CNET Smackdown S4 v. One

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright I'll say it. If he was biased towards the One your reply would be different. We all know it.

Posted via Android Central App

I've gotten under your skin, moderator. Ask the people in these very S4 forums to whom I've recommended the One to how biased I am. I'd pick the S4 every time personally, but I'm objective when it comes to others.

I especially like the "we" all know it part.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This nonsense is seriously killing the fun of the forums. Thanks for that.

These issues couldn't matter less and one or both of these devices probably won't be in the top 5 devices of 2013 by the end of the year. Is there any way to talk about issues questions about the devices without all of the other bull**** attached? If not, then I suggest not posting anything. I'm not trying to act like a moderator or tell anyone what to do. What I am trying to do, is let you know that you're ruining the enjoyment of talking about Android for everyone else.

If you can understand that, I'd ask that you act accordingly.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Alright I'll say it. If he was biased towards the One your reply would be different. We all know it.

Posted via Android Central App
Why are you encouraging this brawl? There wasn't even drama in this thread until... now.

I still haven't gotten my S4 -- but just from reading these threads (objectively? Idk, I have an Evo3d still) it seems like mods are attacking forum members just as much as forum members are attacking mods.
Where's the "let's grow up and move on" attitude?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait til wife has her HTC One and I have my S4. We will have real time live action fights over who has the better phone.
AND, we can punch each other in the mouth if one of us puts down the others phone.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Why are you encouraging this brawl? There wasn't even drama in this thread until... now.
Seems like mods are encouraging this really heavily.

I still haven't gotten my S4 -- but just from reading these threads (objectively? Idk, I have an Evo3d still) it seems like mods are attacking forum members just as much as forum members are attacking mods.
Where's the "let's grow up and move on" attitude?

Oh he's not attacking me. No complaints from me at all. In fact, it couldn't be more amusing.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten under your skin, moderator. Ask the people in these very S4 forums to whom I've recommended the One to how biased I am. I'd pick the S4 every time personally, but I'm objective when it comes to others.

I especially like the "we" all know it part.

"We" because I'm not the only one. Why bash a professed HTC biased person, but not one that proclaims Samsung? The behavior was exactly the same. It's a fair question. Poorly worded in my first reply. For that, I do apologize.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
"We" because I'm not the only one. Why bash a professed HTC biased person, but not one that proclaims Samsung? The behavior was exactly the same. It's a fair question. Poorly worded in my first reply. For that, I do apologize.

Who did I bash that was a professed HTC biased person? I also didn't know you spoke for other people.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Eh. Not worth doing this all over again.

Oh you mean yourself. "Bash" doesn't really fit, though. "Put in your place" would probably be more accurate.

I like the intentional derailment of this thread by you, though. I'm sure you'll spin it so that someone else is to blame. It was only a thread started by madlaw1071 (someone who's questioned you more than I have) about a comparison that the S4 won.

Like clockwork, just like I said before.

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't resist.

Note II - Wow
GS4 - Hmmmmmmm
One - Hmmm
IPhone 5 - imagine crickets chirping......

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Eric, it is a sad day that Kevin and Jerry feel the need to start some drama on the s4 forums again. It seems that they are still hurt from earlier today.

At least Phil was a grownup about it earlier. But I'm wondering if I made a mistake on coming back here to this forum. As much as I like the staff here, they clearly feel the need to act childish.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh you mean yourself. "Bash" doesn't really fit, though. "Put in your place" would probably be more accurate.

I like the intentional derailment of this thread by you, though. I'm sure you'll spin it so that someone else is to blame. It was only a thread started by madlaw1071 (someone who's questioned you more than I have) about a comparison that the S4 won.

THIS post or THIS post can be credited with the derailment. Funny how I apologized for an off-the-cuff remark, then decided to NOT argue again, yet you still persist, as well as at least one member of your "fan club". You couldn't just take my post as "cool, he doesn't want to argue" and be an adult, could you?

Pushing the limits you are.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
FACT: the galaxy s4 is the third best phone ever made.
FACT: inside the htc is liquid awesome.
FACT: the galaxy s4 is made of brittle plastic that melts in your car if you leave the windows closed.
FACT: the htc one is made of platinanium-uridium which is physically indestructible and so pretty women leave their husbands for them.
FACT: htc one screens stick out the front just a little bit because htc MEANT IT TO BE THAT WAY because ITS BETTER than being flush.
FACT: ONE is better than FOUR because one is a prime number and four isnt.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

And I posted it without comment and throughout the thread noted it was hardly a resounding victory.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
THIS post or THIS post can be credited with the derailment. Funny how I apologized for an off-the-cuff remark, then decided to NOT argue again, yet you still persist, as well as at least one member of your "fan club". You couldn't just take my post as "cool, he doesn't want to argue" and be an adult, could you?

And here is precisely the problem with a mod actively engaging in debate with an end user. The implied threat of sanction to wit "pushing the limits you are" (in best Yoda voice")

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Clockwork, indeed. Immediately spun it somewhere else. I'll assume people who don't agree with you probably aren't too keen on being called my "fan club" since they have their own opinions separate of what I said. What you're trying to do is provoke me enough so you can slap an infraction or a ban, but unfortunately for you I'm just contributing to a thread about CNET.

Speaking of that, before it was interrupted, I found it pretty interesting the way they grouped some of the criteria together. Jon Rettinger had a pretty good comparison video; different result, but mostly fair because he was clear it was his preference.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Clockwork, indeed. Immediately spun it somewhere else. I'll assume people who don't agree with you probably aren't too keen on being called my "fan club" since they have their own opinions separate of what I said. What you're trying to do is provoke me enough so you can slap an infraction or a ban, but unfortunately for you I'm just contributing to a thread about CNET.

Speaking of that, before it was interrupted, I found it pretty interesting the way they grouped some of the criteria together. Jon Rettinger had a pretty good comparison video; different result, but mostly fair because he was clear it was his preference.

Spun? OK...

Directly addressed your accusation of derailing the thread. Nice job ignoring the rest of my post.

You could choose to ignore my posts and not reply since, let's be honest, you probably just think I'm trolling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante