05-14-2013 08:31 PM
73 123
tools
    I have seen the commercial and actually found it very funny, laughed a lot and the ad agency should be complimented on the creativity. On a serious note, when is Nokia going to fire Elop and get a real CEO who has a clue about where Mobile is going. They should be looking if not already working on Android devices. They make solid hardware and while Windows Phone OS is easy to use I just can't get past the monotone colors on the front and I rarely use my Win8 starter apps on my laptop either, what I use is safely saved on the desktop task bar.
    05-11-2013 08:57 PM
    Exactly, as long as they keep it up.

Quality (build quality, overall quality of the products) and innovation is why Samsung is running the show

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung's not really running the show though. Apple still makes more money and sells more top shelf smartphones.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    TheLibertarian and scorpiodsu like this.
    05-11-2013 09:01 PM
    I enjoyed the commercial. I think it's pretty funny. Reminds me of my brother and I when he had an iPhone and I had the Epic 4G Touch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    05-11-2013 10:51 PM
    Samsung's not really running the show though. Apple still makes more money and sells more top shelf smartphones.

Phones no macbooks and tablets maybe but phones no.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2013 10:59 PM
    I have to say though, when the one woman said "Search: one trick pony" I couldn't help but think to myself "searching for the definition of one trick pony with an iPhone are we? Maybe she should search for the definition of irony while she's at it" lol

Posted via Android Central App
    That comment [one trick pony] was made by Steve Balmer to Eric Schmidt, regarding Google only knew how to do one thing well... not relating to Android whatsoever. If Microsoft wouldn't have dropped the ball during WinCE 6.5 Pro - they would probably still be a top contender in the mobile phone market, thanks to Microsoft's current CEO, Steve, they deserve to be where they are now.
    05-11-2013 11:00 PM

Seriously? The iP5 far outsold the GS3. No single Android device has ever come close to outselling an iPhone.

Sales figures are fairly public information.

Phones, definitely.
    05-11-2013 11:08 PM
    Seriously? The iP5 far outsold the GS3. No single Android device has ever come close to outselling an iPhone.

Sales figures are fairly public information.

Phones, definitely.
    Please please show facts because as far as I know the gs3 outsold the iPhone and regardless so what the gs3 is still a better product.

05-11-2013 11:45 PM

Samsung's galaxy s line has never outsold the iPhone.

TheLibertarian likes this.
    05-12-2013 12:04 AM
    Please please show facts because as far as I know the gs3 outsold the iPhone and regardless so what the gs3 is still a better product.

The GS3 never outsold the iPhone. Samsung never gives actual sales numbers. They only give units shipped, which includes all of the units sitting in carrier warehouses.

scorpiodsu likes this.
    05-12-2013 12:06 AM

I find it funny you say "as far as I know" but then ask for facts. Where'd you get your facts as far as you know? I'm just wondering.

All in all this talk about sales is silly and people should stop being such crazed fanboys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 12:34 AM
    Samsung's galaxy s line has never outsold the iPhone.

Yeah from everything I read iPhone always sells more overall but Samsung wins in some months mostly due to the release cycle. I mean I expect Samsung to sell more gs4 for the next couple months. But then apple will most likely surpass the S4 when the next phone comes out during that time because by then the S4 isn't new anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 12:39 AM

No. That is incorrect. Again, no single Android device has ever outsold an iPhone model.

You can't call the GS3 a better product as that's strictly your opinion and not factual, unlike saying the iPhone outsold the GS3, which is factual.

The iPhone 4S, as well as the 5, both sold more units than the GS3.

Common knowledge.

So please, please enlighten us all as to where you were lead to your misinformation.
    05-12-2013 03:16 AM
    This commercial shows how Nokia singlehandedly is propping up the entire WP platform. I had a 920, by far the best hardware on a smartphone I've ever had, sold it, and got the 8X to replace it for T-Mobile. The 8X is nowhere near the 920, IMO. Even the Lumia 810 might be better than the 8X, at a cheaper price if you figure in the Nokia optics and features. If I can find a Lumia 510, I'll buy it just to have a Nokia WP again. A few more key apps and they are pretty much there....but its hard to convince someone to switch to WP unless you are making the argument with a Nokia handset.
    05-12-2013 03:22 AM
    Just like I said who cares who sold more units. All that matters is what is the better phone and its been proven the gs3 was better period idgaf about sales numbers because everybody jacks up thier numbers apple included.

05-12-2013 12:24 PM
    Just like I said who cares who sold more units. All that matters is what is the better phone and its been proven the gs3 was better period idgaf about sales numbers because everybody jacks up thier numbers apple included.

Translation: I was proven wrong about sales, so I'm going to go on about something else entirely and hope no one notices.

As another poster said, it is your opinion that the S3 is better. It is not fact.

Also, apple only reports units sold to end users, not units shipped. So you were wrong.

05-12-2013 01:44 PM
    Translation: I was proven wrong about sales, so I'm going to go on about something else entirely and hope no one notices.

As another poster said, it is your opinion that the S3 is better. It is not fact.

Also, apple only reports units sold to end users, not units shipped. So you were wrong.

BURNED.
    05-12-2013 01:46 PM

Haha I said what I meant dude everybody jack up sales period and if I was wrong OK AND.... I've seen u been proven wrong on multiple threads so quit while u ahead

05-12-2013 02:44 PM
    Damn isheep in android clothing. Lol

05-12-2013 02:44 PM
    its been proven the gs3 was better period
    How has a personal preference been proven?

You're confusing opinions with facts.
    05-12-2013 04:08 PM
    How has a personal preference been proven?

You're confusing opinions with facts.
    Name one thing the ip5 has over the gs4 gs3 HTC one???

05-12-2013 04:14 PM
    Name one thing the ip5 has over the gs4 gs3 HTC one???

iOS. The beautifully connected Apple ecosystem. Impossibly fluid. Constantly updated (even old models). Great build quality. Terrific camera.

You're not serious, are you?

How can you not comprehend that preferring iPhone's or Android's is a choice and an opinion? Open your eyes, bud.
    Gathomblipoob likes this.
    05-12-2013 04:51 PM
    iOS. The beautifully connected Apple ecosystem. Impossibly fluid. Constantly updated (even old models). Great build quality. Terrific camera.

You're not serious, are you?

How can you not comprehend that preferring iPhone's or Android's is a choice and an opinion? Open your eyes, bud.
    That ecosystem includes iTunes. No f n way iTunes is trash and bogged down every pc I've had.

05-12-2013 08:34 PM
    That ecosystem includes iTunes. No f n way iTunes is trash and bogged down every pc I've had.

Yikes.

Well, guess you're right then, how was the rest of the world too foolish to see the light?

/sarcasm

You asked in what way the iPhone 5 was better. Saying you've had a poor experience on a PC (hint: not Apple's ecosystem) with iTunes was entirely irrelevant to my post.

The point is, each platform has its strengths and weaknesses and choosing one is a personal preference; the factual differences between the products don't show you which is better, they show how they're different.

It's an opinion, guy. In my opinion, I don't like the GS3 because it feels cheap, has an AMOLED display, utilizes a physical home button, and comes with TouchWiz. But that's my opinion because that device doesn't suit my preferences, which doesn't mean the GS3 isn't still a good device.

Side note: both myself and the other user you chose to incorrectly argue with own Android devices, so calling us iSheep because we proved you wrong makes you look silly.
    05-12-2013 10:26 PM
    Yikes.

Well, guess you're right then, how was the rest of the world too foolish to see the light?

/sarcasm

You asked in what way the iPhone 5 was better. Saying you've had a poor experience on a PC (hint: not Apple's ecosystem) with iTunes was entirely irrelevant to my post.

The point is, each platform has its strengths and weaknesses and choosing one is a personal preference; the factual differences between the products don't show you which is better, they show how they're different.

It's an opinion, guy. In my opinion, I don't like the GS3 because it feels cheap, has an AMOLED display, utilizes a physical home button, and comes with TouchWiz. But that's my opinion because that device doesn't suit my preferences, which doesn't mean the GS3 isn't still a good device.

Side note: both myself and the other user you chose to incorrectly argue with own Android devices, so calling us iSheep because we proved you wrong makes you look silly.
    To each there own but I'll prefer googles ecosystem and FYI I didn't argue with none of u guys or whoever u are I stated my 2 cents on the glorified ip5. And I didn't state no names when I said isheep. Somebody's feeling a lil guilty perhaps haha smh. IOS suits a lot of people OK fine so does Android,Windows phone, and BB.

05-12-2013 10:53 PM

Again, your opinion.

05-13-2013 11:10 AM
73 123