CNET Smackdown S4 v. One

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there an actual rating or something in this review I'm not seeing? From what I can tell, they called it a tie and said the , "if you like this, get this, otherwise get this" kind of nonsense everyone else had. I think a tie is probably fairly accurate because the specs are so similar and the features are the differentiators, it really is almost entirely subjective which one is "better".

Watch the video. The S4 won but it was by one one hundredth of a point.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys have been posting stuffs like this recently and I found it a bit annoying. It's not that because I don't agree with your points but it's really delusional to keep saying something is better than the other. Both devices are great, but the HTC One has some features that the GS4 doesn't have and vice versa. You made your choice and I made mine so why don't we just respect that fact? Also saying "HTC fans" this and that is very offensive and shouldn't be brought up in a tech forum.

Welcome to the annoying club! Your an expert already.
Don't be so easily offended. Wouldn't wanna see you perp walk'n on CNN after a mass murder.

Now...
GS4: Sleek, modern, lite & powerful.
ONE: looks like a 1980's U.S. Built car... Thuggish, boxy

GS4: 10 +
ONE: 9 -

A very biased Samsung S# series vet. :cool:

Submitted VIA Subspace

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't be so easily offended. Wouldn't wanna see you perp walk'n on CNN after a mass murder.

Now...

Submitted VIA Subspace

I'm guessing you're the leader of this "Annoying Club".

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Now...

Submitted VIA Subspace

I'd give them a 6+ and a 7-. 10 is something that makes you say, "wow". Neither of these is close to that. :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No no no no no phone X sucks, phone Y rules!

Personally, I think it's awesome that there are two more kick *** phones or there. Everyone wins.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's that close. When Samsung releases the Galaxy Note 3 I will have to make a choice which one to sell.

I posted what hTc could've done differently. No question the One would be the Super Phone of 2013 if they just added a microSD slot and went with 13MP Camera.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
See how quickly this escalated?

Now we have yet another One vs S4 thread. Cool.

Eh most of the replies are being fair... that both phone are good.
I wouldn't make it what it isnt -- at least just yet :).

Anyway, who cares. CNET looks at 1/100th of what reviewers like Anandtech look at.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I referenced the One and the screen sticking out as possibly an isolated incident. After looking into it, it looks like it's happened to quite a few people. Gotta get that manufacturing process under control, HTC.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Eh most of the replies are being fair... that both phone are good.
I wouldn't make it what it isnt -- at least just yet :).

Anyway, who cares. CNET looks at 1/100th of what reviewers like Anandtech look at.

CNET is usually not my first source of tech info but it was a fair and interesting article.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CNET is usually not my first source of tech info but it was a fair and interesting article.

I guess it just depends on what criteria you judge them on. Most of it comes down to whether they choose AMOLED or LCD, 13MP or UltraPixel, and battery.

I'd go with AMOLED in this specific situation because of the screen modes and it uses the full screen on everything.

Going with the 13MP camera. No question about low light performance on the One, but the S4 is more versatile. You're not making as many sacrifices with the S4 camera and the software is better. Plus I'd use Vine when it comes out instead of Zoe and I'm guessing I'm not in the minority overall on that one.

Battery isn't terrible on the One. Far from it. Just not as good as the S4 and I've thrown the kitchen sink at both.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Now...

Submitted VIA Subspace

I fully expect you all to tear this fellow apart for this. If you don't, I'll be very disappointed in some of you.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I would expect the S4 to beat the One with the bigger screen and little faster processor. BUT I picked the One because I wanted the front speakers,the ZOE (which I love) and the build. But can somebody really say which phone is better than the other. I don't think so. Close PPI, screen size,same processor,same ram. Do you really think you could wrong with either phone? I don't. It all comes down to what features a person will use more. I think these 2 phones will be fighting it out for the rest of the year

I have both and I honestly can't say that one is better than the other. In a perfect world we would be able to breed them and produce the perfect phone. It really is like having to pick between two hot chicks who happen to be twins. Can you go wrong with either choice if you had to choose one?

Personally I'm leaning towards the One but I've only been using the gs4 for a day. I'm going to use it for a couple weeks with an open mind and then make a decision if I can. If not I may just keep both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I would, but he admits he's biased.

Of course I'm biased. Very few in these S4 vs One threads aren't. I just prefer the S line.
Look, all bs aside, it?s a purely subjective thing. The way some get so tweaked cracks me up. It's like a spouse is getting insulted or something.
This stuff (1 vs S4) is candyass compared to iPhone vs Android threads I've read.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21