CNET Smackdown S4 v. One

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
And here is precisely the problem with a mod actively engaging in debate with an end user. The implied threat of sanction to wit "pushing the limits you are" (in best Yoda voice")

I actively allow it (the skirting of the rules, and sometimes outright breaking of them) to happen by telling the Mod team NOT to do anything. Quite the opposite of what you think is going on.

Do you guys really think the rest of the Mod team just ignores threads like this? They want it closed with infractions handed out, honestly. Some would be well justified. I know if that happened, though, there would be cries of "ZOMG THE MODZ R SO BIASED". The free ride will have to end eventually. It always does.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I can only imagine the comments on this, but wow. I didn't think any tech site/review site would be bold enough to do that.

CNET always does prize fights :).

I thought it was a great review.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CNET always does prize fights :).

I thought it was a great review.

Oh I know. I haven't watched that many comparison videos, but the videos I have watched have all been pro-One. CNET is the first I've seen, and it could be just me, that actually went the other way, even if it was ever so slightly.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I actively allow it (the skirting of the rules, and sometimes outright breaking of them) to happen by telling the Mod team NOT to do anything. Quite the opposite of what you think is going on.

Do you guys really think the rest of the Mod team just ignores threads like this? They want it closed with infractions handed out, honestly. Some would be well justified. I know if that happened, though, there would be cries of "ZOMG THE MODZ R SO BIASED". The free ride will have to end eventually. It always does.

So what is this, the 3rd or 4th time you have actively tried to derail or instigate a a fight in an S4 thread? And somehow you are proud because at the same time you state that infractions won't be handed out because you are stopping it?
You do understand that members are viewing this and your actions don't speek highly of this site.

I will say this, you are lucky that you didn't mention my name when speaking about Eric's fan club. But we all know you were talking about me. You really should feel ashamed bro. You are acting childish on a forum that you happen to moderate.

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

its a sad day whenever the people who run a great site such as this one feel the need to come into threads and intentionally start a argument with its members . the thread was moving along just fine without comments from you that where meant to inflammatory. and by all means feel free to ban or infraction me at will . im a reader not a poster and last time I checked you cant stop me from reading.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for the CNET sucks, is paid off by Samsung, has no credibility posts to roll in.

They do suck. They did a car review recently and tried to make it sound like Nissan was on par with Honda. NOT. Nissan is the "I can't afford Honda/Toyota" company. My purely anecdotal unscientific proof of this rests in my obserservation that I see more hoodierats driving Altimas than Accords

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So what is this, the 3rd or 4th time you have actively tried to derail or instigate a a fight in an S4 thread? And somehow you are proud because at the same time you state that infractions won't be handed out because you are stopping it?
You do understand that members are viewing this and your actions don't speek highly of this site.

I will say this, you are lucky that you didn't mention my name when speaking about Eric's fan club. But we all know you were talking about me. You really should feel ashamed bro. You are acting childish on a forum that you happen to moderate.

Clearly you missed the point.

its a sad day whenever the people who run a great site such as this one feel the need to come into threads and intentionally start a argument with its members . the thread was moving along just fine without comments from you that where meant to inflammatory. and by all means feel free to ban or infraction me at will . im a reader not a poster and last time I checked you cant stop me from reading.

Cool. Skip over the apology I gave. Have I banned or infracted anyone else in this thread? Nope. So why would you even suggest that I would do that to you. Step outside of the S4 section for an idea of how AC really is. Hint: Much friendlier.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so trying to get this thread back on track was a waste of time.

OK, let me try. CNET, in my opinion, seems to be pretty pro Apple. The fact that they choose Apple's biggest competitor as the winner of the "Smackdown" sways me to lend credence to the results.

Is it just me or do others think CNET is leaning Apple's way?

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So glad the HTC One won. The S4 is soooo laggy. I couldn't stand using it.

Mine took 3 hours just to scroll from one home screen to the next. I returned it thinking that it might have been defective, same problem. So I booked flights to 50 different countries and bought 100 s4's in each one and it was the same on all of them. So I returned them all and bought a bone colored rotary phone with 1 KB of RAM and an 8 baud dialup modem made by kmart which got better reviews.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Clearly you missed the point.

Cool. Skip over the apology I gave. Have I banned or infracted anyone else in this thread? Nope. So why would you even suggest that I would do that to you. Step outside of the S4 section for an idea of how AC really is. Hint: Much friendlier.

1) So please oh wise one, continue to elaborate on just what point that I missed?

2) what apology did you post on this thread? I can't find it.

3) I do agree with you that the staff here at AC is far more friendly in other sections of the forums. Since for the last 2 months I've mostly have been in the One forum, I will say that I've never seen a moderator act as you do here. It is far friendlier then here as far as staff is concerned.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know. I haven't watched that many comparison videos, but the videos I have watched have all been pro-One. CNET is the first I've seen, and it could be just me, that actually went the other way, even if it was ever so slightly.

It was what I expected personally. Both phones are really good so either is a win in my opinion :).

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually refer to cnet as well as android central, as my two main review sites when trying to determine whether a phone purchase is worth it.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA