CNET Smackdown S4 v. One

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I found this to be very fair. Good read, and that's something I've never said about CNET before.
Ya think maybe someone up high at CNET realized their credibility had sunk so low that they started an internal campaign to restore it?

Either that or they all got bored with their iphones. ;)

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They do suck. They did a car review recently and tried to make it sound like Nissan was on par with Honda. NOT. Nissan is the "I can't afford Honda/Toyota" company. My purely anecdotal unscientific proof of this rests in my obserservation that I see more hoodierats driving Altimas than Accords

Your proof is horribly biased. I see plenty of gangbanging wannabes driving Camrys, Corollas, Accords, AND CIVICS. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda all compete on the same level. They are the 3 big Japanese makers.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
They do suck. They did a car review recently and tried to make it sound like Nissan was on par with Honda. NOT. Nissan is the "I can't afford Honda/Toyota" company. My purely anecdotal unscientific proof of this rests in my obserservation that I see more hoodierats driving Altimas than Accords

I drive an Altima. Not because I couldn't afford an Accord,but the Altima was/is a helluva nicer than the Accord.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Come on, man! Why is this a thread? Another f'ing thread... because there weren't 40 identical ones to post that link in? Nobody would have found their way over to that tiny little tech site on their own? This is ridiculous. Like a bunch of petulant children here. If you can't get the last word in on a thread, start another and get the first word in over there. If you weren't happy bashing the moderators time and time again in one thread, just search for the latest "GS4 vs One" thread (trust me - some enormous tool is bound to start one every day) and you can keep going at it. You can say it happens "like clockwork" all you want, but you're part of the problem and you keep winding that clock. This thread was flying off the rails halfway through the first page. And the moderators, who love to say "don't feed the trolls", apparently roll around here with garbage bags full Red Vines and Doritos, Cheez-it's and Red Bull, because they can't stop themselves from feeding everyone. And then there are the lurkers who just pop in to stir the pot in case things actually start to settle down a bit. Good Lord, it's like The Warriors in here.

Then a bunch of us stupidly come to this thread, clicking on the "Trending Now" link, only to find the usual suspects in another pissing contest over which fans are more obnoxious and why moderators shouldn't be allowed to have opinions. Then there's the "don't talk about lag on my GS4! You're a filthy liar!" guys who are immediately followed by the jerkoff posting "meh, the GS4 sucks. HTC FTW!". (On a side-note, anyone who uses "meh" and "FTW" in a post should have their login revoked and YOLO tattooed on their forehead). While "you better not be talking about me" and "I'm not getting sucked into this again, except for these next 10 posts" get plastered all over the forums and you nincompoops stand around with your arms folded and your chests thrust out like your **** don't stink, you are making this place very not-fun for the rest of us.

There's no more lively debate. No more geeking-out as a community. We can't talk about battery technology without the "non-removable batteries are stupid" snipers. We can't discuss anything regarding manufacturing or build-quality because "plastic sucks, can't you get that through your thick head?" and there will be blood spilled at some point. I can't talk about something on my phone that I don't like or that isn't right because I know the thread will become a "that's because your phone is a POS and my phone is powered by the blood of the baby Jesus" fiasco. For the record - that isn't real helpful, just telling someone their phone sucks. It's not why most of us started coming here in the first place. I lurked around here for over a year before I signed up because it was a little intimidating, seeing all these people who seemed to know what they were talking about and not wanting to sound like a total moron. But people were welcoming and wanted to help, so it was good. But some of you guys have turned into a virus that just keeps spreading and infecting every damn thread you post in. The sad thing is, we never know when you all are going to show up. We just know that you will. Thanks for screwing it all up for the rest of us.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
628x471.jpg

You're probably going to get flamed for that post. I just had to do this before that happens.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I laughed and snorted at the same time. Now there is a booger on my monitor.

My Samsung monitor, near my HTC One, near my wife's GS3 data cable and my daughter's iP5 charger.

EVERYBODY SING! ... she swallowed the spider to catch the fly. I don't know why she swallowed the fly - perhaps she'll die.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I drive an Altima. Not because I couldn't afford an Accord,but the Altima was/is a helluva nicer than the Accord.
If you could afford an accord AND you knew your cars, you wouldn't have bought an Altima. It's not nicer. The accord has blown the altima away every year since the altima has come out. Honda engineering and quality blows Nissan away. Nissan may as well just be called Chevrolet, Chrysler or Ford.

Your proof is horribly biased. I see plenty of gangbanging wannabes driving Camrys, Corollas, Accords, AND CIVICS. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda all compete on the same level. They are the 3 big Japanese makers.
Nissan isn't even it's own company, they're partly owned by Renault, France, which is a lousy car company, and Nissan also used to base some of their technology on Toyota until 2010 - so much for innovative engineering.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you could afford an accord AND you knew your cars, you wouldn't have bought an Altima. It's not nicer. The accord has blown the altima away every year since the altima has come out. Honda engineering and quality blows Nissan away. Nissan may as well just be called Chevrolet, Chrysler or Ford.

Nissan isn't even it's own company, they're partly owned by Renault, France, which is a lousy car company, and Nissan also used to base some of their technology on Toyota until 2010 - so much for innovative engineering.

Holy crap now we are having people getting in a pi$$ing contest over cars. I think we have hit an all time low her on AC.

Anyway people that know anything about Phones choose the S4 :D

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

It's not nicer to who? The Altima looks a lot nicer than the Accord. I trust Consumer Reports and the Altima is always ranked very good. And I could care less if it's partially owned by Renault. What do you drive?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Because you're not trolling by calling out HTC fans? We're not ALL like that, just how I assume not ALL S4 fans are as much of a ****** as you are.

Read this post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=277181

Expect to see that in action in this very thread.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Come on, man! Why is this a thread? Another f'ing thread... because there weren't 40 identical ones to post that link in? Nobody would have found their way over to that tiny little tech site on their own? This is ridiculous. Like a bunch of petulant children here. If you can't get the last word in on a thread, start another and get the first word in over there. If you weren't happy bashing the moderators time and time again in one thread, just search for the latest "GS4 vs One" thread (trust me - some enormous tool is bound to start one every day) and you can keep going at it. You can say it happens "like clockwork" all you want, but you're part of the problem and you keep winding that clock. This thread was flying off the rails halfway through the first page. And the moderators, who love to say "don't feed the trolls", apparently roll around here with garbage bags full Red Vines and Doritos, Cheez-it's and Red Bull, because they can't stop themselves from feeding everyone. And then there are the lurkers who just pop in to stir the pot in case things actually start to settle down a bit. Good Lord, it's like The Warriors in here.

Then a bunch of us stupidly come to this thread, clicking on the "Trending Now" link, only to find the usual suspects in another pissing contest over which fans are more obnoxious and why moderators shouldn't be allowed to have opinions. Then there's the "don't talk about lag on my GS4! You're a filthy liar!" guys who are immediately followed by the jerkoff posting "meh, the GS4 sucks. HTC FTW!". (On a side-note, anyone who uses "meh" and "FTW" in a post should have their login revoked and YOLO tattooed on their forehead). While "you better not be talking about me" and "I'm not getting sucked into this again, except for these next 10 posts" get plastered all over the forums and you nincompoops stand around with your arms folded and your chests thrust out like your **** don't stink, you are making this place very not-fun for the rest of us.

There's no more lively debate. No more geeking-out as a community. We can't talk about battery technology without the "non-removable batteries are stupid" snipers. We can't discuss anything regarding manufacturing or build-quality because "plastic sucks, can't you get that through your thick head?" and there will be blood spilled at some point. I can't talk about something on my phone that I don't like or that isn't right because I know the thread will become a "that's because your phone is a POS and my phone is powered by the blood of the baby Jesus" fiasco. For the record - that isn't real helpful, just telling someone their phone sucks. It's not why most of us started coming here in the first place. I lurked around here for over a year before I signed up because it was a little intimidating, seeing all these people who seemed to know what they were talking about and not wanting to sound like a total moron. But people were welcoming and wanted to help, so it was good. But some of you guys have turned into a virus that just keeps spreading and infecting every damn thread you post in. The sad thing is, we never know when you all are going to show up. We just know that you will. Thanks for screwing it all up for the rest of us.

Jerry? Is that you?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't trust CNET for anything these days after the CES award thingy debacle earlier in the year, but this review was pretty fair and unbiased.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just for clarity, was the diatribe earlier with profanity/insults/YOLO included in that action plan? For the record, I won't ever cry foul, but I just want to know for clarification purposes.

We aren't going to discuss actions taken publicly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance