There IS a dimming issue with this phone

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. They make specific mention of adjusting the backlight which AMOLED doesn't have. I wonder how that will function. Will need to do some digging.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I was looking to see if they had something similar that would effect Super AMOLED. Could just be a software tweak they made, too.

Also known as I'm on crack tonight and not even thinking.

Last edited:

RobLoft

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for being a little late to this thread, but I had the same problem on my Note2 with the standard email and internet browser apps. The solution for me was to go into the power saver settings and either switch power saving off or disable the "Background Colour" option. Not sure if this would apply to the S4 as well, but I thought I'd just throw it out there. It annoyed the heck out of me for months, but all is OK with the world now.

ridah

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S4. I also turned off all the auto display settings and it would still just haphazardly dim and brighten with no rhyme or reason. Primarily in Chrome, but also tested it in other browsers, SMemo and other apps. I triple-checked the display settings, turned off eye tracker, did a complete wipe/ hard reset, all to no avail.

Originally I was worried I had a defective unit. However now I believe it?s a pervasive issue with S4?s because I?ve exchanged 2 so far (on my 3rd), from 3 different cities (trying to avoid bad batch), and unfortunately the issue has been present in all 3.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The screen brightness fluctuations are annoying af since my screen is always on 0 brightness but I guess we have to deal. It's really nothing too major

AitchKay

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I've turned off all the settings mentioned in this thread and it still dims slightly when I'm browsing and gaming.

It's almost as if the "Auto Adjust Screen Tone" setting isn't being recognised when it's disabled - or something similar?

Anybody know when the next Samsung update is coming out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia