I heard the recent update to the S4 fixed the lag problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    roberts68 likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:09 AM
    So what is this, the 3rd or 4th time you have actively tried to derail or instigate a a fight in an S4 thread? And somehow you are proud because at the same time you state that infractions won't be handed out because you are stopping it?
    You do understand that members are viewing this and your actions don't speek highly of this site.

I will say this, you are lucky that you didn't mention my name when speaking about Eric's fan club. But we all know you were talking about me. You really should feel ashamed bro. You are acting childish on a forum that you happen to moderate.

Clearly you missed the point.

its a sad day whenever the people who run a great site such as this one feel the need to come into threads and intentionally start a argument with its members . the thread was moving along just fine without comments from you that where meant to inflammatory. and by all means feel free to ban or infraction me at will . im a reader not a poster and last time I checked you cant stop me from reading.
    Cool. Skip over the apology I gave. Have I banned or infracted anyone else in this thread? Nope. So why would you even suggest that I would do that to you. Step outside of the S4 section for an idea of how AC really is. Hint: Much friendlier.
    05-09-2013 10:13 AM
    Alright, so trying to get this thread back on track was a waste of time.
    05-09-2013 10:22 AM
    So glad the HTC One won. The S4 is soooo laggy. I couldn't stand using it.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-09-2013 10:23 AM
    Alright, so trying to get this thread back on track was a waste of time.
    OK, let me try. CNET, in my opinion, seems to be pretty pro Apple. The fact that they choose Apple's biggest competitor as the winner of the "Smackdown" sways me to lend credence to the results.

Is it just me or do others think CNET is leaning Apple's way?
    Topgonzo and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-09-2013 10:30 AM
    So glad the HTC One won. The S4 is soooo laggy. I couldn't stand using it.
    Mine took 3 hours just to scroll from one home screen to the next. I returned it thinking that it might have been defective, same problem. So I booked flights to 50 different countries and bought 100 s4's in each one and it was the same on all of them. So I returned them all and bought a bone colored rotary phone with 1 KB of RAM and an 8 baud dialup modem made by kmart which got better reviews.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
    05-09-2013 10:46 AM
191 12345 ...